Candlelight colored dress....ivory or white veil???
The dress I am wearing is my mothers and it is slightly darker than candlelight but not as dark as ivory. I am trying to order a veil online but the only color choices are white or ivory. I'm afraid ivory will look "dirty" compared to the dress or that white will have a blue tint. Has anyone else had this problem? I have attached some pictures of my dress, with a camera flash the dress looks brighter. Thanks in advance for the advice :)

Married: 09/10/2011
Posted On: Jul 1, 2011 at 10:33 AM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate1 like

10 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!

Private User
Married: 2+ years ago
Jul 01, 2011 at 10:35 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Not sure I understand candlelight, but that's probably b/c the dress looks white in the photo. If you can't get something that matches, I would just make sure whatever you have is of a complementary tone. For example, if "candlelight" has a yellowish tone, go for something that is similarly yellowish, if not the same shade than from the same spectrum. Make sense?

Private User
Reviews: 5
Jul 01, 2011 at 10:41 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Try searching for Diamond White. This is a popular white in between white and ivory.

They have some here:
http://www.wedding-veil.com/diamond-white-veil.html

Private User
Reviews: 5
Jul 01, 2011 at 10:45 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Another website with Diamond White:
http://www.veilubridal.com/discount-bridal-veils-two-tier.htm

Beautiful dress btw! I think a cathedral length would be gorgeous with it!

Jul 01, 2011 at 10:45 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Michelle-Thanks for the website!

J&R-Yes! This is my debate also. In photos the dress looks more white than it is. There is a slight yellowish tone to it when looking at the dress on a hanger. So I have bounced back and forth on a veil. I should really just take the dress to a boutique to try on veils but I'm really set on the one online.

Married: 07/16/2011
Jul 01, 2011 at 10:48 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I say take the dress to a bridal shop to compare and find the best fit. Your dress is beautiful!

Jul 01, 2011 at 11:02 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Michelle- The website you linked to me (http://www.wedding-veil.com/color_samples.html) has free color swatches they will send you to match up to dress. How cool is that :) That will help since the dress is being altered at the moment and I'm anxious to purchase a veil.

Kerri- Thank you!! :)

Married: 10/30/2010
Reviews: 13
Jul 01, 2011 at 12:37 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I'd go with diamond white and the dress is very pretty!

Private User
Jul 01, 2011 at 4:08 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Wow, that's your mom's dress??? Looks great!

Married: 07/30/2011
Jul 01, 2011 at 4:25 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Are there any vintage bridal shops in your area? Maybe finding something used would work out well...?

Good luck - you look absolutely stunning! How special to be able to wear your mom's dress!

Married: 04/27/2012
Feb 28, 2012 at 12:52 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
What did you end up with? I have the same dilemma. My dress is off white and the only veil I liked with my dress is ivory. In person, you can hardly tell a difference. In photos, the flash makes the dress look whiter.
Login or Signup to post a comment!

Topics

Vow of Conduct