how do i politely say no children?
My two children and nephew will be apart of the wedding and will be at the reception, we simply cannot afford to allow our guests to bring their children. We also don't want to offend anyone by saying "adult reception" and then have our children there.

MrsArchie
Married: 2+ years ago
Posted On: Sep 12, 2011 at 2:37 PM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate1 like

12 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!

Brian Cesario Photography, LLC
Sep 12, 2011 at 2:38 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Honestly, Karrie, you can't worry about what "might" offend anyone else. Just put "Adult only reception" on your RSVP cards, indicate how many seats will be reserved per invitation, and leave it at that.

Married: 07/27/2012
Reviews: 8
You should say "Adult reception". The kids in the wedding are usually the only exceptions.

Reviews: 12
Just say you have limited space at the venue. And you are considered with the safety of children around adults you will be drinking

Reviews: 12
Sep 12, 2011 at 2:39 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
We put Adult Reception on our invitations, no one complaint

C2ShiningC
Reviews: 7
Sep 12, 2011 at 2:40 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Address the invite "mr. & mrs. smith" and then on the rsvp card you can state that 2 seats have been reserved in their name. If they add more seats when they send it back call them and politely advise that due to budget/space/venue constraints you are not able to accommodate children, even though you would love to :)

Married: 11/11/2011
Reviews: 5
Sep 12, 2011 at 2:45 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
On my invite it specified the number of reserved seats. "We have reserved 2 seats in your honor"

MrsArchie
Sep 12, 2011 at 3:12 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
thanks for the input! putting reserved seats on the rsvp sounds like a great idea.

Married: 05/26/2012
Sep 12, 2011 at 3:27 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I am glad you asked this. I was actually fixing to ask this exact question.

Married: 09/04/2011
Reviews: 5
Sep 12, 2011 at 3:33 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
We did seperate response cards for each person, so only the people who got a card were invited. Other then a wedding crasher, no one brought thier kids and there was no hard feelings.

Edited - I take that back the morning of my Hair dresser, who is a good friend, asked if her daughter who is 6 could just come to the service and see me walk down the isle. She loves princesses and I had the tiara. I said as long as she is quiet and well behaved but then she took her to a sitter before coming to the reception.
Edited On: Sep 12, 2011 at 3:34 PM
Sep 12, 2011 at 6:47 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
this has been a topic of many threads here recently. You make sure that the invites clearly state who is invited and prepare to stay strong when people try to muscle you into letting kids attend. It's your wedding. It should be what you want.
Sep 12, 2011 at 6:47 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
this has been a topic of many threads here recently. You make sure that the invites clearly state who is invited and prepare to stay strong when people try to muscle you into letting kids attend. It's your wedding. It should be what you want.

Married: 09/17/2011
Sep 12, 2011 at 7:43 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Are the only kids there (specifically the one that's not your own child) going to be in the ceremony? If so, it's easy - only kids are invited are in the wedding itself. :)
Login or Signup to post a comment!

Topics

Vow of Conduct