Head Table Seating
I was debating with my mom today where the dates of the bridal party sits. Are they supposed to be at the head table also. If not where are they supposed to sit. Most of them are not going to know anyone else with the execption of the best man and 1 bridesmaid which are dating.

Married: 12/05/2009
Reviews: 4
Posted On: May 8, 2009 at 6:49 PM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate1 like

13 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!

Married: 06/19/2009
May 08, 2009 at 6:53 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
How about not having a traditonal head table and just having a sweetheart table for you and your FH. This way there is no worries about where anyone else should sit. I am doing it that way for my wedding. If you think about it how often do you find at weddings only the Bride and Groom at such a big table, while everyone else is off to other table that their dates or families are at. Just a thought for you! Good Luck!!!

Married: 07/25/2009
May 08, 2009 at 9:31 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
We are just sitting the bridal party at the head table and sitting the dates with chatty people that we know are very friendly and get along with most people. After all everyone will be getting up and moving around and dancing after dinner. We thought of doing a Sweethearts table however my FH doesn't like the way it looks. You could look up Weddings on youtube.com to see if you like the look of a Sweethearts table or a table with the whole wedding party. There are so many wedding to look at. Good Luck!!!!

Married: 06/26/2010
Reviews: 13
May 08, 2009 at 10:27 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I have actually seen it done several ways:
* Bridal party only at the head table, dates sitting together or with other people they know.
* Bridal party at the head table with their dates
* Bridal party sitting at regular tables with dates, bride/groom at sweetheart table.
* Bride/Groom at sweetheart table and bridal party at 2 round tables behing them with their dates.

I really don't think there is a wrong way to do it.

May 09, 2009 at 10:41 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Yeah i dont really like the sweetheart table just not for us. but i feel like if we had the dates sitting with them at the head table it would be too many people, but thats what id prefer to do.

Married: 03/20/2010
Reviews: 6
May 09, 2009 at 2:59 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I agree. Things should be done to allow everyone to feel comfortable and have fun. If they brought someone as a date the date should feel included with dinner. At the end of the night no one is going to care where people sat! They will just remember a good time.

Married: 05/27/2010
Reviews: 7
May 10, 2009 at 2:36 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Traditonally its suppose to start with the bride and groom in the middle and than the best man on the grooms side than the MOH on the brides side and than the bridemaids and grooms on the other side of the best man and MOH. I HATED THIS IDEA! My fh's best man (not by his choice) is his brother. His brother is a hand full!!! He has spit crab in my wine he is loud and someone that i have a hard time handling. Anyways the bestman would be sitting very close to me. A little TOO CLOSE! so we have decided to sit our MOH on my side next to me and my MOH Husband (who is a GM) on my FH side. Than their girls (our flower girls) On each side of them. I really think it is up to you and your preference. My FH's Family and My Family are mad about this but the two girls will be 2 and 3 when we get married and they love their uncle matty and auntie amber so they will be able to sit close to us if not next to us! Good luck!

CelticChick831
Married: 10/17/2009
May 11, 2009 at 11:22 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I liked what my girlfriend did so much I plan on doing the same. She had round tables that fit 6 people, so it was her and her husband, her MOH and her boyfriend, His best man and his wife and daughter. Then at the 6 tables surrounding them the sad the rest of their bridal party with their dates. their parents also had a seperate table mixed in there as well. and like one of the previous posters said, once dinner is over, everyone is going to get up and move around so the seating isnt that big of a deal at that point.

May 11, 2009 at 12:55 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I originally like the idea of having the moh & best man and their dates at head table and then seating the rest of the bridal party at a different table. But my only conern is my younger sister would end up being the only bridesmaid not at the head table andknowing her she might find something to say to cause a problem. My oldest sister is my moh and the best mans fiance is my other bridesmaid so they would both be at the head table then. Too much trouble trying to make everyone happy ..ah

Married: 06/06/2009
Reviews: 6
May 11, 2009 at 3:03 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
When I went to my future brother-in-law's wedding, it was the first time I had met anyone at the event besides my FH. He was best man and was seated at the head table. I was seated with people I didn't know. That, combined with being excluded from pictures (we were living together and engaged at the time), being told there would be nowhere for me to get dressed (I would be running errands with my FH to prepare for the wedding the day of, and would not be allowed to change at the church with the other girls since I didn't know them), made me feel completely unwelcome.

I say, seat people with their dates. You want people to be comfortable, feel welcome, and enjoy themselves. They will do that best if they are allowed to sit with the people that they came with.

BasketsbyCortney

Gift Baskets by Cortney
May 11, 2009 at 6:06 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
You're never going to be able to make everyone happy. When we had our wedding I had my wedding party, my mom, and my Gpa & Gma sit at the head table with me. And then I had the bridal parties dates sit at the same table near by. And it is not like they will be away from them all night, besides the toast and dinner, the bridal party will most likely be on the dance floor.

missyadi
Married: 05/22/2009
May 11, 2009 at 9:24 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I WENT TO A WEDDING WITH MY FH AND HE WS IN THE BRIDAL PARTY. HE SAT AT THE HEAD TABLE AND I SAT AT A REG TABLE. I HONESTYL FELT LIKE I WAS THERE BY MYSELF FOR THE BEGINNING OF THE WEDDING. THEREFORE, I AM DOING A SWEETHEART TABLE AND TWO OVAL TABLES THAT FIT 15 ON EACH SIDE. ONE WILL BE FOR THE BRIDESMAIDS AND THEIR GUEST ALONG WITH MY MOM AND DAD. THE OTHER WILL BE FOR HIS GROOMSMEN AND THEIR GUEST ALONG WITH HIS MOM AND DAD. IT'LL ALL WORKED OUT.. TRY IT!

GOOD LUCK
May 12, 2009 at 12:34 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I wrote a blog post all about seating :) There are a lot of different options. One head table (long banquet style or round), multiple "head tables" so attendants can sit with guests, or a sweetheart table just for the two of you! I would also your venue what set-up options they offer. See more of my answer here:

http://katiering.blogspot.com/2009/04/wedding-tip-16-bridal-party-seating.html

Shell
Married: 06/27/2009
Reviews: 1
May 13, 2009 at 3:08 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
im having a sweetheart table seeing how most of our bridal party is married, we dont want to seperate them from the spouse. you can do a head table but expect that after diner they wont be seated anymore. my sister (MOH) told me that if i had a head table she wouldnt sit with us anyways. shes a bit of a... well you know. but a sweetheart table it more romantic anyways :]
Login or Signup to post a comment!

Topics

Vow of Conduct