Do you take your engagement ring off when you go to bed?...
Or when you take a shower or clean the house???? I do! It seems like i'm the only one. I'm afraid I'm gonna poke my eye or my FS's eye in a sleep, or damage it somehow when I clean. Do you think I'm too paranoid?

Mrs.Hacker
Married: 08/21/2010
Reviews: 6
Posted On: Jun 10, 2010 at 4:16 PM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate1 like

63 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!

~Bride 8/28/10~
Married: 2+ years ago
Jun 10, 2010 at 4:19 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I take mine off when I shower but that is the only time that I do. I don't think you are too paranoid. But you must move around alot when you sleep if you are afraid you are going to poke you of FS's eye while sleeping! lol :-)

Married: 10/31/2012
Jun 10, 2010 at 4:19 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I take it off when I take a shower or wash my hands. I just don't like the feeling of water under my ring, it feels squishy... I was hesitant at first about sleeping with such a rock on my hand and I have actually poked myself in the eye a couple of times. But as I sleep on my left side, my hand stays under the pillow so my eye is safe. Cleaning, I leave it on. I wore it to work at the vet clinic and it has been licked and everything else by some doggies so I'm not concerned about it getting dirty but I do clean it regularly.

Jun 10, 2010 at 4:20 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Nope, you're not paranoid. I take mine off when I shower and go to bed. When I sleep, my fingers swell, so it usually gets uncomfortably tight during the night. I wouldn't worry about poking his eye out, unless you thrash around in bed... (: If I'm doing a lot of heavy dish washing, I take mine off. Just keep it away from the sink and remember to put it back on! (:

Mrs.Hacker
Jun 10, 2010 at 4:20 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
lol, I don't think I move around a lot, haha. At least I don't get complains from my FS.

Married: 07/10/2010
Reviews: 8
Jun 10, 2010 at 4:21 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I'm going to have to take my rings off when I run. When I ran in the Susan G. Komen in DC on Sunday, I had my ring on and my fingers were really, really swollen.

Private User
Jun 10, 2010 at 4:23 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I take my ring off when I shower, wash dishes, do laundry and sleep. I always put it in the same spot, in it's own box, that way I don't worry where I left it. I made a mistake of doing laundry a few times, and having it bang against things. :( So no, I don't think you are paranoid.

Jun 10, 2010 at 4:25 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I never take it off lol. I just feel naked without it.

Mrs.Hacker
Jun 10, 2010 at 4:26 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Oh good! So actually many of you take it off, that's good to hear

Private User
digiscrappy, yeah that happened to me the other day too when I went running. Going to leave it off next time.

Married: 10/09/2011
Reviews: 5
I take my ring off to shower, to do dishes and to put on lotion, but that's about it. I did take it off a few weeks ago when I went kayaking and when I went to put it back on, I couldn't because my fingers were too swollen! But I'd rather have to wait for my fingers to go down than to have my ring feel too tight. Or worse, fall into the Hudson River!

Married: 05/19/2010
I usually take my rings off when I shower. Sometimes I take it off before I go to be if I have eaten something with high sodium that will make my fingers swell up.

Married: 07/31/2010
Jun 10, 2010 at 4:27 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
You are not alone...I take mines off when I shower, sleep, laundry, clean, and when putting lotion on. Oh I also take it off when I bathe our 1yr old daughter :)

just married
Jun 10, 2010 at 4:27 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
You're not alone Future Mrs. N. I take mine off when I garden, clean, cook (where my hands get really messy), sleep, shower, clean animal cages, do Reiki (energy healing) on people, etc.

It's a little loose due to losing weight but I'm getting it resized when we order our wedding bands.

Married: 08/14/2010
Jun 10, 2010 at 4:28 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I don't take mine off when I sleep but I do when I shower... sometimes the soap and stuff can make it all dirty... I take it off when I'm doing heavy duty cleaning too... that is if I'm not wearing gloves...

Married: 10/30/2010
Reviews: 13
Jun 10, 2010 at 4:29 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I was instructed by my jeweler not to sleep in it because the prongs can catch threads and hair etc. I return it to its box every night. Depending on what I cook or bake I ususally end up taking it off.

Married: 06/16/2012
Jun 10, 2010 at 4:29 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I dont take mine off at all. Im too paranoid to take it off (I have been none to misplace rings and i dont want to misplace this or forget to put it on in my morning rush!)

Married: 04/02/2011
Reviews: 1
Jun 10, 2010 at 4:30 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I can't take mines off FH told me if I do then I should never put it back on because he won't wear his anymore

Mrs. Jacques
Married: 07/10/2010
Jun 10, 2010 at 4:32 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I NEVER take mine off for anything!

Mrs.Hacker
Jun 10, 2010 at 4:32 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Celena H. - this is harsh :)

Married: 06/25/2011
Reviews: 9
Jun 10, 2010 at 4:34 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I take mine of when I go to bed, I've already caught my FS with it a few times, poor guy. I wriggle a lot in my sleep. So now it goes on my bedside table till I get up.
I leave it on in the shower and when I work out, but take it off when I have a bath, clean the house, or bake.
Login or Signup to post a comment!

Topics

Vow of Conduct