Can someone explain this please?
If it's generally accepted that it's "bad luck" or "inappropriate" to wear white to a wedding...why is almost every flower girl dress I look at white???
I think there's something I'm missing here. I don't get it.
*tired of white dresses*

Mrs. Carmen
Married: 2+ years ago
Reviews: 4
Posted On: Apr 6, 2010 at 7:10 PM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate1 like

42 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!
«123»

RavenK
Married: Recently Married
Apr 06, 2010 at 7:12 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I hear ya hun...my flower girl"s dress is eggplant! and it took FOREVER to find :)

Mrs. Carmen

Married: 10/03/2009
Reviews: 6
The flower girl is "supposed" to match the bride. She is the only other one "allowed" to wear white. *shrugs* I guess it only applies to guests.

Bride2B
Married: 08/21/2010
Apr 06, 2010 at 7:13 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
i think because flower girls are pure like the bride(well..supposed to be pure LOL)

Lisa
Married: 05/07/2010
Reviews: 5
Apr 06, 2010 at 7:14 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Carmen I know how you feel. I got so sick of trying to find a flower girl dress that wasn't white, I just settled on a white one because I was just tired of looking. BUT There are flower girl dresses that are really cute that come in colors. like this one
http://www.bridalbuds.com/wp-content/uploads/flower-girl-dress.jpg

My color is red, so It was really hard to find just the right shade of red. What colors or styles are you looking for? I'd love to help.

Married: 04/17/2010
Apr 06, 2010 at 7:15 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I've seen lots of photos of flower girls in colors that match the wedding, rather than the bride. One of my FG is in all off white, the other in white with chocolate brown roses, simply because these were the dresses I found.

Mrs. Carmen
Apr 06, 2010 at 7:16 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
She's supposed to match me??? Oh crap...that's a problem.
My dress is a very light gold, not white. So finding a matching flower girl dress will be hard enough. But secondly, she's super pale, blond hair, blue eyed. I'm terrified of her blending into people in the photos, because we're all in light colors. Thus I opted for a pink dress rather than purple, so she could stand in front of the bridesmaids and not look like a floating head. lol.

J.S.
Apr 06, 2010 at 7:16 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I think the whole not being able to wear white to a wedding is dumb. Unless it's another bridal gown I personally wouldn't be offended.

Mrs. Carmen
Apr 06, 2010 at 7:17 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I'd be offended, but only cause my mother is the only one trying to do it. She's seriously wanting to wear her wedding dress to my wedding.

Married: 10/16/2010
Reviews: 3
Apr 06, 2010 at 7:18 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
She doesn't HAVE to wear white. I was in a wedding when I was little where I wore the exact same thing as the bridesmaids, only in miniature. Of course I was wearing a dark green satin dress with a black velvet bodice, but, hey! It was the 80s!

Apr 06, 2010 at 7:20 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
@ Carmen- LOL I sent you a gold one earlier, with that in mind. Don't worry, blondes look great in gold (mine was gold too). Try looking for things in a Duoponi silk. It's naturally a bit gold, and can also be very easily dyed. Generally speaking, the designer of your gown will have similar styles with flower girls in mind. Try the designer B2/ Impressions- they were the only ones I found that sold colored flower girl dresses.

RavenK
Married: Recently Married
Apr 06, 2010 at 7:29 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
how old is the girl your having wear that dress?

Mrs. Carmen
Apr 06, 2010 at 7:31 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
She'll be 7.

Married: 07/31/2010
Apr 06, 2010 at 7:32 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
The role of the flower girl came from the Victorian Era, and her purpose - sounds dreadful - was to entertain the guests with her cuteness. She also serves to "announce" the arrival of the bride, as she comes down the aisle directly behind the MOH and in front of the bride. Traditionally, her dress was white to represent sweetness and innocence. The idea of copying the bride's gown came later.

It's not "bad luck" to wear white to a wedding, it's simply rude. (At least by Western standards, in the Phillipines it is expected that everyone, including the guests, wear white to the wedding) The bride wears white to stand out. If some one else wears white, it's as if they are attempting to grab the attention from the bride - which one should never attempt to do! But, flower girls are so cute, it doesn't matter what they wear, does it?

Married: 05/14/2011
Reviews: 7
Apr 06, 2010 at 7:35 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
"She's seriously wanting to wear her wedding dress to my wedding." FOR REAL?!?!?! How can she think that's right? I'm still trying to get my mouth to close after that one. I would only think she might possibly get away with that if whe was in a non-traditional type dress (say getting married in a sundress at the courthouse kind of deal) And that's still only a maybe. This is YOUR wedding... not hers.

Lisa
Apr 06, 2010 at 7:35 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
http://www.sophiasstyle.com/little-girls-special-occasion-pink-dot-flower-girl-dress-kids-dream-2-12.html

No luck finding the one that you like. What about something like this?

Mrs. Carmen
Apr 06, 2010 at 7:36 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I'd be happy to put her in something like that. But I spoil her so much already, she wouldn't forgive me. She wants to go all out Disney Princess. haha. Giant ballgowns and that sort of thing.

Apr 06, 2010 at 7:38 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
@ Michele- " in the Phillipines it is expected that everyone, including the guests, wear white to the wedding" Not true. They have some of the most colorful weddings around. In fact, in traditional ceremonies, the bride does not wear white, the entire BP wears colored "barongs".

Lisa
Apr 06, 2010 at 7:39 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
http://www.sophiasstyle.com/sweet-kids-little-girl-ivory-spring-easter-flower-lace-mesh-dress-4-16.html

They have this one that sort of comes close but no pink.

I tried. =[ I'm sorry

Married: 10/01/2011
Apr 06, 2010 at 7:40 PM • Flag As Inappropriate

This one comes in pink..

Sorta looks like the one that you were searching for. Still looking for that one you wanted.
Login or Signup to post a comment!
«123»

Topics

Vow of Conduct