how much does an officiant cost?
i am planning out the budget and i want to know about how much one will generally cost ? it is an outdoor, back yard wedding, of a catholic to a born again christian.

Wedding: 08/23/2014
Posted On: Sep 25, 2011 at 3:20 AM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate1 like

12 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!

TheFutureMrsWade
Wedding: 04/01/2015
Sep 25, 2011 at 3:23 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
My officiant/Chaplain is $150.

Married: 2+ years ago
Reviews: 1
Sep 25, 2011 at 3:45 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Mine was $125 and she provided assistance with writing the vows, and met with us also several email messages for no charge.

Brian Cesario Photography, LLC
Sep 25, 2011 at 8:57 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
It's going to depend on where you're located. The best officiants around here (in the NYC-Metro area) are around $600 and up. In other parts of the country, they might be a little bit less. This is the one and only vendor that I really, REALLY recommend not skimping on, though. This is the person who will legally and/or spiritually unite the two of you in marriage...the whole reason for the day!

Mrs. Reese's Pieces
Married: 10/20/2012
Reviews: 10
Sep 25, 2011 at 10:47 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
They're more expensive than I thought they would be.... I'm paying $175 for mine... and that's with a discounted price for opting to not have a rehearsal (or at least without her there). She gave me samples of other ceremonies she has done so I can tell her what we like.

She was actually the least expensive one that I was able to find... others I found were $250 and above.

Married: 10/17/2015
Sep 25, 2011 at 11:05 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Mine is $200, that includes the officiant and his wife, and the rehearsal

Anonymous
Married: 1+ year ago
Sep 25, 2011 at 11:07 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I'm pretty sure I'm getting ripped off, because mine $180 (including travel costs) and all I get for that is quick vows and signing the license. They said it will last about 5 minutes. Which is fine because that's all I want, but geez.

Andrea
Married: 05/05/2012
Reviews: 6
Sep 25, 2011 at 11:14 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Jamie, I don't know anything about the cost of living where you're from, but $180 sounds like a pretty fair price. We checked around with several different officiants, and prices ranged from $200-$325 for the ceremony alone. We decided that the officiant was going to be one of the most important vendors that we could hire, and we decided to just go with the best, regardless the price. We found the perfect Rev. who will come out to our location for both the ceremony and the rehearsal. He gave me some sample scripts, but they're completly customizable. We're paying $300 for the ceremony and $100 for the rehearsal, so $400 total.

Carrie
Married: 2+ years ago
Sep 25, 2011 at 12:30 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
$600 - includes coming to rehearsal and her ceremonies are very personal. She really does put a lot of work into it.

Married: 07/04/2012
Sep 25, 2011 at 12:45 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Sep 25, 2011 at 2:14 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Angelica, you're getting married on my b'day!

Check out www.CostOfWeddings.com to get average cost for different vendors in different parts of the country.

For example, my fee for a customized ceremony (plus some extra goodies) starts at $225 and goes up the farther I have to travel. Rehearsals start at $50 and go up the farther I have to travel.
Sep 26, 2011 at 2:57 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I agree with Brian C. it really depends on what part of the country you live in. We charge around $375 plus travel and more for rehearsal...we also offer other services too, so it really depends. The costs in this area range from day of services from around $300 to personalized/customized ceremonies that are created just for each couple. That costs more, because it takes more time to create. With access to thousands of ideas, years of experience and the personal time it takes to create the perfect ceremony, I would say my charges are somewhere in the middle or about about average for my area.

Good Luck I hope you find the perfect officiant!

Rev Sandy

Married: 10/08/2011
Reviews: 5
Sep 26, 2011 at 3:02 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
We paid $175 for everything. She's been great, sending us different readings she's done in the past, working with us on unique wording, and the rehearsal is included at no charge.

forchrissake

Liberty Weddings
Nov 07, 2011 at 4:30 PM • 
This post has been flagged by WeddingWire due to a violation of the Community Guidelines and is now hidden.
Hidden On: Dec 09, 2011 at 12:12 PM

Dec 05, 2011 at 5:45 PM • 
This post has been flagged by WeddingWire due to a violation of the Community Guidelines and is now hidden.
Hidden On: Dec 09, 2011 at 12:12 PM

Login or Signup to post a comment!

Topics

Vow of Conduct