Father/Daughter dance for a deceased father.
It's only been a year but my father was randomly murdered, he won't be there but I plan on taking a photo of him. My mother is walking down my isle but I would like to have a father/daughter dance with my beloved Grandfather, the only Grandfather I have left. I have looked to this Grandfather as a hero in my life but long for the dance with my father. please suggestions for this. I'm having a simple Church Wedding with a reception afterward, simple but full of uniqueness and special memories. thank you in advance. this happens to be the hardest part for me to plan. But I am having a picture there of him and I will remember him and acknoledge him at the ceremonie

Married: 09/12/2009
Posted On: Jul 16, 2009 at 12:47 AM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate1 like

13 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!

Married: 09/10/2010
Reviews: 2
Jul 16, 2009 at 1:31 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I think a dance with your grandfather is a great day to commemorate your father. It will be hard but just think about how happy he would be if he were there. You could also make a small coment or speech before hand to honor your fathers memory. For the dance tho I might suggest to pick a song that you can relate to with your grandfather and not you father. That way it is a speacial moment for him as well and not just like he is a stand in for your father.

Married: 09/12/2009
Jul 16, 2009 at 1:33 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I totally agree, but with dad being gone in such ahorrible way so fresh in my mind, especially since he knew he was gonna be walking me down the isle, do you think there would be a place in the ceremony or reception for a song just for him?

Married: 09/10/2010
Jul 16, 2009 at 1:37 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I think that would be perfect. Maybe during the reception you could do a short slide show of pictures of him and you together to honor him. Then maybe just make it a grandfather-granddaughter dance and not think of it as father daughter. This way both of the men who are important in your life can be honored in separate ways.

Happy Crew Productions - DJ Company Specializing in Fun!
Jul 16, 2009 at 1:37 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I am so sorry about the loss of your father. I'm sure that he is looking down from heaven with so much love and pride in his heart for you. Here are a few song suggestions that may be fitting for your memorial dance:

Daddy - Kendall Payne
Dance With My Father - Luther Vandross
Remember Me This Way - Jordan Hill
Thank You - Ashanti
There You'll Be - Faith Hill
To Where You Are - Josh Groban
Unforgettable - Nat King Cole & Natalie Cole

May your wedding day be filled with special memories, joy and laughter!

Sincerely,

Happy Crew Productions - DJ Company Specializing in Fun!
http://www.happy-crew.com

lauren10
Married: 2+ years ago
Reviews: 4
Jul 16, 2009 at 7:06 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Hi there, I'm so sorry for your loss. I think it's a wonderful idea for you to dance with your Grandfather. My other thought was maybe if you had a brother that would be nice too since your dad is part of him...but don't know if you have a brother!
Jul 16, 2009 at 8:38 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I really like Albert and Susie's suggestion "Dance With My Father." I also have a playlist of "In Memory Of Songs" that you can listen to here:
http://www.squawkboxsound.com/In_Memory_Of.html
Jul 16, 2009 at 9:35 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I too am very sorry to hear about the loss of your father. I love the idea of dancing with your grandfather, but I would suggest that you dedicate that song to you father. Have your DJ say something like this: "Ladies and Gentleman, at this time we would like to invite our Bride and her Grandfather out to the dance floor, to dance to a very beautiful song, that our bride has dedicated to her father who has passed on. As a DJ, this is how I would do it, but be prepared for the tears.

Best Wishes!

Joe
Westchester Entertainment

Married: 10/24/2009
Jul 16, 2009 at 11:03 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I'm so sorry to hear about your dad's tragic passing. I love the idea of you dancing with your grandfather, and possibly dedicating that song to your father as Joe suggested. I know one way I feel connected with my dad (he passed when I was 16) is through music. What about using songs that remind you of him scattered throughout the ceremony & reception. You don't necessarily have to dedicate the songs to him, or let anyone know why you're using them - but they can be almost like a private moment with him. Best of luck to you.

Married: 11/14/2010
Mar 10, 2010 at 11:52 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I feel your pain. I just recently lost my father to kidney cancer last month Matt and I are getting married november 14th 2010. I want to find a song I can sing in remembance of my dad does anyone have any idea?

Married: 11/14/2010
Mar 10, 2010 at 11:53 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
His Birthday was today he would have been 57 years old

Married: 04/21/2012
Jul 20, 2011 at 6:39 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
My father died of cancer two years ago and it's been so hard planning this wedding without him. I'm really pushing our wedding to be soon because I want my grandfather (his father) to walk me down the aisle. I just don't think I could possibly do this without someone to walk me or dance with me in my father's place.

Married: 12/17/2011
Nov 13, 2011 at 3:58 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I am getting married in December and I am not sure if I should have the father/daughter dance. We are having a small wedding with close friends and family. My mom wants me to have it, but I think I will break down in tears knowing that my dad would not be there. Should I have it or not??

Bevin
Married: 1+ year ago
Aug 01, 2012 at 8:54 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I too am so sorry for your loss. My father passed away a year and a half ago. We are going to skip over the parent dances. My grandfathers are no longer with us--and on the other side, my fiance did not grow up here and is not comfortable with the mother-son dance. Still trying to figure out the deal with walking down the aisle--alone? With fiance? With an uncle? I think if my mom walked me we would be way too emotional.
Login or Signup to post a comment!

Topics

Vow of Conduct