gay weddings
i was just wondering if anyone knows of a preacher near texarkana who does gay ceremonys?

Married: 04/16/2012
Posted On: Jan 9, 2012 at 12:03 AM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate1 like

3 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!

Meghan
Married: 08/20/2011
Reviews: 3
Jan 09, 2012 at 1:45 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Isn't Texarkana on the Texas/Arkansas border? If so, I know Texas does not legally recognize gay marriage. I could be wrong, but I didn't think Arkansas did either.

If you want a legal ceremony, you will need to travel to a state that allows legal marriage. If you're just looking to do a commitment ceremony, you'll just have to call around to officiants and see who would be willing to do it and who won't.
Jan 09, 2012 at 11:23 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I'd start with whiteknot.org's listings.
http://whiteknot.org/businesses.html

And of course, wedding wire's own, http://www.gayweddings.com/

The trick will be to find someone who really believes in marriage equality and not be like one officiant I talked with about doing a same-sex wedding said, 'Their money's green ain't it?'

Yea... I will NEVER refer her for ANY marriage - vendors should care about their clients and actually believe in what they're doing. (Sorry for the mini-rant, but some vendors really frustrate the hell out of me with regards to their behavior).

2d Bride ®
Married: 10/06/2009
Reviews: 12
Jan 09, 2012 at 11:41 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
SoYoureEngaged.com also has a vendor list.

You could also look for a Unitarian Universalist church in your area. They tend to be quite open to same-sex couples, and often are willing to perform weddings even if you are not a member.

Does it need to be a preacher? If you're not having a legal marriage, you could pick anyone to be your officiant, without needing to worry about whether the person was licensed to perform weddings in your area.

URRelationships
Married: 03/19/2013
Mar 19, 2013 at 9:03 PM • 
This post has been flagged by the WeddingWire Community and is now hidden.
Login or Signup to post a comment!

Topics

Vow of Conduct