Feeling a little insecure about how I'm going to look on the big day
Hey, so yeah.. I'm new here, and I'm a plus size bride, fat bride, you name it. I already have the venue, dj, and JP booked for the big day. I bought the dress back in 2009 and have yet to get it altered, and I'm working on losing some extra pounds before I do the final alterations on my wedding gown. I've always had insecurity issues, and I'm just really afraid that I might look hideous on my wedding day, which I don't want to happen. I went to a bridal show with FSIL a few weeks ago and not only were the vendors rude, they kept asking her if she was the bride, so my self-esteem took a nose dive after that. If anyone has any advice they would love to share, it's more than appreciated. Thanks for reading.

Married: 08/07/2010
Posted On: Feb 8, 2010 at 7:24 PM • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate1 like

12 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!

Married: 2+ years ago
Reviews: 2
Feb 08, 2010 at 7:30 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I have learned from going to expos some of those ppl can be rude to anyone, they really just will bug you to get your business and if you don't show 100% interest they don't care about you at all. & as for your wedding dress, honey you will look beautiful in anything you wear to your FH. I know insecurity is not cureable over night or with "the dress" but the smile on his face once he sees you walk down the aisle will make all the insecurities and worries worth it. as I was told as a little girl from my dad, all girls are beautiful no matter their color, shape or size. =)

Married: 10/09/2010
Reviews: 5
Feb 08, 2010 at 7:30 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Aw Christina...don't be so hard on yourself..Every bride glows on her day and I am sure no one will have anything negative to say on your big day!

Married: 06/16/2012
Reviews: 6
Feb 08, 2010 at 7:31 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
MANY cultures have a very sane expression: "meat is for the man, bones are for the dogs". You are NORMAL - you are BEAUTIFUL. and on your wedding day you will look SPECTACULAR - in a gorgeous gown, with your makeup done, and most importantly, you will look vibrant and deliriously happy because the man who loves you will be waiting there for you. As an equally self-conscious bride, I hear you and I feel like you do: but I PROMISE YOU no matter how "fat" you think you are, you will look MORE than amazing on your beautiful day.

Married: 12/19/2010
Reviews: 5
Feb 08, 2010 at 7:32 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I am sure you will look wonderful on your big day... And if anyone would be stupid enough to be mean then your fh would probably beat them up for you anyway.

Feb 08, 2010 at 7:36 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Thanks for the advice guys :) maybe I'm being a little too hard on myself and should loosen up a li

ladylee
Married: 06/05/2010
Feb 08, 2010 at 7:36 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Hi Christina. No matter what you look like on the outside, you have to first love yourself on the inside. You have a man who loves you so much he wants to spend the rest of his life with you. So you must have a few redeeming qualities. ;) If you don't like your appearance, do something about it. Sounds easier said than done right? It is. But how bad do you want it? Lots of the ladies on here (myself included) are dieting and exercising trying to look our best on our wedding day. We welcome you into our community and we'll be here to support you and encourage you and give you tips. There's a group of us that are doing Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shed. We are doing a myriad of diets. I'm currently doing the south beach diet, which i HIGHLY recommend. So get settled in. Welcome to WW! *hug*

Feb 08, 2010 at 7:37 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
gah.. it cut off my post. like I was saying, Thanks for the advice guys, maybe I am being a little too hard on myself and should loosen up a little. I know deep down inside I'm going to look gorgeous :)

Reviews: 2
Feb 08, 2010 at 7:42 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
there you go Christina, thats the way to think! =)
p.s. you are not alone, it doesn't matter what size a person is, everyone is going to have insecurities and anxiety on their wedding day!

JJ
Reviews: 6
Feb 08, 2010 at 7:45 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Oh Christina, don't be so hard on yourself! I'm plus size, especially in my culture. You can highlight your best assets! There are so many other things besides the body to look at, right?! There is the dress itself! There is cleavage! ;p There is the face, the hair, the gorgeous accessories. Really get some great earrings and necklace. Splurge on professonal make up and hair!!! :) and the perfect manicure.
This wedding day is all about you and your FH. So make sure your photographer captures that love in a photo session with just the two of you, could be the first look, or later after the ceremony. It's important to focus on that and cherish the love you have for each other, and not what rude, negative people say or what narrow-minded people think. Congratulations!

Married: 06/12/2010
Reviews: 1
Feb 08, 2010 at 7:53 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
christina you are going to be just what your man has dreamed of because its you. so be happy with your self he picked you now and forever. so girl put that white dress and hold your head high strut your stuf down the aisle to your groom . welcome to ww

Feb 08, 2010 at 7:56 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
thanks! you guys are so nice and helpful, I'm glad to be here :)

Married: 08/20/2010
Feb 08, 2010 at 8:39 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I first want to say that plus size is BEAUTIFUL!! The average size American woman is a size 14 baby...so you are either below average (smaller) of above average (more to love)! I did my dissertation on weight and American culture. I have a whole one woman show that I wrote and directed about this issue. I REALLY want you to know that you don't HAVE to put anything else on to "distract" from ur body & beauty and yes, you Can be plus size and beautiful! I can go on and on but I just want you to change ur outlook on life.....U have a "real" women’s body and that’s ok and there is no need to apologize 4 it. Now if ur not comfortable it's ok to do something that would help u lose but no matter if u lose the weight or not just know that u r ABOVE AVERAGE BABY :)
Login or Signup to post a comment!

Topics

Vow of Conduct