A get together for the bridal party with the bride and groom.
Has anyone heard or had a party with your bridal party 6 months before the wedding? My FH wanted to have a get together with our bridal party to get to know each other and discuss the wedding and get ideas for the ceremony and reception.

Married: 01/31/2009
Reviews: 5
Posted On: Jun 26, 2008 at 11:08 AM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate1 like

6 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!

Married: 07/06/2007
Reviews: 5
Jun 26, 2008 at 11:38 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Regardless if its common or not its a great idea. But, I wouldn't just concentrate only on wedding stuff, the get together should be celebratory as well.

Married: 04/18/2009
Reviews: 7
Jun 26, 2008 at 11:53 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
i havent heard of it but i think its a great idea!!

i wouldnt talk about the wedding a ton though...as far as ideas for the ceremony and reception that should really be on the bride and groom...you could run thoughts you have by them.

but make it a fun get together, a big bbq or something :)

Married: 05/14/2011
Jun 26, 2008 at 7:57 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I think it sounds like a great idea. From personal experience of being a bridesmaid if you don't know the guy you are walking with until the rehearsal dinner it can get pretty awkward. I think the entire bridal party may have more fun if they have a chance to get to know each other beforehand.

Married: 06/13/2008
Reviews: 6
Jun 27, 2008 at 2:13 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
yes, this is a fun idea, I only had a bridemaids luncheon, you can have alot of fun creating the event, i made mine a mexican siesta, and I personally hand made the invitations, I went to Michael, bought the cards and some crystal beads and went on line and found bridesmaids charaters and put something really nice toghether and printed them on the card, it was alot fun and my girls loved and I got them as gifts t-shirts with their wedding titles on them, i.e maid of honor, bridesmaid, etc. you do alot with your imagination, have fun!!!!

ownermom

Foreverxxii.com
Jun 30, 2008 at 9:09 PM • 
This post has been flagged by the WeddingWire Community and is now hidden.
Jul 02, 2008 at 8:36 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
It's a great idea to help break the ice like Sara had said. I was also a bridesmaid and it is awkward not knowing the other people in the bridal party.

I think it's cool that you guys are including the bridal party in some ideas for your ceremony and reception. How thoughtful!

Enjoy yourselves and congrats!!

Daisylu
Jul 24, 2008 at 9:24 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
If you are looking for bridal party gifts (the t-shirts etc. that one of the other brides mentioned) check out my wedding wire rated site: www.daisylu.com

I offer great gifts for the bridesmaids, flowergirls, and jewelry too! If you have any questions you can email me at daisylu@ymail.com

Good luck with your planning and have fun!

www.daisylu.com
Login or Signup to post a comment!

Topics

Vow of Conduct