How to use the restroom with all that fabric?
I'm getting married in September and my neighbor is getting married in May. I posted the question on facebook and everyone was clueless. Some people told me to avoid drinking all day which may eliminate the need to go. Then again, it may not. So how is everyone planning on using the ladies room with all that fabric?

Tammy
Wedding: 07/12/2014
Posted On: Apr 10, 2012 at 6:01 PM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate1 like

36 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!
«12»

Married: 09/29/2012
Apr 10, 2012 at 6:03 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Haha I wonder this myself.... Isn't that what bridesmaids are there for??? haha I know I will be requesting help of them, my mom and my aunts!

Married: 06/22/2012
Apr 10, 2012 at 6:04 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
this is a major concern for me too.. :)

Married: 07/21/2012
Reviews: 1
Apr 10, 2012 at 6:05 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I've helped hold up gowns for my friends before... two or three of us in the restroom holding up all the layers, and poof and tulle.

I've also heard of girls using the toilet by sitting backwards, so all your extra gown and train are in front of the bowl. My concern with that, is that is seems you have to go nekkid under the gown or take your nylons/panties/Spanx all the way off!

Married: 10/01/2011
Reviews: 18
Apr 10, 2012 at 6:07 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
2D Bride has a "How To". Do a search for it. Basically, it involves, squatting on the toilet face forward. I didn't have a lot of fabric, so I don't know if it works or not.

MrsHarris
Married: 03/17/2012
Reviews: 5
Apr 10, 2012 at 6:11 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I was worried about this too. But when the day came, I didn't need to go! I went right before i put the dress on and didn't need to go again until the night was over (surprisingly considering the number of drinks I had)

Tammy
Apr 10, 2012 at 6:14 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I was thinking let hubby come in the bathroom and help me out (since he's seen it before), I think however, I would be uncomfortable with ladies helping me out. When I asked my hubby, he said, "you want me to come in the ladies room with you? Hint, LADIES room?" Then he said, "I don't think men are allowed in there hun." It was very funny, but at the same time, it caused me some minor concern.

krisalicious
Married: 04/28/2012
Apr 10, 2012 at 6:26 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I wouldn't dehydrate yourself too much, that might not be a fun evening!

My dress has a zipper - I thought I might just have my girls zip me out of it when I have to go potty. I have a really long train, that would be a lot of fabric to hold up, it would probably take like 4 people.

I've helped a bunch of my friends in this situation, usually it's at least one of us on each side and the bride squatting in the middle and everybody tries not to think about it and makes awkward jokes. :)

Married: 08/31/2012
Reviews: 6
Apr 10, 2012 at 6:28 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
i was wondering this too.. i have heard of the sit facing the back but what about a mermaid dress? its tight past my hips so its not gonna slide up easily... maybe i should convince my boss to let me have a catheder for the day :) haha

and dont not drink anything!! besides your bladder being full, the 'stuff' in your urine is what makes you get the feeling to go.. if you dont drink it will be more concentrated and you'll still have to go even if its just a couple drops. and youll run the risk of infection which would be no bueno for the honeymoon!!
Apr 10, 2012 at 6:32 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Can you say up close and very personal :) this is where your female wedding party comes in it may just take one gal or two, but she can hold the dress up for you while your using the restroom.

Married: 09/21/2012
Apr 10, 2012 at 6:32 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
i was a helper when my friend got married in october. she has a basic princess ball gown so her twin sister and i had to hold up all that fabric and undergarment while she did her business!!! she looked like a peacock lol. i would pick two people you trust/feel comfortable with and make sure they are close at hand the whole day ;)

Married: 09/21/2012
Apr 10, 2012 at 6:34 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
@Jessica L - the sitting backwards is a great idea!!!

Married: 10/01/2011
Reviews: 18
Apr 10, 2012 at 6:36 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
You could always pull a Bethanny Frankel and put a champagne cooler or trash back between your legs, under the gown. Only kidding!

Mrs. Harris....Holy cow! You are my hero. I have one beer and I have to pee.

Tammy
Apr 10, 2012 at 6:37 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Thanks girls. And GBAC a cath is soooooooooo uncomfortable - ouch! Heather, the peacock thing was hilarious, lol. And Kris the awkward jokes would probably make laugh even harder.

S3
Married: 05/04/2012
Reviews: 9
Apr 10, 2012 at 6:38 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Here's the link with step-by-step instructions about how to pee while wearing the dress. Jessica is correct - you have to take off your undies. I will definitely do this, as I am a shy pee-er and don't want anyone in the bathroom helping me.

http://www.projectwedding.com/wedding-ideas/peeing-while-wearing-the-dress
Edited On: Apr 10, 2012 at 6:38 PM

Andrea Ank.
Married: 04/07/2012
Reviews: 5
Apr 10, 2012 at 6:45 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
lol One of my best friends and my MIL took turns being the one that helped hold all the extra fabric while I went to the restroom. It was a bit weird at first but, eh you do what you have to do.

Married: 07/21/2012
Apr 10, 2012 at 6:45 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Thanks for the education GBAC! I always kinda wondered why it can feel like I so NEED to go, and then its just a little bit. FH calls me "shot glass" and our friend "thimble" because of how often we have to use the restroom when we go out... but if it's the stuff in the urine and not just the amount of liquid, this makes so much more sense now.

Married: 12/14/2013
Apr 10, 2012 at 6:47 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Haha this was my biggest concern for my wedding day lol I told FH and he laughed at me lol luckily I'm not shy and neither are my two MOHs lol

Married: 08/31/2012
Apr 10, 2012 at 6:48 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
ur welcome jessica!! i learned about this taking a cna class and learning about old ppl not wanting to drink cuz they think they wont have to pee..and pee in their pants.. lol :)

KKnTrev
Married: 06/02/2012
Reviews: 7
Apr 10, 2012 at 8:10 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I think I will be holding it. With underwear, spanx, slip, dress... I think I will be fine. I can hold it for awhile anyway... If the spanx come off they are NOT going back on.

Married: 03/16/2012
Apr 10, 2012 at 8:14 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
ok I had one of my BMs and my MOH help me.. they both held up my dress when I had to go thank god it was only twice i didn't drink alot and i went before i put my dress on
Login or Signup to post a comment!
«12»

Topics

Vow of Conduct