Engagement photos: should we do them?
Hey everyone! Originally we thought it would be a good idea to save money by not getting engagement photos taken, but now I am thinking I might want them. My FH and I are not very photogenic and don't have many pictures together so it might be nice, or we might look terrible haha. Does anyone have any advise? Or is anyone in the same position?

Married: 06/09/2012
Posted On: Oct 29, 2011 at 8:21 AM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate1 like

16 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!

Married: 10/15/2011
Reviews: 7
Oct 29, 2011 at 8:24 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Absolutely do them. You get to know your photographer and they get to know you. You can use pictures on your wedding day for various purposes. It helps you relax in front of the camera, especially if you think you're not photogenic. It's great to have some pro pictures together. We did them, and I'm thrilled we did.

Married: 06/24/2011
Reviews: 12
Oct 29, 2011 at 8:25 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Do them! I wish we had...we had only one or two photos together before the wedding and now all we have are wedding photos! I wish we had a few really good non-wedding photos to put up in the house (or use on a Christmas card!)

Private User
Married: 06/22/2013
Oct 29, 2011 at 8:29 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
You should get pictures done! I absolutely love looking at my engagement pictures. It was hard for us to relax at first, but our photographer was easy going and made us feel so comfortable. The pictures are so much better then when my fiancee and I try to take pictures of ourselves. I love using the pictures for my website and I am putting them in my guestbook as well.

http://happilykihara.blogspot.com

Oct 29, 2011 at 9:37 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Ok I keep flip flopping between wanting them and not wanting them, right now I WANT THEM! Mrs S you make a good point, my photographer doesn't come with an engagement session package, but I might ask her if she will do one for us! Thank you for all your input :)

Married: 2+ years ago
Reviews: 5
Oct 29, 2011 at 9:44 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I loved doing ours and can't wait to get our pics back! It was so much fun plus it was a great time to get to know our photographer. We're also using them to put in a photobook to set up next to our guest book so people can look at them.

Married: 04/21/2012
Reviews: 4
Oct 29, 2011 at 9:48 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
You should have them done. It also helps you to see your photographers work on you. And you can develop a comfort level and he will know how to work with you to get good pictures on your wedding day.

Wedding: 09/02/2017
Oct 29, 2011 at 10:35 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
We decided not to for a few reasons-

1) We DO have a handful of good pictures of the both of us.
2) We are going to do table number pictures with his photographer friend and those can also serve as engagement photos in a pinch if needed.
3) It was something we could cut out of the budget and use the money elsewhere (his friend isnt charging us.)

Married: 11/11/2011
Reviews: 6
Oct 29, 2011 at 10:39 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I would say get them but you don't have to spend a whole lot of money on them. I am glad we did even though ours aren't excellent. It's just nice to have some pics of the two of us.

Married: 10/15/2011
Reviews: 7
Oct 29, 2011 at 11:10 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
That would just be another argument for doing them. In case you don't like them, you still have time to choose another photographer. IMHO it's less damage if you lose a little money on e-pics, rather than figure out too late you don't like your photographer, or your wedding pictures.

Married: 08/11/2012
Oct 29, 2011 at 3:42 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
We are also having them done to have a nice contrast with our wedding photos. Since we are getting married in the summer, it'll be nice outdoor, sunny, warm pics. Our e-pics will be with the snow around. Plus our wedding pics are in my hometown and our e-pics are where we live now (FH's hometown). It's only costing us between $75-100, which I think is a great deal.

Nay-Nay
Married: 05/24/2014
Oct 29, 2011 at 3:57 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
me and my FH didn't do them because basically on our cruise we took so many pictures so we have plenty of pictures of us....but if you don't have a lot of you two then I would say go for it! I wouldn't worry about them being terrible because your photography should definitely make sure that any shot they take of you two is beautiful. On our cruise the photographers made sure every shot of us came out perfect and if it didn't they just took another one and we ended up with like 60 or so pictures hehehe

Married: 03/12/2012
Reviews: 1
Oct 29, 2011 at 5:40 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
We're doing them as a kind of test run for the wedding photos. That way we can see if she understands what we want and if her final product will live up to our expectations.
Edited On: Oct 29, 2011 at 5:42 PM

Married: 05/05/2012
Oct 29, 2011 at 5:45 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Just got ours done today!!! Woo Hoo! Its so nice to have pics of us that are a notch above a snapshot. We dressed up just a little bit and went to a local park with a lovely garden. We had them taken by a friend who just happens to dabble in photography. As soon as she edits and sends me a link to download them, you will see them. I agree with the girls above. You need something between a quick click at a family event and the formality of wedding photos. I can see a lot of uses for them. Hope this helps, and can't wait to share.

Married: 05/05/2012
Oct 29, 2011 at 5:46 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Just got ours done today!!! Woo Hoo! Its so nice to have pics of us that are a notch above a snapshot. We dressed up just a little bit and went to a local park with a lovely garden. We had them taken by a friend who just happens to dabble in photography. As soon as she edits and sends me a link to download them, you will see them. I agree with the girls above. You need something between a quick click at a family event and the formality of wedding photos. I can see a lot of uses for them. Hope this helps, and can't wait to share.

Married: 12/10/2011
Oct 29, 2011 at 5:56 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
We recently did ours (waited a bit so we could capture the fall leaves) and just picked them out today!! Ours was only $150 which includes $100 worth of prints and a CD with the copyright to print our own..very reasonable!

Oct 29, 2011 at 6:22 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Everyone's responses are very helpful. I just talked my FH into letting us get them done! so we'll see how it goes. We love winter and that is when we got engaged, but we are getting married in the summer. It might be nice to have formal pictures of us in wintry scenes plus our summer wedding pics
Login or Signup to post a comment!

Topics

Vow of Conduct