Catholic Wedding invitation wording (Nuptial Mass version)
Hi everyone,

Is anyone having a full Catholic mass? Have you worded your invitations yet? I'm getting ready to start working with someone on etsy to do my invitations and I suddenly went into panic mode! LOL

Asian~Wife
Married: 09/25/2010
Reviews: 6
Posted On: May 27, 2010 at 2:32 PM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate1 like

14 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!

Jessica
Married: 04/14/2011
May 27, 2010 at 2:49 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Hi Erica! We're having a full catholic mass but are far from invitations - what are your worries though? I'll do my best to help!

Asian~Wife
May 27, 2010 at 3:33 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Hi Jessica!

I don't know, I think I am nervous of writing the wrong thing and not portraying the fact that it's going to be a mass (long ceremony!) to the guests. I know I'm supposed to include "nuptial mass" in it but it seems kinda wordy.. I dunno.. I think I'm going with (see next post):

Asian~Wife
May 27, 2010 at 3:34 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
PARENT NAMES
request the honour of your presence
at the Nuptial Mass uniting their daughter
MY NAME
and
FH NAME
on Saturday, the twenty-fifth of September
Two thousand ten
at two o’clock in the afternoon
Saint James Catholic Church
ADDRESS

Married: 07/10/2010
Reviews: 5
May 27, 2010 at 3:38 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
We are having a full Ctaholic mass as well and sent my invites out. You can send me a PM if you want and I can tell you what we put on them...

Jessica
Married: 04/14/2011
May 27, 2010 at 3:40 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I'd don't think its necessary to include the nuptial mass line. I'm guessing most of your family is Catholic anyways and will expect a full mass and the Catholic Church location kind of gives it away if not.

Married: 11/06/2010
May 27, 2010 at 3:54 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
We are having a full Mass ceremony and I wanted to make sure everyone knew to expect an hour and fifteen minute reception. Plus I love the traditional "Nuptial Mass" and "Holy Matrimony" being in the wording. This is what our invitations are going to say,

Mr. and Mrs. Thomas W. Hughes
at the Nuptial Mass at which their daughter
Deirdre Elizabeth
and
Mr. Kyle Christopher Collins
will be united
in the sacrament of Holy Matrimony
on Saturday, the sixth of November
Two thousand ten
at three o’clock in the afternoon
Our Lady of Guadalupe Catholic Church
900 West La Habra Boulevard
La Habra, California

Married: 11/06/2010
May 27, 2010 at 3:56 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I was just thinking, the invite is long and wordy, the guests will have a good indication of how the ceremony is going to be...long and wordy! :)

Asian~Wife
May 27, 2010 at 4:07 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Deirdre, you have a great point... it is going to be long and wordy. LOL! :) I like how you mention the sacrament - I know that is such a big deal (at least to my church) because it emphasizes more than a wedding.

hmmmmmmm

Asian~Wife
May 27, 2010 at 4:09 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Jessica - immediate family is Catholic and a few close friends. Everyone else is different. The priest strongly encouraged it because we are both Catholic and our immediate families are. Ahhh where to draw the line?! :) Maybe I will change it to "Saint James Church" and take out the Catholic part, but leave the nuptial mass part.

Married: 09/24/2010
May 29, 2010 at 11:35 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Having a full mass and ceremony too. It's all about the sacrament of holy matrimony. For us the church ceremony is everything. Just wish I could make it more special, alot of people only think of the reception. If you or anyone has a thought , i welcome it.

He-Gives-Me-Butterflyz
Married: 09/17/2010
May 30, 2010 at 12:42 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Not sure if this will help at all, but this website has been a wonderful resource for me. --> www.catholicweddinghelp.com

Asian~Wife
Jun 01, 2010 at 8:52 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Thanks for that website link!!

Married: 10/26/2013
Reviews: 1
Jul 15, 2013 at 1:50 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Thanks Deirde, 3 years later and this was very helpful. Working with my own Etsy rep and was trying to figure out the wording shoudl wor and would love for "in the sacrament of Holy Matrimony" to be included in the invitation :)

Wedding: 08/16/2014
Aug 20, 2013 at 6:27 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Our invitation wording uses both sets of parents as hosts and mentions the Mass.

Mr. and Mrs. XXX
and
Mr. & Mrs. XXX
at the marriage of their children
XXX XXX XXX
and
XXX XXX XXX
in the celebration of the Nuptial Mass
on Saturday, the sixteenth day of August
two thousand and fourteen
at three o’clock in the afternoon