Couples Shower
My fiance is a very hands-on groom and would like to have a co-ed shower as opposed to the traditional bridal shower. Does anyone have any good ideas for a theme or location. I have done some research online but everything lends to a more female oriented occasion.

ALC
Married: 2+ years ago
Reviews: 3
Posted On: Jul 5, 2011 at 6:18 PM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate1 like

11 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!

FMS, the barefoot wife!
Reviews: 10
Jul 05, 2011 at 6:24 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Who's hosting? Or is this party hosted by the two of you? If someone else is hosting, I would talk to them about what they can afford to do, which will then factor into what location is usable, what kind of shower with what kind of spread, etc.

Married: 08/12/2011
Reviews: 8
Jul 05, 2011 at 6:24 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Well my shower is not co-ed, but I think the theme could be universal. My them is ladies night out. I'm having an evening cocktail party with finger foods and drinks. I think this could be easily transformed into a co-ed shower is the ladies part was omitted.

Married: 09/24/2011
Reviews: 9
Jul 05, 2011 at 8:53 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Our shower is going to be coed also. We're doing a honeymoon registry, so we want to have our shower at Bahama Breeze and incorporate a tropical theme to match the registry. For a normal shower though, I would suggest just doing a regular restaurant. One with a private party area. Good luck!

Patricia
Jul 06, 2011 at 7:40 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Our shower will be co-ed as well, we're having it at a banquet hall, my MOH is friend with the owner, I believe she's getting a very good deal (if not free), we're doing games, finger food and drinks, like Edwina stated the theme could be universal, I've been to plenty of co-ed shower and what usually makes them work best is the games, have lots of games that involved both sex and no one will feel left out.

J&R
Reviews: 6
Jul 06, 2011 at 7:48 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
As long as everything isn't pink, lace, and ruffles, then I think you're safe. If anyone throws us a shower, I hope it's for both of us!

C
Married: 11/05/2011
Reviews: 9
Jul 06, 2011 at 9:24 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
We are having a shower for both of us and we are not doing a theme...we are just having it in a restraunt with a private room. There will only be 3 guys in the room (my FH, his dad and brother). The games will incorporate him as well.

ALC
Reviews: 3
Jul 06, 2011 at 11:04 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Thank you all for the advice. Couples showers seem to be a popular thing now-a-days. My MOH and a Bridesmaid are throwing so I want to keep it inexpensive - poor girls they already have to spend so much. The idea of pool party/BBQ at my FIL home has been thrown out but some have mentioned it is tacky to have it at a family members????

FMS, the barefoot wife!
Reviews: 10
Jul 06, 2011 at 11:42 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Not tacky at all to have it at a family members, that's one of the most common places to have them!

Patricia
Jul 06, 2011 at 12:17 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I agree with FMS, family members place is the most common location for showers, if any one open their homes to us to do ours, that's what we'll do, nothing wrong with that at all.

Married: 07/23/2011
Reviews: 12
Jul 06, 2011 at 12:22 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I had a bridal shower and 2 couples showers....the bridal shower just for me and then his side as well as my side each wanted to throw their own couples shower. His side did a during the day BBQ, my family did a luau at night time!

Married: 09/08/2012
Jul 06, 2011 at 1:18 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I like the idea of a couple's shower! Why can't the guy be there as well to enjoy the moment with friends and to open presents as well. I went to my first shower a few weeks ago and it was a lot fun and I felt kinda of sad that the groom and his buddies were not there to experience it as well.
Login or Signup to post a comment!

Topics

Vow of Conduct