HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN???? :(
Just wanted to share something that happened to my FH Brother & his (not anymore) Fiance.
His brother (will call him B) and Fiance (F) Were happily together for 3 years. For the 1st 2 years B had a drug problem. She stuck by him through everything. The drama, the pain, humiliation, suffering ect. the last year he was pretty much sober and going to NA meeting. Their Relationship seemed so perfect. Always togther, never fighting, nothing. Well heres the drama He met someone at the NA meeting and basicaly told F that he doesn't want to be with her and that he's bored. F is super upset and hurting really bad. So FH &I took her out friday night . As soon as we left FMIL house B & NEW girl pulled up. Literaly right when we left. Now FMIL Loves F and is so upset about the whole thing. B introduced NEW girl to FMIL & she didn't say anything.

Married: 11/24/2012
Reviews: 5
Posted On: May 7, 2012 at 12:16 PM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate0 likes

13 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!

May 07, 2012 at 12:19 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I just don't understand how you go from "LOVING" someone to completely dumping her for someone else... BTW NEW girl is also in a half way house (not like there is anything wrong with getting clean) but it's like the #1 step you should focus on your self and never date someone that is trying to get clean when your getting clean your self. your setting your self up for relaps.

May 07, 2012 at 12:21 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I mean I know I wouldn't want a guy to be with me just because he feels bad for me that i stuck by his side but damn have a little respect for me when bring nother girl home right after we talk about just needing some time apart.

What do you guys think about this? I hope this never happeneds to me... :( I'm so sad for her and I really don't know what to do or tell her?

Married: 05/04/2013
May 07, 2012 at 12:22 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Maybe he associates F with his old "bad" life and associates NG with his new found sobriety? It's something psychological for sure, unless he is just a grass is greener person :/

Married: 05/04/2013
May 07, 2012 at 12:25 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
And not the same situation, but I was with a guy for 3 years (lived together, his mom was already introducing me as her daughter in law lol) and he dumps me a year after we had gotten our house.....a few days later (while i was STILL living there) got a new girlfriend. Some guys are just dogs. F will realize this was the bestthing to ever happen, she can now find someone who will truly love her

Married: 09/29/2012
May 07, 2012 at 12:26 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
My brother dated a girl that I adored for four years. I couldn't wait for them to get married. Then he was in a car accident. He was in a coma for 28 days and lived at rehab for two months after. She was great during the hospital stay, but a week after he was home she dumped him because he was "more of a patient than a boyfriend" Wow. You think you know somebody...

Married: 09/01/2012
May 07, 2012 at 12:27 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I would tell her to move on. If its meant to be it will work. I know she probably feel like she lost a good thing but God has plan for a better thing. Just tell her to keep her head up high keep God first and watch the blessings come in.

May 07, 2012 at 12:37 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
@COURTNEY
I never thought about it like that. I just feel so bad for her.
S/N: Everyone seems to be pushing F on to him. Saying "why did you do this, you should be with her, she did everything for you, you never going to find someone else like her" But I'm here saying. Why would he want to find someone else like her if he already has her. he's looking for someone different so why keep pushing him on to her?

WasSoon2BMrsSmith
Married: 2+ years ago
May 07, 2012 at 2:40 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
The thing about NA and rehab is people are just starting recovery. If they are not with someone already they are supposed to NOT get in any relationship, cause they are not ready and should be focusing on recovery.

But it happens all the time, one sick person gets together with another thinking that that person understands them, etc etc. Worst thing possible! (but see it all the time... work in a rehab centre)

Your would have been FSIL is probably better off finding someone not in recovery even though breaking up is hard to do. Addiction runs in the family as well and many times people relapse.

the best you can do is be there for her, your mother in law sould consider going to some ALANON neetings (if there are no NARANON) meeting near her, so shoudl the FSIL if not already. They are for the spouces and family to help them understand addiction and aslso to get over their co-dependancy.

May 07, 2012 at 2:44 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I know what Alanon is.
I don't think the FMIL and Ex-FSIL should go. They are not the ones with the problems. Specialy now. I believe this is his way of getting out and he's blaming it on his recovery. It's such BS to me!
Honestly I just think he wanted something new and was scared of the commitment.

Married: 09/29/2012
Reviews: 1
May 07, 2012 at 3:11 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
well..........i'll admit it, its not a secret~i sufferred with a substance abuse problem for years. It took a very long time to recover, but I did it all on my own. I almost lost everything and everyone I love. something changes in you when you get clean, you see people and things differently, and I know I wanted a complete change. I was uneasy around my normal people for several years.

your FBIL may be a dog, but please dont presume to understand 100% what he's going through.

alanon, is much more than you probably think it is. There's no downside to checking out one meeting.

Married: 10/13/2012
Reviews: 7
May 07, 2012 at 3:23 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I think the bottom line is: Sometimes things don't work out. Doesn't matter if he's in NA, AA or AAA, lol. Sometimes people stay with someone because it's the "easier" thing to do. They get along, the enjoy each other, etc. Then someone comes along that they truly have passion for....and then it's all over.

I can't begin to speculate the reasons why this happened with your FBIL, there can be a myriad of reasons. If this is what he wants, then it will be. If he later decides he made a big mistake and wants to get back with F....who know where she will be when/if that day comes.

I would just tell F to do her "mourning" of the relationship...focus on herself for a while, eat some Ben & Jerry's and then open herself to what life has to offer. Maybe it's FBIL, or maybe there is someone special just around the corner waiting to find her. =)

WasSoon2BMrsSmith
Married: 2+ years ago
May 07, 2012 at 8:34 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
really I think pretty much anyone involved with someone who is an addict should attend Alanon. Not AA, Alanon. That is the whole purpose to help ease the pain of those who have to deal with people with addictions.

Married: 08/25/2012
May 07, 2012 at 8:40 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Talking about throwing salt on a open wound! I don't understand how anyone could be so heartless.
Login or Signup to post a comment!

Topics

Vow of Conduct