Convertible BM Dresses? Advice please!
Does anyone have any reviews of/experience with Henkaa dresses? They look AWESOME but they're based in Toronto and I am in Missouri, and I was hoping for a little insight before buying one to try out or having my girls buy them...

www.henkaa.com

Married: 07/21/2012
Reviews: 5
Edited On: Dec 21, 2011 at 5:06 PM
Posted On: Dec 14, 2011 at 9:28 PM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate1 like

23 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!
«12»

Married: 05/24/2012
Dec 14, 2011 at 9:49 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I am also looking at convertible dresses. Did not know they come in long length. Am excited now. But have not tried them so i can not help you out.

Hayley C™
Married: 2+ years ago
Reviews: 1
Dec 14, 2011 at 9:52 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Convertible dresses.....

there are 2 ladies in this discussion that were getting them... you can click on their profile and send them a message asking where they ordered their dresses from and how they feel about them
www.weddingwire.com/wedding-forums/convertible-dress/2fb7a410264896d2.html

Mr. Bigglesworth talks about dresses here...
http://www.weddingwire.com/wedding-forums/help/3165c9f224f3b2f3.html

couple more links if you want to compare prices...
http://www.weddingwire.com/wedding-forums/help-with-bridesmaids-dresses/1ce766ae76364530.html

I think there is one other current bride that is doing a convertible dress... maybe change your title to "Convertible dresses" to get more attention.... maybe check out the other sites in those links, unless you are dead set on the one you posted.

Welcome to WW Sarah ~
~ Congrats ~ Good Luck~

Dec 14, 2011 at 9:53 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
They look awesome and are just what I am wanting for my bridesmaids so that they can each be comfortable in whatever style they choose.. Just don't know much about them and they said I can order one to try and then see if they like it, but it's a 15% restocking fee and they don't pay for shipping back to Canada so I would like some advice before I try..

Married: 07/07/2012
Dec 15, 2011 at 2:46 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I've made 2 of these dresses myself for fun, and I really do like them a lot. I can never seem to get all of the different styles to work, but that is probably partly because I made the straps too short.

I am seriously considering using these dresses for my wedding(whether I make it myself or order them) they are easy for anyone of any size to wear and you don't have to worry as much about dress fitting issues.

rita
Married: 02/11/2012
Dec 15, 2011 at 1:44 PM • 
This post has been flagged by the WeddingWire Community and is now hidden.

Dec 15, 2011 at 1:50 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I really like the idea of these dresses, but it's hard to make a choice like BM's dresses without seeing them in person. I'm concerned that the stretch cotton a lot of them are made out of, won't hang attractively on girls with extra curves.

Like a lot of girls, I have BM's of very different shapes and sizes, so it's a pain to try and find something flattering to all of them.

Dec 15, 2011 at 4:59 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Thanks for the advice! All of my girls are pretty well the same size and from the pictures on the website it looks flattering on pretty much anyone...

If anyone else has advice/experience with them, please keep it coming!

Married: 05/05/2012
Dec 15, 2011 at 5:04 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Wow! Those look awesome! Rachel, you've made these before? Can you tell me what pattern you used? I would love to make one for a reception dress. They look pretty easy to make.

Hayley C™
Married: 2+ years ago
Dec 16, 2011 at 12:09 PM • Flag As Inappropriate

Rachele
Wedding: 07/26/2015
Dec 16, 2011 at 12:30 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Rita.... I agree with you I plan on getting one for my personal closet myself
and I think my BMs would love this cause it has so many looks and they can have it forever vs a dress they will only wear once and they have my color yay

Married: 04/14/2012
Dec 16, 2011 at 1:50 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I am using them!! the Henkaa convertible dress :-) short for my BMs, long for the MOH. All my bridesmaids received them already and they live in NYC, Puerto Rico, and Miami. The received within 2 weeks and have tried them on and they love it!! I haven't seen them, just in pics that they have sent.

They have tried several styles and most of them know which one they want to wear already. Even I want to get one of those for the Rehearsal dinner .

Married: 04/14/2012
Dec 16, 2011 at 1:50 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I am using them!! the Henkaa convertible dress :-) short for my BMs, long for the MOH. All my bridesmaids received them already and they live in NYC, Puerto Rico, and Miami. The received within 2 weeks and have tried them on and they love it!! I haven't seen them, just in pics that they have sent.

They have tried several styles and most of them know which one they want to wear already. Even I want to get one of those for the Rehearsal dinner .

The Polka Dot Queen ©
Married: 07/14/2012
Reviews: 2
Dec 16, 2011 at 2:12 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I'm not using the Henkaa ones, but polka dot convertibles from Muse Bridal. I was in love with the convertible dresses, first saw them from Two Birds One Stone but they were so pricey. Then I google imaged them and found the polka dot ones and I knew they were perfect! I actually think that's where the whole polka dot theme came from...

Dec 16, 2011 at 3:39 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Thank you all for all the advice! Dena- if you wouldn't mind letting me know what you think of them once you see them that would be awesome :)

I think the Henkaa dresses sound great for what I'm planning :)

Married: 07/07/2012
Dec 16, 2011 at 11:30 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
They really are very easy to make if you can sew at all. I used the "rostitchery" tutorial online. If you google infinity dress or convertible dress tutorial it will probably be one of the first to come up.

Princess Bride
Wedding: [Private]
Dec 16, 2011 at 11:35 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
These are awesome. I would love to have more info. Not for my BMS for me. lol I could totally see myself wearing something like this. This is so cool

Married: 06/09/2012
Dec 17, 2011 at 1:57 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Those are beautiful! Love the idea!

Future Mrs.
Married: 1+ year ago
Dec 17, 2011 at 2:51 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I bought my bridesmaids' dresses from Victoria's Secret. They've got a small little collection of convertable dresses, but it was perfect for my girls' sizes and color!

Dec 17, 2011 at 3:05 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I ordered a swatch of the navy blue...hoping it comes soon!!

mini
Wedding: 11/13/2014
Dec 19, 2011 at 9:23 PM • 
This post has been flagged by the WeddingWire Community and is now hidden.
Login or Signup to post a comment!
«12»

Topics

Vow of Conduct