CARNIVAL THEME
Has anyone ever been to a carnival themed wedding/reception...more so the reception? (the wedding is going to be pretty traditional, but the invites will be carnival themed....) If so what did you think of it and what were some of the ideas they used. I have found quite a few pictures online, but just curious if anyone has actually attended one.

Married: 09/29/2012
Reviews: 5
Posted On: Dec 14, 2010 at 4:14 PM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate1 like

24 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!
«12»

Meghan
Married: 08/20/2011
Reviews: 3
Dec 14, 2010 at 4:52 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I haven't attended one. Sorry, but it just doesn't seem right to me at all. It seems more appropriate for a bachelor/bachelorette party or maybe an all out wedding shower, but not a wedding.

I'm sure it can be done well, but budget can't be a concern.

Married: 05/14/2011
Reviews: 7
Dec 14, 2010 at 4:55 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Honestly, I'd have to see the pics. I have heard some people come up with suggestions, that frankly, in my head were hideous. Then someone would put a picture up and I would completely change my mind. Depending on how it was done, it could be awesome or completely cheesy.

Meghan
Married: 08/20/2011
Reviews: 3
Dec 14, 2010 at 4:57 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I agree Shannon. It could be awesome- but for a bride on a budget (which I don't know if she is)- it's not the way to go without looking cheesy. You need to hire entertainers (who aren't cheap) and make sure you get a DJ who worked as a Master of ceremonies as well- because that's a whole different ballgame then a traditional wedding.

C2ShiningC
Married: 2+ years ago
Dec 14, 2010 at 4:58 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
At first I was thinking no way but then I googled. . . if you go with more of a vintage carnival theme it could be pretty but just doing basic carnival looks like a child's birthday IMO. What exactly did you have in mind?

Dec 14, 2010 at 5:00 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
the vintage carnival stuff is more what we were looking into... this all started because I found some really amazing invitations that I fell in love with and then I figured we could really run with the idea... im not thinking of a tacky carnival theme, but more of a vintage like was mentioned by someone else... :)

Married: 05/27/2011
Dec 14, 2010 at 5:02 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
all i can think of is cotton candy and funnel cakes! YUMMMMMMM im going to do some googling now

C2ShiningC
Dec 14, 2010 at 5:02 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I say go for it! If you really aren't sure put an inspiration board together and see what you think.

Dec 14, 2010 at 5:05 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
these are the invitations i really liked...

Married: 10/01/2011
Dec 14, 2010 at 5:07 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Here is a link I found when I googled "Carnival Wedding Theme" I agree that it can be cute if you go "vintagey" But it could very easily get taken too far and end up cheesey.

http://www.recycledbride.com/blog/2010/06/carrie-and-jons-diy-carnival-wedding/

Married: 03/26/2011
Reviews: 2
Dec 14, 2010 at 5:08 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Actually one of the couples that got married at the place Im getting married at did that... check out the couple Janna and Todd, I think.
www.frontporchfarmstn.com

Married: 06/04/2011
Dec 14, 2010 at 5:09 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I have a friend who took wedding pictures like TTD pic's at a carnival with her husband which turned out super cute but never seen or heard of anyone actually getting married or having their reception to the theme. I agree with some of the above to be careful! It could be really fun but it could also turn out really cheesy. What kind of things do you plan on using to make it a carnival type atmosphere? To me what makes carnival pic's really fun is the rides, like taking pic's while going down a big colorful slide, or on the ferris wheel....are you planning on having rides somehow? It would be super expensive...Clowns? Etc. If you can't afford to do the whole shebang why don't you plan your wedding during a date that a carnival is going on and find out if you can go with a photographer during that time? Just ideas!

Greyash
Married: 03/12/2011
Reviews: 4
Dec 14, 2010 at 5:12 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I think if that's what you want to do, it will definitely be unique, and if done right could be really nice. I fount this link it may help you get some ideas.
http://www.stylemepretty.com/2010/07/15/carnival-themed-wedding-inspiration/

http://creativeinvitations.blogspot.com/2008/08/carnival-wedding-theme.html

Married: 06/04/2011
Dec 14, 2010 at 5:17 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Grrr I'm trying to attach pic's and it won't let me! I've closed my browser and everything.... I'll try tomorrow :(

Hayley C™
Reviews: 1
Dec 14, 2010 at 5:19 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
First of all, I LOVE the invitation inspiration! I can see teal tea length dresses and pink/fushia flowers in my head. Under a tent. :) It can make for cute favors. Just don't come in on an elephant, ok?

Married: 10/01/2011
Reviews: 18
Dec 14, 2010 at 5:41 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
What an original theme that is! I agree with the others. If not done right, it could look cheesey. I would go with things like mini hot dogs and sliders as appies. You could have a popcorn machine as well. I would also do the photobooth. Of course, you need cotton candy as a dessert item. Just some thoughts....

Good luck with the planning!

Dec 14, 2010 at 5:47 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
@Haley - Well darn. I was wanting to see pics of her coming in on the elephant. Now you're saying to skip it. You're just a party pooper. lol.

Dec 14, 2010 at 5:49 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
definitely would go with the popcorn machine and the fun foods along with the photo booth it is a MUST.... i think there is so much that could be done with this and those websites were REALLY nice to look at and see more of what others have done... THANKS!!! :)

Dec 14, 2010 at 5:50 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
haha and i can see what i can do to arrange the elephant thing... that would be outrageous ha

Dec 14, 2010 at 5:54 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Here's some stuff I found online. Some will probably have your wallet crying, but there are some ideas like naming your tables after carnival rides, using the popcorn bags to put your candy from the candy buffet, or possibly a popcorn machine. You can have small tents with various games if you wanted. A ferris wheel or merry go round would be really cool, but possibly outside the budget.

Dec 14, 2010 at 5:55 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I like the sign in the 2nd pic that tells people where to go for different events.

Login or Signup to post a comment!
«12»

Topics

Vow of Conduct