Honeymoon Ideas under $1000?
I haven't even thought much of honeymoon stuff until recently cuz we thought we had everything figured out. Fh's uncle has a condo in Hawaii and offered to let us stay there free for a week. And his family said they would buy us the plane tickets for a gift... But, when it comes down to it, no one has stepped up to get us the plane tickets! lol. Not really that disappointed, its whatevs. lol. But here's the dilemma. Wedding is August 13, 2010. Fh and I are going on a missions trip to Guatemala 2 weeks later, on the 28th. I told fh I wouldn't mind just getting a nice hotel for the wedding night, and just saving a nice trip for our one year anniversary, but he's insistant on a honeymoon. Even if its short. So now, I'm trying to look into something short, like 2, 3, or 4 days, and less then $1000. We're in NJ, and we wouldn't mind driving, but no flying for us! lol. Anyone got any ideas?

Married: 08/13/2010
Reviews: 3
Posted On: May 24, 2010 at 11:17 AM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate1 like

11 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!

Bride2B
Married: 08/21/2010
May 24, 2010 at 11:20 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
why dont you guys go out to the country at a little bed and breakfast? (my advice might be completely useless as i have no idea whats around NJ, i'm in CA)

*~WiiFeY~*
Married: 2+ years ago
Reviews: 1
May 24, 2010 at 11:25 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I would say don't wait until your 1 year anniversary because I have heard SO many people say that they always said they would, but then they got busy, or money got tight, or they ended up wanting kids and saved money, or SOMETHING like that and they never ended up going..

I don't know how far Mass. is from where you are, but I know someone who went to a really nice B&B in a small town in Mass. and they said it was so gorgeous and nice. Very Gilmore Girl-esque :) Or maybe Niagra Falls? Maybe a couple nights stay at a nice hotel near there? I don't really know how much this stuff would cost, just throwing out ideas :)

May 24, 2010 at 11:34 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
i have been looking into bed and breakfasts and stuff, but i feel like theres nothing to do! its hard to find prices on some of this stuff too sometimes. the only thing weve even considered so far is the poconos. theyve got a deal right now for august, for $600 for 3 days and 2 nights, but wed need money for lunch (breakfast and dinner is included) and money for other stuff to do so itd be kinda high up there anyway... anyone else got some ideas?

Private User
May 24, 2010 at 11:36 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
What about New York City? Maybe go see a broadway show, go see all the landmarks?

Unique
Married: 02/11/2010
May 24, 2010 at 11:38 AM • 
This post has been flagged by the WeddingWire Community and is now hidden.

May 24, 2010 at 11:44 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
what about going to DC? or Boston? Or driving up to Maine? hard to say since I dont know the area well and dont know where you have already been, but it seems there ought to be some neat places in the NE you havent been :)
OR what about heading to a beach (in jersey or farthre south) and just chilling on a beach for a few days?

Unique
May 24, 2010 at 11:45 AM • 

*~WiiFeY~*
Reviews: 1
May 24, 2010 at 11:46 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Yeah, that was my next idea. Take a weekend trip to NYC. Stay in a hotel, see a show, etc. I think for FH & I, just walking around Times Square and sight seeing would be just as fun as something we'd have to PAY for..

Also, I know it sounds cheesy, but have you thought about a theme park somewhere? You could maybe stay at a B&B somewhere near a theme park and feel like kids again for a day :) I live in VA, so Busch Gardens is close by to me, so its cheap. I don't know how it is for you though. But Williamsburg is a BEAUTIFUL town with lots of sightseeing, shopping, fabulous food, etc. You could visit Busch Gardens- which is also beautiful and not necessary kid-targeted and it would be a fun place to spend the day. And there are plenty of old fashioned B&Bs and places like that to stay.

http://www.visitwilliamsburg.com/index.aspx

http://www.buschgardens.com/Bgw/Plan/ParkInfo.aspx

May 24, 2010 at 11:46 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
are there any ports within driving distance? You very likely could get a great deal on a short cruise if there is (especially Carnival).

Unique
May 24, 2010 at 11:50 AM • 

<3
May 24, 2010 at 11:51 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Yep, NYC was gonna be my suggestion :) Or like bluedaisy said, you can try to find a cheap 3 day cruise out of a near-by port. heck, that may be cheaper than NYC. I don't even want to think about how much money I spent on my 3 night trip there, WITH free airfare and one free night at the hotel lol. Baaad news.

May 24, 2010 at 11:54 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
i hadnt even thought of new york or philly... i wonder if there are any places that are close to a zoo and horseback riding! lol. to google i go!

Married: 06/12/2010
May 24, 2010 at 11:57 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
My sister and her husband backpacked in Nanetucket. She claims it was the best vacation she ever had and she went to a Sandals resort on her honeymoon.

Married: 10/09/2011
Reviews: 5
May 24, 2010 at 11:59 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
How about a B&B in the Hudson Valley for a long weekend? Tons of outdoorsy stuff to do, hiking, kayaking, etc. plus museums and antique shopping. Good for a nice, lazy weekend.

Or maybe Montreal or Toronto?
Login or Signup to post a comment!

Topics

Vow of Conduct