Contemporary Christian music..
Have any of you been to a wedding ceremony where they had contemp. Christian music during? If so how did it go over? Thanks!

FMC
Married: 06/02/2012
Reviews: 13
Posted On: Jan 3, 2012 at 6:33 PM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate1 like

16 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!

Private User
Married: 2+ years ago
Jan 03, 2012 at 7:45 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Contemporary christian music was sang /played for the special events and dances during my brothers wedding and reception in august. To be honest I don't think most people even noticed. I thought the music was beautiful. I'm not sure how it would work out if Contemporary christian was the only music played during the reception. I have a feeling most people would not dance and it could get boring.

Gee O. aka Happily Wifed Up
Married: 06/24/2012
Reviews: 2
Jan 03, 2012 at 7:47 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
havent been to any wedding but definitely adding contemp Christian music to my song lists too

Wedding: 09/02/2017
Jan 03, 2012 at 7:51 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
FH and I's first song was Relient K's Must Have Something Right. It willl be played during the reception at some point but he thought having it in the ceremony was too much (I am trying to talk him into using at as a processional).

Married: 07/24/2010
Jan 03, 2012 at 8:19 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
The song during our ceremony was "When God Made You" by Newsong, and we also had "Somewhere in the Middle" by Casting Crowns and "Everywhere I Go" by KJ-52 and TobyMac.

FMC
Jan 03, 2012 at 8:54 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I was referring to the ceremony. I wanted the song by Hillside United Came to my rescue..and also you for me by johnny gill is considered by some to be contemporary christian.

Ashley
Married: 12/03/2011
Reviews: 5
Jan 03, 2012 at 10:57 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I've been to tons of weddings where it was sang/played - mostly played live though. My brother and his friends are pretty talented musicians, so they get asked to play pretty often. I don't recall if any of them were for the processional...I think most of them were a part of the ceremony (after a reading, unity candle lighting). They all seemed to go over very nicely, particularly if it reflected the couple's beliefs/lives.

Ashley
Married: 12/03/2011
Jan 03, 2012 at 10:57 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Ugh...double post...
Edited On: Jan 03, 2012 at 10:57 PM
Jan 04, 2012 at 1:42 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
If it's what you want - listen to it and think about that moment. Are they a good fit? If so, use it.

If not... then don't.

We've done lots of ceremonies with contemporary Christian music as well as contemporary and other music within them. Each helps to create a 'tone' for the ceremony that worked in each and every case.

Just remember, whatever you set the tone with in music is likely what they will be expecting for the rest of the ceremony. Which means if you use contemporary music, you might want to be a little more contemporary in your other ceremony choices.

That one chick who's married to that one dude
Married: 2+ years ago
Jan 04, 2012 at 1:44 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I have a very religious family so I never noticed any difference going to one who uses Christian music and ones that don't. It really how the song sounds and the flow of the wedding. If it works, it should be fine.

Married: 10/01/2011
Reviews: 3
Jan 04, 2012 at 1:44 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I like it for worship-type songs but I hate it when they try to turn a song about God into a love song.

Jan 05, 2012 at 4:00 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I have to agree with you Pumpkin's Sunshine. That is a huge issue for me. As for the music, we're having both and my sister and brother are the founders and senior pastors of my church. I'm walking in on Not Gonna Fall by Dorian Holley and I'm having both christian and R&B playing at the reception. It's really up to the person, it's your day. Just have fun!

FMC
Jan 05, 2012 at 4:58 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Pumpkin and Kimberly could you give me an example? thanks

Jan 05, 2012 at 5:22 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
For example if someone took "Breathe" and tried to make it about their SO.

"I am desperate for you" "I'm lost without you"

They sound like phrases that you would say about your FH but in that song they are about God/Jesus. It sounds ridiculous but I have seen people want to use songs like this for their first dance. Or like people who use Jeff Buckley's "Hallelujah" as a first dance song.

FMC
Jan 05, 2012 at 5:27 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Oh ok, just wondering. I'm walking to you for me by Johnny Gill and have had people tell us that its considered contemporary christian.

Jan 05, 2012 at 5:35 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Looking at the lyrics that is clearly a love song. Most likely they are confused by the absense of the word "God" in most popular love songs.

FMC
Jan 05, 2012 at 5:36 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
That's what I felt. It fits us perfectly but people claim it has to be a Christian song because it mentions God.
Login or Signup to post a comment!

Topics

Vow of Conduct