describe your wedding style/personality
I am trying to figure out how to tell vendors about my vision for my wedding and it is hard to put into words. I know I'm not a diva/glam bride, or a Martha Stewart-perfect bride. I am non-traditional but conservative. Simple but classy. I want a DIY feel without doing it myself...hahaha!

I don't know, what type are you?

Married: 02/20/2011
Reviews: 8
Posted On: Jul 23, 2010 at 5:49 PM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate1 like

21 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!
«12»

Married: 08/12/2011
Reviews: 11
Jul 23, 2010 at 5:52 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I have a hard time putting into words too, but I'm learning that showing pictures helps a million times more than any words can. I would save pictures and create a notebook to show instead of trying to come up with the right words to capture your style. :) :)

Married: 09/25/2010
Reviews: 5
Jul 23, 2010 at 5:58 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I'm non-traditional, laid back, but then at the same time have some classic things I want incorporated. Really, the wedding is a reflection of who FS and I are and our take on how we view things

Married: 02/05/2011
Jul 23, 2010 at 6:18 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I simply said "think Armani, not Versace." Modern, timeless, elegant just like Grace Kelly. I found it easy to put into words because I wasn't straying from who we are and what we like. You know your style and it's best to stay with that, rather than doing things you like, but aren't really you. You want people to walk into the wedding thinking "OMG this is totally them."

Mrs.
Married: 09/11/2010
Jul 23, 2010 at 6:20 PM • 
This post has been flagged by the WeddingWire Community and is now hidden.

Jul 23, 2010 at 6:26 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I think the problem is that we don't have any style..haha! You should have seen how long it took us to pick out a couch. We have this house that we just bought, and it looks hardly lived in cause we don't know how to decorate it. I guess our style is--blank.

Julia
Married: 11/19/2011
Reviews: 6
Jul 23, 2010 at 6:27 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I'm a very guest-centered bride. My priorities are good food and entertainment so that I have great memories with all the people I know and love. I love things that are "budget chic"--they LOOK expensive but actually aren't. I want my event to be fun, colorful, modern, elegant and a tad whimsical.

We're major foodies...so our venue is a restaurant. =D

Married: 02/05/2011
Jul 23, 2010 at 6:27 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Or you style is minimalist. Which isn't a bad thing at all.

Married: 05/08/2011
Reviews: 9
Jul 23, 2010 at 6:29 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
vintage/shabby chic/rustic/southern all mixed into one :)

Jul 23, 2010 at 6:49 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
ooh, shabby chic... that may be me! I really like rustic too. Maybe that's why I'm so drawn to the mason jar idea

Married: 02/29/2012
Jul 23, 2010 at 6:54 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Valerie maybe you don't have a particular style some people don't. You just know what you like and know what you don't like. I agree with the notebook/binder print those pics out girl and just pick things you think are great and all your little ideas and then show everyone so you don't have to keep explaining your self.

Miya
Married: 12/29/2011
Jul 23, 2010 at 6:59 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Valerie, I think I know what you mean... You're not too foofoo and about lacy crap and over-the-top look? My wedding style is very much against the typical/traditional Filipino wedding that's "engrande" and fancy. I'd describe it maybe as "modern chic". Idk if that's right but you can take a peek at my Inspiration board to see what kind of style I want in my wedding...

Nan-sayy
Married: 11/13/2010
Reviews: 3
Jul 23, 2010 at 8:24 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Maybe look at color schemes and other wedding pictures see what you like you guys sound pretty relaxed so it seems like you'd be easy to work with anyway. We wanted something romantic but when we decided to go theme it was much easier we just tell them we need phantom of the opera and they get it even when looking for a dress it made it easier.Take a look at pictures and create and inspiration board Im sure you'll find something to help you decide

Married: 1+ year ago
Jul 23, 2010 at 8:40 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Diana Ross and Billy D Williams in Mahogany Chic !LOL
I have always loved that movie since I was a little girl and Billy D was going to be my husband !!!
To sum it up"Modern Vintage Sprinkled with Diva Dust"LOL!

sarah
Married: 08/28/2010
Jul 23, 2010 at 9:18 PM • 
This post has been flagged by the WeddingWire Community and is now hidden.

STB Mrs Van Blargan
Married: 2+ years ago
Jul 23, 2010 at 10:43 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
well Ive always described myself as simple and thats how I like things. So, Im going to go with simple and sweet.

JJ
Married: 2+ years ago
Reviews: 6
Jul 24, 2010 at 1:58 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Modern romantic casual chic, with a bit of bling and personal whimsy.
I guess that's everything.
Heavily concentrated on food,open bar, and family.

2d Bride ®
Married: 10/06/2009
Reviews: 10
Jul 24, 2010 at 2:09 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
It's kind of hard to define our style. I mean, once we announced that, "The blessing over the bread will be given by the ex-husband of one of the brides," we realized that it would be "unique" and "us," whatever else we did. ;-)

Perhaps "simple but classy" describes us, too. Basically, we didn't care about wowing people, but we did care about making them feel welcome and part of our lives.

Married: 08/14/2010
Jul 24, 2010 at 3:03 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
glamour, elegant, formal. I am definitely more of a diva, into fancy lighting and decor and stuff.

Married: 10/30/2010
Jul 24, 2010 at 2:16 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Simple yet elegant is our style

JessSquared
Married: 07/10/2010
Reviews: 1
Jul 24, 2010 at 2:25 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Non-traditional, laid back and very Key West-y. I kept it simple and bright.
Login or Signup to post a comment!
«12»

Topics

Vow of Conduct