Ceremony & Reception at the same venue - invite wording help needed!
We finally found our invites (I love VP!!), and now I'm working on the wording. The only thing I am stuck on is the reception info. Our venue is huge (several acres, most of it used) and the ceremony will be in one spot with the reception in another. I am at a total loss as to how to word the reception info. I don't want to leave it at "reception to follow" and have everyone asking me where it will be, and that's about all I know.

Married: 07/28/2012
Reviews: 5
Posted On: Jan 25, 2012 at 9:20 PM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate1 like

23 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!
«12»

Married: 04/07/2012
Jan 25, 2012 at 9:24 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
This is what my step-mom suggested for me. Include a nicely printed sheet that has additional info such as directions to site or whatever you need to do it to fit your need. I also strongly suggest a wedding website if you have not done so-its a great place to include all kinds of info that may not be easily or appropriatly included in the invitations (registry info, directions etc.)

Jan 25, 2012 at 9:26 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
We have our wedding site through WW, and all of that will be there, and probably on an inclosure card. I just know that people often put the reception location on the bottom of the invite, and the wording has me stumped.

Married: 09/10/2011
Reviews: 6
Jan 25, 2012 at 9:30 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Maybe for the "older" generation that doesn't use to internet you could put something like "reception to immediately follow at the ____ end of the venue" or something so that they know it's at the same location just not the exact same spot the ceremony is taking place?

Married: 10/13/2012
Reviews: 7
Jan 25, 2012 at 9:36 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
You could just put reception to follow on the ACTUAL invite, then put the reception info on the reception card. Our maybe I'm not understanding your dilemma.

Jan 25, 2012 at 9:54 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I've seen invites where it was done as Mr and Mrs X request the pleasure of your company at the marriage of their daughter *brides name* to *grooms name*, month/day, year, time, venue A address, venue A name, reception to follow at venue B address, venue B name. That's where I'm lost on mine. Both are at the same place.

Hayley C™
Married: 2+ years ago
Reviews: 1
Jan 25, 2012 at 9:58 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
But they are in different areas, correct?

Is there a name for the area where the reception is? Does the building have a name?

And cocktails, do they immediately follow the ceremony? Or the guests have time to walk around and see the place?

Edited On: Jan 25, 2012 at 10:00 PM

Jan 25, 2012 at 9:59 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Yes, and if the foliage isn't very thick you could probably see one from the other. and not an official one really. It's usually called the town hall, the town pub or the main pub.

Hayley C™
Jan 25, 2012 at 9:59 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Oh, And do you want parents names on there?
or "and their family"

Do you want something kinda renaissance fair like?

Hayley C™
Jan 25, 2012 at 10:01 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
and the foliage area? Does it have a title? or do you have a cute title you want to give it?

Jan 25, 2012 at 10:02 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Oh, I've got the rest already
Hear Ye! Hear Ye!
The Lord & Lady John N Williams
Request the pleasure of your company
at the marriage of their daughter
Lady Carrie Aidan Williams
to
Lord John William Cowgell
date
time
address
reception to follow

The cocktail hour will actually be an hour and a half, and if people want to wander some then, they are welcome to.

Jan 25, 2012 at 10:03 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
It's the Fairy Forest. And we are using The Village of Briarwood, Scotland as the location name (which is the village name for faire) instead of Kentucky Highland Renaissance Festival.

Hayley C™
Jan 25, 2012 at 10:25 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Hear Ye! Hear Ye!

The Lord & Lady John N Williams
request the honour of thy presence
at the marriage of their daughter
Lady Carrie Aidan Williams
to
Sir John William Cowgell
son of Lord & Lady "Dad" Cowgell
on the twenty-eigth of August in the year
of our Lord two thousand twelve
in the Fairy Forest at four o'clock
You may wander the lands with your tankards of ale
immediately after the ceremony.
Feasting and merriment will begin at
six o'clock in the Town Hall

The Village of Briarwood, Scotland
123 Street Name
City, State

Medieval/Renaissance style attire is recommended but not required.
Attire available for those that wish to change.

Edited On: Jan 25, 2012 at 10:25 PM

Jan 25, 2012 at 11:00 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I love you, Hayley! That is awesome! Thank you so much!

Hayley C™
Jan 25, 2012 at 11:05 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Your welcome. I messed with the beginning of yours a little too... added a little more "renaissance" to it.

If you think "Town Hall" will confuse them that they are leaving to go to an actual town hall... use the "Main Pub" instead.

I know you were saying you had outfits for them to change into... I wasn't sure if you wanted that On the invite or if you were planning to add an insert for that info.
Also, you said the location was difficult to find? Maybe even a phone number incase people get lost? Again, insert if you are doing one.. or on the invite?

Edited On: Jan 25, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Jan 25, 2012 at 11:36 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
We are doing an insert with directions, garb info and any other random bits that might be needed. I just put the wording together on the invite pattern we found on VP with our names in the roundhand font and everything else in Magic Spell. It looks amazing!

Hayley C™
Jan 25, 2012 at 11:39 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Pictures .....Pictures!!!!

I'm dying to know which design you picked!

Jan 25, 2012 at 11:48 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I'm at a friend's place right now on his boyfriend's computer, so I'll have to post when I get home. It's in shades of brown with Celtic knot work.

Jan 25, 2012 at 11:51 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Oh, and if anyone knows of any VP wedding product discounts right now, please share. I know I've received a couple of emails with 25% off offers, but I'm not sure how old they are.

Married: 10/27/2012
Reviews: 6
Jan 25, 2012 at 11:57 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
OOOOOO I love the wording and how you've got everything coming together.

Hayley C™
Jan 26, 2012 at 12:20 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
You can do the groupon.

Check this discussion for a breakdown on prices.
http://www.weddingwire.com/wedding-forums/new-vistaprint-groupon/37fe8b6610cc6442.html

it seems to be better than 50% off invites (I posted that total at the bottom of my breakdown to show the comparison)

If you don't need the linen finish, that will save you some money to use towards the postcards as inserts (or the real inserts that match)

Pretty pretty!!!

They have the knot in their image library, but I don't see the rope. And I'm not sure if you will be able to get the exact same background color unless you use the matching inserts. (unless you don't mind going a little lighter on the insert and using the knot as an accent)

Edited On: Jan 26, 2012 at 12:21 AM
Login or Signup to post a comment!
«12»

Topics

Vow of Conduct