how soon to start planning
I'm getting married on Nov 11th 2011. That is Veterans day and I'm afraid that if I don't book things in advance I wont get what I want. Is it wrong for me to be looking at my options now. I'm sure on where I want to have it should I book it now before the spot gets filled? I'm not in too big of a hurry for things such as cake and colors, but how soon should I make a guest list and all that. We are paying for it all our selves cause our parents can't afford it.

Married: 11/11/2011
Posted On: Sep 9, 2009 at 9:30 PM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate1 like

18 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!

Married: 04/15/2011
Reviews: 1
Sep 09, 2009 at 9:35 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
For your venues and things like that it is fine to start planning now. If you know where you want to have it already do your best to book it. I know at least in my area places are now booking into 2011 so you should work on getting this place if it is what you really want. Also look into getting someone to marry you now as well. Some officiants are booking for 2011 as well. Its never to early to look at your options.

Sep 09, 2009 at 10:19 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I do have the getting a man to marry me thing down thanks for you info

Cella
Married: 2+ years ago
Sep 09, 2009 at 11:09 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Im starting now

Married: 08/13/2010
Reviews: 3
Sep 10, 2009 at 1:02 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
i think she meant getting a priest or someone to marry you off. not a guy to literally marry you. but its never too early to start (unless he hasnt actually popped the question) i know a girl whos planning her wedding, and picking out an engagement ring, and he hasnt asked yet. but neways. mine asked me june, 09. and were getting married august 2010. i started in june. and ive already got a few elements figured out. it can save money to start soon.

Sep 10, 2009 at 1:27 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I know of a guy that does weddings outside the court house where I live I've talked to him and he doesn't need to know too far in advance but I'm planning on calling him soon because the last thing I want is to not be ready.

icart
Married: 2+ years ago
Sep 10, 2009 at 3:01 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
It is never to soon to start. The more you get done early the less stress you have. If your making things for gifts or whatever. Start now. you have the hard part done the date. So if you do a little each month you will have everything done in enough time incase some thing changes.

Married: 02/20/2010
Reviews: 5
Sep 10, 2009 at 11:08 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I would start looking now and booking now because your date is one of those ones where all the numbers are the same (11/11/11) and those dates usually fill up fast. Good Luck!

CelticChick831
Married: 10/17/2009
Reviews: 7
Sep 10, 2009 at 11:30 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Get a rough guest list together so you know how large your venue has to be, then start looking at venues. If you find one you love, go ahead and start the booking process because they do book up fast. From there just load up on magazines and pictures and jot down anything you like. Once you hit the one year mark, start going through those notes and pictures and see if you can come up with a more defined picture. From there it should be smooth sailing. Oh, and get your budget strait and if you are paying for it yourself, start saving now and shop around as much as you can for the best prices, you will be shocked what kind of deals you can find if you take the time to really look.

Cristina C.

Allumer Events
Sep 10, 2009 at 12:41 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
As a wedding planner I recommend to set your budget now. And start talking with venues. Sometimes they can lower the fees for reserving early. It'll also give you a chance to change your mind with full deposit refunds.
Sep 10, 2009 at 1:26 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I agree with Cristina at Allumer Weddings and Events, that you should set your budget soon. If you start looking now, you can get a better feel of what you want for your wedding in terms of venue (urban/loft/traditional/etc.) and what the cost will be. Plus you'll have a better selection of vendors to choose from the earlier to plan. Additionally, if you book early, you may have the option to lock in better pricing. Though some vendors may not offer a full refund on the deposit, they may offer 'courtesy calls' if they receive serious inquiries about the date which will give you a little more time to save up for reservation fees.

Sep 10, 2009 at 1:50 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
The place we are looking at has a 50 deposit I have been looking at what we are able to budget for and some family may be able to do the photography. How soon should we start planning and booking the photographer and DJ for things like that, and even the food. I know things like flowers can wait but how soon for other stuff.
Sep 18, 2009 at 3:53 AM • 
This post has been flagged by the WeddingWire Community and is now hidden.
Sep 18, 2009 at 3:54 AM • 
This post has been flagged by the WeddingWire Community and is now hidden.
Sep 18, 2009 at 7:42 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
The upside is that you can potentially lock in prices at the current (possibly lower) rates. In so doing, some vendors may require a cost of supplies increase such as the caterer, florist, etc. However, you at least know what the upper limit of that increase will be.

The downside is that giving a vendor a deposit is no guarantee that they will be in business in two years.

Married: 07/24/2010
Sep 20, 2009 at 6:27 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
WE'VE STARTED LOOKING FOR MANY MONTHS NOW, WE HAVE EVERYTHING PLANNED, JUST HAVE START PAYING EVERYONE!!

Tiffany
Married: 06/15/2012
Sep 20, 2009 at 8:47 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I started looking this month already... just having the little things planned out helps with stress.
Sep 20, 2009 at 8:51 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
If you have the date and a certain venue you are wanting book now. 11/11/11 is a very big date for weddings.
Good luck and have fun with planning!

Married: 09/18/2010
Reviews: 5
Sep 20, 2009 at 10:01 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
its never too early! I got engaged March of 09 and I'm getting married September 18th 2010 here www.foggymountainlodge.com I had to book after I got engaged to ensure I would get what I wanted so start now!!

Married: 04/03/2010
Sep 20, 2009 at 10:09 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
it's never too early even if it's not booking things it's getting ideas of what's out there and what you want so when it does come time to book you will know what you want and won't settle for less

Tiffany
Married: 06/15/2012
Sep 21, 2009 at 7:01 AM • Flag As Inappropriate

For your venues and things like that it is fine to start planning now. If you know where you want to have it already do your best to book it. I know at least in my area places are now booking into 2011 so you should work on getting this place if it is what you really want. Also look into getting someone to marry you now as well. Some officiants are booking for 2011 as well. Its never to early to look at your options.

Katie

Wedding: 11/11/2011
Posted On: Sep 09, 2009 at 10:19 PM | Flag As InappropriateWas this helpful?
I do have the getting a man to marry me thing down thanks for you info

I think she was referring "someone to marry you" as the officiant... fyi
Login or Signup to post a comment!

Topics

Vow of Conduct