dress for wedding for 60-ish woman
Hi all,
I am getting married for the second time to a wonderful and loving man. I am trying to decide what type of dress to wear that he will remember the rest of his life! I am in good shape, size 8 and 38D on top. I can't believe but I am really nervous. Thanks to all, Deby

Married: 09/28/2013
Posted On: Aug 30, 2013 at 9:31 AM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate0 likes

6 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!

Married: 04/06/2014
Reviews: 1
Aug 30, 2013 at 10:41 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I personally think any type of slip dress would be beautiful, stay away from the puffy ballroom type dresses. This might be a helpful link http://www.beautilicious40bride.co.uk/
Aug 30, 2013 at 10:51 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Deby, at the top of this page is a link to "Dresses" -- you can get some ideas there.

You probably know what styles & colors look best on you every day. Go to a bridal salon and try on dresses. Maybe, instead of a "Disney princess" dress, a Mother of the Bride or bridesmaid dress in white, ivory, or champagne would look best. Ask your saleslady for suggestions -- you're not the oldest bride to ever get married, believe me!

Also, check out evening wear at department stores such as Macy's, Dillards, etc. You may find the perfect dress there.

I officiate a lot of beach weddings, as well as second, third, fourth weddings. My non-traditional brides frequently find their dresses in stores that are not bridal salons.

I bought a 1940s gown at a vintage clothing shop.

When you find the gown that makes you feel wonderful, you'll know that's the one!

HisMrs
Married: 09/29/2012
Reviews: 5
Aug 30, 2013 at 10:54 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Great advice Nancy! (I now have nothing to add ;) hehee)

OH yes I do ... Congratulations Deby!
Edited On: Aug 30, 2013 at 10:54 AM

MJ
Married: 06/01/2013
Aug 30, 2013 at 10:59 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
What kind of dresses do you like long, short, tea, ball gown. Sheath?

Aug 30, 2013 at 11:19 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Thank you to all, especially to Love is Real. Great link that you provided. Now I could use some help on the honeymoon night ensemble.
Deby

Aug 30, 2013 at 1:33 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Long dress for this occasion, I couldn't find anything short that I felt was appropriate.
Deby
Login or Signup to post a comment!

Topics

Vow of Conduct