Honeymoon Fund Vs Gift Registry?
My fiance and I have everything we need since we've been together for so long.. Is there a nice "polite" way to ask for guest to put money in our HONEYMOON FUND instead of gifts?

Married: 09/18/2011
Reviews: 2
Posted On: Oct 27, 2009 at 5:24 PM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate1 like

37 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!

Married: 02/07/2010
Oct 27, 2009 at 5:28 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I am thinking about doing the same thing. We have everything we need really so I have no idea what to put on a registry. We cant have a honey moon due to him being in the navy and getting ready for deployment but a fund to help me afford flights to visit him when he goes to port in certain areas would be great. I still havent figured out how to word it though.

RavenK
Married: Recently Married
Oct 27, 2009 at 5:31 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
www.goingtobewed.com lets you picks what you want ie: honeymoon help, flights, house dwn pmt etc.

Married: 10/03/2009
Reviews: 6
Oct 27, 2009 at 5:32 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
We used honeyfund.com and it was great. Very reliable and easy to use, and even made us a thank you note checklist.
Aussie: on ourwishingwell.com you can create your own items to register for, so you could create a "hubbyflight" fund or whatever you choose. :)

FMS, the barefoot wife!
Married: 2+ years ago
Reviews: 10
Oct 27, 2009 at 5:34 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Treat your Honeymoon fund like a registry, there are companies online that allow you to make a honeymoon registry. Does your travel company were you are booking your honeymoon have such a thing? If not, there are other companies online like honeyfund.com and honeymoonwishes.com, that allow you to create items for your guests to contribute too, like "One night stay in the Honeymoon suite" and you pick an amount and how many 'donations' of that amount to pay for it, theres also "Couples Massage" "Airplane Tickets" "Dinner on the beach" etc. and you can create your own ofcourse, it would be like any other registry so all you have to do is put the website info on your wedding website, but not on your invites or invite inserts, you put your wedding website on those, and let the parents and bridal party know where youre registered and what you need, they always get asked, and then guests spread the word..

RavenK
Married: Recently Married
Oct 27, 2009 at 5:36 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
er.. n/m that's the wrong site I was thinking of www.ourwishingwell.com we are in the same situation and just letting ppl know word of mouth and maybe putting the site on our save-the-dates

Click2GoTravel

Click2GoTravel.com
Nov 02, 2009 at 11:40 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Absolutely! Go to my site: Click2GoTravel.com and check us out. You can register for your honeymoon. You can choose all your activities, you can pick your romantic destination. You will receive a free wedding website, announcement cards to your guests. This is way easier than having guests lug / ship gifts, they simply make payment onine to your honeymoon choice and you receive notification of what they hvae given you. Email me Janine@Click2GoTravel.com if you need any help!

Married: 10/16/2010
Reviews: 5
Nov 02, 2009 at 12:05 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Ok I just found a saying that we can all change up! I so needed this advice and many thanks to pwerner for bringing this up.

"If you were thinking of giving a gift, to help us on our way.
A gift of cash towards our house, would really make our day.
However, if you prefer to purchase a gift, feel free to surprise us in your own way."

I was thinking just changing the word house to honeymoon!
What do you think?

Married: 09/18/2011
Reviews: 2
Nov 02, 2009 at 12:21 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I like it!!! I like it alot!!! I just didn't want to have people be offended if I ask for $$ instead.. thanks so much for all the feedback!

Married: 10/16/2010
Nov 02, 2009 at 12:25 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Analy- did they take a percent out for using their company? Anything extra would be great to know. I was talking to my mom about it and she was like I don't know if that is acceptable or how people will feel about it. grr alittle frustrating.

The Boudoir Diaries

The Boudoir Diaries
Nov 02, 2009 at 4:08 PM • 
This post has been flagged by the WeddingWire Community and is now hidden.

Married: 10/03/2009
Reviews: 9
Nov 02, 2009 at 4:10 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
We did both a gift registry & Honeymoon fund & then my Aunt & Uncle paid for the whole honeymoon as a wedding & shower present!!!! Which was awesome god i love them!!!

Former MDLS now Mrs. K
Married: 10/24/2010
Reviews: 7
Nov 02, 2009 at 4:17 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Wonderful information ladies, thank you so much! I also need registries like these because both my fiancee and I have two households and so we have everything that we need! A honeymoon registry etc. is great!

Fernnie
Married: 06/12/2010
Nov 02, 2009 at 4:56 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
This is how I have mine worded.

"More than just kisses so far we've shared,
Our home has been made with Love and Care,
Most things we need we've already got,
And in our home we can't fit a lot!
A wishing well we thought would be great,
(But only if you wish to participate),
A gift of money is placed in the well,
Then make a wish .... but shhh don't tell!
Once we've replaced the old with the new,
We can look back and say it was thanks to you!
And in return for your kindness, we're sure
That one day soon you will get what you wished for."

Married: 10/04/2008
Nov 02, 2009 at 5:30 PM • 

Married: 03/13/2010
Nov 02, 2009 at 5:39 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Meaghan--As grown adults, we have already bought all the things that you normally get when you move out of your parent's house. I haven't lived at home in 10 years and my fiance has been out for 12. We have really nice stuff and already bought a house. What the hell else are they supposed to get us? I have talked to some of my family and this was actually my stepdad's idea to setup the honeymoon fund. If my guests think it a great idea, then how is it tacky?

Former MDLS now Mrs. K
Married: 10/24/2010
Nov 02, 2009 at 6:06 PM • 

Rev. Carleen Burns

With This Ring
Nov 02, 2009 at 11:18 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Well, I'm all for having a lovely honeymoon, but one that you can afford; not one that someone else paid for. It is never OK to ask for cash, no matter how cute the wording. I was not always an ordained clergy and had a wild youth. I had a child before marrying and when I did finally marry another guy 12 years later, we had already lived together and both had households on our own before that. We still did not "have everything" and even after 17 years of marriage now, do not "have everything we need". Linens (sheets, bath and kitchen towels) constantly wear out, we love doing home improvements (guess what...Lowes has gift cards) there are SO many things you could register for that you haven't even considered. Isn't there always something you wanted but it was a splurge that you never would buy yourself, like a print for your walls, a cappucino maker, a margarita mixer, etc. Why ask the services to help with this anyway? You want to save $? They take a fee for handling your cash gifts.

Married: 05/15/2009
Nov 02, 2009 at 11:41 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
LMAO Meahgan, did you just call a honeymoon a "glorified sex fest"?!?! that's a new one to me, very funny

Married: 2+ years ago
Reviews: 6
Nov 02, 2009 at 11:50 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
My FI and I are doing a registry like at Home Depot and such plus we will also have a "honeyfun".
I cant believe she said "sex fest" I only thinks it funny because its stupid. Have fun on your "sex fest", hahaha.

Bayridgeqt
Married: 07/02/2010
Nov 02, 2009 at 11:52 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Login or Signup to post a comment!

Topics

Vow of Conduct