Gifts for people throwing my shower??
I really need your help!! I read on a thread on WW that you're suppose to get a gift for the people who threw your shower?? SERIOUSLY?! I already totally splurged on my bridesmaids gifts & they're the ones who threw the shower. Do I REALLY need to get them a separate gift?! I know that when I helped throw both of my FSIL's baby showers awhile back (these are two of the same girls who helped throw MY wedding shower) they only sent thank you cards... no gift. I thought this was appropriate. What are your thoughts??

Married: 07/03/2010
Reviews: 6
Posted On: Jun 24, 2010 at 1:29 PM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate1 like

14 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!

Married: 08/13/2010
Jun 24, 2010 at 1:31 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Well I am giving my BM's their gifts to be worn at rehearsal (tshirt) and wedding (necklace) which is going into a personalized bag. This bag will be given to them at the wedding.

Jun 24, 2010 at 1:32 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I have gotten my BMs several gifts that will be given at the rehearsal, but the thread that I read said that I had to get them something BESIDES that for throwing the shower. I kinda thought it was ridiculous!

Private User
Married: 2+ years ago
Reviews: 2
Jun 24, 2010 at 1:34 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I've never heard of this, and was not planning on getting anybody gifts. The only gifts given will be to me at my shower and maybe party favors (that is hope to the girls throwing my shower though). lol

Married: 08/22/2010
Reviews: 9
Jun 24, 2010 at 1:36 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I have no idea, were you reading my thread?? Because I'm at a total loss but what I'm going to do is get the totes with emergency things in them leading up to the wedding (2 months!!) & then they can use it later ie. lunch bag, shopping bag, etc.
Then at the rehearsal dinner I'll probably get them something smaller, not sure what though.

Jun 24, 2010 at 1:37 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Yeah, I had read your thread and was thinking that people were saying that its typical to get them a gift outside of their bridesmaids gifts. So you're actually just spreading out your bridesmaid gifts?

Jun 24, 2010 at 1:37 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
If you're not supposed to get them anything for throwing you a shower I'd really like to know now since
1. I'm short on cash
2. I can save up for something bigger later on

Michelle
Married: 09/17/2010
Reviews: 7
Jun 24, 2010 at 1:41 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I am erring on the side of caution and plan to give something small - likely a potted gerber daisy - to the hosts of my showers, since they are giving their time and their home to the event.

Michelle
Reviews: 7
Jun 24, 2010 at 1:45 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I think it depends on the curcumstances. My MOH is planning one of my showers but her mother, (my aunt), is hosting the event at her house. Therefore I want to take a gift to them. The other shower is for FS's side of the family and thrown by his sister and sister-in-law - also not BMs - so it seems right to give them a gift too. If you are having one shower, hosted by BMs only, then I suppose their final thank you gift given at the rehearsal would actually cover the shower too.

Jun 24, 2010 at 1:51 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Yup, exactly. The totes I'm looking at (see my other thread):
http://www.weddingwire.com/wedding-forums/should-click-the-button/4c3b8eb3ff8079c0.html

are somewhat on the pricier side some may say but others my say it's decent. I would be getting 4 & the price would be ~$20ish/tote (includes 15% discount). But like I say, the seller says... they're reusable, washable & they can be used for a bunch of things. Personally i think they look cuter than a basic canvas tote but that's JMO.
For their actual MatronOH, Bridesmaid & MOB gifts this is what I'm thinking:
MatronOH: a picture of her & I from a trip to San Fransisco we went on YEARS ago & jewelry
BMs: not sure yet even though they're my sisters, lol
My mom: a then & now frame (baby picture on 1 side, bridal picture on the other)... look at picture.

Married: 09/26/2010
Jun 24, 2010 at 2:07 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
so in my case, i was planning on giving them their gifts at the shower instead of rehearsal bc it is jewelry for the wedding (dont want them to go get something) and they have some wedding related things like "bridesmaid" undies :)....is is ok to give their gifts at the shower instead of rehearsal? and then as far as my shower, fh gave moh money for shower and she bought whatever was needs...the bm's are doing nothing but bring a dish...do I just get my MOH a gift for the shower seperate from her other stuff and not the bm's since they didnt do anything..or just get them all something small?

He-Gives-Me-Butterflyz
Jun 24, 2010 at 2:11 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Not sure if this helps... But I found this on another site.

"Q: My mother's friend is throwing my bridal shower. Should I bring a hostess gift?
A: A nice, handwritten thank-you note would be perfectly acceptable, but many brides also choose to show their gratitude with a small gift. Some ideas: a flower arrangement, a box of homemade treats, or a lunch out on the town."

Jun 24, 2010 at 2:21 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
hmmmm, good ideas. i do have another problem that is super confusing for me:
1. my shower is being held at my parent's house
2. i think my matronOH is setting everything up (not sure though)
thus I don't know who the hostess is. So frustrating when you don't know the etiquette of something.

Asian~Wife
Married: 09/25/2010
Jun 24, 2010 at 2:33 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Kinda random question... does anyone know how long it takes to receive totes from the Knot? I see they are on sale, and my bridal shower is next weekend. Based on this and some other threads, I think I am going to get my mom and sister (hosts) a tote each and fill it with some emergency supplies to bring the day of the wedding. It's useful and I wanted to do something like that but not for their gifts I give at the rehearsal dinner.

Maybe at least I could rush deliver them? Ugh. wish I had thought of this sooner..

just married
Married: 2+ years ago
Reviews: 5
Jun 24, 2010 at 2:48 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Personally I think that it's possible to go overboard on gifting when a lovely card will do just fine. I know one person who was raving about all her gifts to her wedding party, parents, grandparents, friends, etc, she pretty much gave a give to everyone for going to her wedding.
Login or Signup to post a comment!

Topics

Vow of Conduct