How much does an Officiant cost?
Ok, so I need an officiant, pastor, whatever, and I don't know how much it costs, and I can't really find many people in my area. I mean, if you're a member of a church, does it cost a lot to use your pastor or what?

Married: 03/14/2009
Posted On: Sep 17, 2008 at 1:58 PM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate1 like

12 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!

Married: 06/13/2009
Sep 17, 2008 at 2:12 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
It really depends on what your looking for. Are you going to get married in a church? If you are, they vary. Some don't charge anything, you are just expected to make a donation. Some churches won't allow non-members to get married there. Justice of the Peace are usually inexpensive if you aren't looking for anything too creative/in depth (as you can see from my post earlier). If you decide on a JP, you have to check into the laws. Some states require that the JP be registered in the town that youa re getting married. Other states only require that they be registered somewhere in that state. Either way, the town hall of where you are having your ceremony should have a list with names/addresses/and phone numbers.
Sep 18, 2008 at 12:09 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Typically, expect to spend between $200.00 & $400.00. The variables will be their experience & travel time/expenses.
Tip: An assistant/associate Pastor, often young & with a more flexible schedule, is often more affordable than a senior/executive Pastor. They will also, likely travel to your site of choice, rather than requiring that you be wed in the church.

Reverend Brian Cookson

Reverend Brian Cookson
Sep 18, 2008 at 10:54 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Hello,
I am a Wedding Officiant and my fees vary depending on the size of the wedding, location, formality and your budget. I work with everyone's budget. The average price range for an Officiant is $225.00 to $500.00. we are the least expensive item on the wedding venue, but you cannot get legally married with us. When you get your Marriage License some counties offer a Justice of the Peace to marry you for a small fee, in some counties it is free. Keep in mind that Wedding Officiants are Ordained Ministers that offer this service. Some Churches require specific guidelines in order to get married at their church and use their Reverend. A good place to start is to obtain your Marriage License at your county Probate Court office and then speak with your Pastor. If you do not have a Pastor please feel free to call me I am available 24/7. Good luck and enjoy the moment!

WeddingPhotosHouston.com
Sep 18, 2008 at 5:34 PM • 
This post has been flagged by the WeddingWire Community and is now hidden.

Designing Weddings

Designing Weddings
Sep 29, 2008 at 1:40 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I don't know where your wedding is being held but as a Notary in the State of Florida, I perform ceremonies for as little as $150. Depending on the travel distance, the price will go up some but not tremendously. I can customize your ceremony or offer up some standard ones to choose from. As a Notary in Florida, when provided with your marriage license, your marriage will be official and your license signed and turned in by me. Hope this helps.
Dec 05, 2008 at 12:36 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Hi, your question how much does an officiant cost is the first and most common questions I receive as an officiant.Your ceremony - It will be you and your fiance and your Officiant standing up there with all of your guests quietly watching waiting for you to say your vows. Your Officiant can make your ceremony beautiful or distroy it! Regardless if your officiant is high or lowed priced. Its their quality of work. You should be a good match with your officiant, your officiant should put together a ceremony that you approved in advance so you know what your officiant is going to say! Your officiant should speak clearly. There is nothing worse than an officiant who is long winded, drawn out & monontone to put your guests to sleep. Your officiant should be professional and dressed appropriate. Interview a few officiants find out what they offer and when you find the one that fits you and your budget you will know it. Then get it in writing!

Married: 08/15/2009
Dec 31, 2008 at 8:31 PM • Flag As Inappropriate

Married: 08/31/2012
Aug 03, 2012 at 8:01 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I'm a wedding officiant and I charge 150 for local weddings. To charge $600 is ridiculous.

James Adams, J.D.
atxweddingofficiant.com

Married: 09/23/2012
Sep 23, 2012 at 2:11 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I am a wedding officiant in Iowa, where same-sex marriage has been legal for three years! I do not understand Rev. Cookson's comments about legal marriage. I am NOT an ordained minister nor a justice of the peace, but I CAN legally marry couples in Iowa. So, I would say that around $200 would be about right.
Feb 19, 2013 at 1:30 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I like to stay a fair price, if you come to me in College Park MD it is only 100.00.
For all other weddings 295.00 for the ceremony and a 100.00 for the rehearsal (if needed) I am located in College Park MD Licensed in MD, VA and DC ...there are parts of VA and MD which are over hour and a half away I charge 395.00 for the ceremony...no other cost and that is with customized ceremony, meeting and my undivided attention through the wedding date.
Please know paying higher prices does not mean you get better services!!
Edited On: Feb 19, 2013 at 1:32 PM

Wedding: 04/09/2016
May 11, 2014 at 2:33 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Hello Christine. Is there any way to get in contact with you? I am looking for an officiant licensed in MD? I can be reached at o.leonard83@gmail.com. Thanx a bunch
Octavia
Jun 30, 2014 at 1:21 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I am a wedding officiant in Florida. I charge the couple $175. This included me hand-delivering the Marriage License on the next business day (not by mail) I also then call the couple and let them know that their license is filed and official.
Aug 28, 2014 at 8:09 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Please keep in mind that there is a big difference between a "legal officiant" who can simply show up for your ceremony, and a trained pastor whose fee can also include vital pre-marital counseling, who will take the time to get to know you, and work with you closely. I do charge $600 for this, as I have specific training in pre-marital assessment and counseling, spend 10-12 hours with the couple, at the rehearsal & wedding, and tailor-make a very personal wedding.
Login or Signup to post a comment!

Topics

Vow of Conduct