gay weddings
i was just wondering if anyone knows of a preacher near texarkana who does gay ceremonys?

Married: 04/16/2012
Posted On: Jan 9, 2012 at 12:03 AM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate1 like

3 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!

Married: 08/20/2011
Reviews: 3
Jan 09, 2012 at 1:45 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Isn't Texarkana on the Texas/Arkansas border? If so, I know Texas does not legally recognize gay marriage. I could be wrong, but I didn't think Arkansas did either.

If you want a legal ceremony, you will need to travel to a state that allows legal marriage. If you're just looking to do a commitment ceremony, you'll just have to call around to officiants and see who would be willing to do it and who won't.
Jan 09, 2012 at 11:23 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I'd start with's listings.

And of course, wedding wire's own,

The trick will be to find someone who really believes in marriage equality and not be like one officiant I talked with about doing a same-sex wedding said, 'Their money's green ain't it?'

Yea... I will NEVER refer her for ANY marriage - vendors should care about their clients and actually believe in what they're doing. (Sorry for the mini-rant, but some vendors really frustrate the hell out of me with regards to their behavior).

2d Bride
Married: 10/06/2009
Reviews: 12
Jan 09, 2012 at 11:41 AM • Flag As Inappropriate also has a vendor list.

You could also look for a Unitarian Universalist church in your area. They tend to be quite open to same-sex couples, and often are willing to perform weddings even if you are not a member.

Does it need to be a preacher? If you're not having a legal marriage, you could pick anyone to be your officiant, without needing to worry about whether the person was licensed to perform weddings in your area.

Married: 03/19/2013
Mar 19, 2013 at 9:03 PM • 
This post has been flagged by the WeddingWire Community and is now hidden.
Login or Signup to post a comment!

Vow of Conduct