A Camo Wedding
Hi. Me and my fiance are planning a Mossy Oak Camo Wedding my only problem is planning and mostly decorations for our reception. Planning the ceremony doesn't seem to be a problem at all, but the reception on the other hand is turning out to be very aggravating. I know we may be country folks but I dont want it to be tacky. We are planning to have a outside wedding and reception in the fall but fiance is really wanting a BBQ/Cookout for the reception and I really want him to have it. But I dont have a clue how to do that and have Camo decor as well. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Married: 09/28/2013
Edited On: May 14, 2012 at 6:39 PM
Posted On: May 14, 2012 at 6:36 PM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate0 likes

16 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!

Married: 07/07/2012
May 14, 2012 at 7:15 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Soon2bMrs.Smith had a post earlier today with a link to a great camo wedding site.
http://www.weddingwire.com/wedding-forums/for-the-camo-brides-found-site/838fd5d68a71ad3a.html

I think as long as the camo is used to accent the wedding and it isn't too overpowering, it will look very nice.

Anonymous
Married: 1+ year ago
May 14, 2012 at 7:24 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
There's those suits with the camo vests that look pretty sharp, my fiance wanted to wear one but it really didn't suit the rest of our wedding. I also saw a wedding dress with a camo sash that looked good too.
Id probably use camo ribbon for the bouquets or in the center pieces or camo table runners on top of solid coloured table cloths. just some thoughts

Id also try and get flowers that were various shades of green, cream and accents of brown and orange

WasSoon2BMrsSmith
Married: 2+ years ago
Reviews: 5
May 15, 2012 at 11:34 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
as Kiela said I posted with that yesterday. I think you should just pick one colour like the army green and then accent things with the camo

May 15, 2012 at 1:45 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Thanks everyone for the imput. I think we have the wedding attire figured out but I'm having trouble finding camo invitaions that we both like, wedding cakes with accents of camo rather than a completely covered camo cake and decoration ideas. I'll post some pics of some of the wedding attire were thinking about getting. If anyone has in decorating ideas I would love to hear them. Planning anything especially a wedding is proving to be quite challenging for me.
Edited On: May 15, 2012 at 2:03 PM

May 15, 2012 at 1:49 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I really like the first dress for my wedding dress but I love the train on the second one.

May 15, 2012 at 1:51 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Options for the maid of honor and bridesmaid dresses and then a flower girl's dress to match.

May 15, 2012 at 1:54 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
And of course matching vest and ties but with a regular black tux for all the men and boys my fiance, the best man, groomsmen, ring bearer & my two boys. Can't forget my two boys they will be walking me down the aisle and giving me away.

Edited On: May 15, 2012 at 1:55 PM

May 15, 2012 at 1:54 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
And of course matching vest and ties. But a regular black tux for fiance, the best man, groomsmen, ring bearer & my two boys. Can't forget my two boys they will be walking me down the aisle and giving me away.

May 15, 2012 at 1:58 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I've thought about using other color to accent with the camo. But my fiance doesn't really want too. And he said there's no way he's doing orange for an accent color and I've thought about shades of green but I really just keep leaning towards just having white and camo for the colors and no other accent color. My fiance is quite stubborn and I tend to just give in went it comes to him.
Edited On: May 15, 2012 at 2:04 PM

Married: 07/07/2012
May 15, 2012 at 2:35 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
if i was going with something like this..i'd pick the 1st dress....:)

May 15, 2012 at 5:59 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Tara L. the first dress is the one I'm getting but Im having them make it with a train like the second dress. The third and fourth dress are options for the maid of honor and bridesmaids dresses.
May 15, 2012 at 10:22 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
If you are having a bbq/cookout, and are country, why not wildflowers for decor? Mason jars and twine? It would give something a little different (not everything has to be camo). Or how about grasses and burlap like this?

Edited On: May 15, 2012 at 10:23 PM

Married: 07/14/2012
May 25, 2012 at 12:46 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Hey! I'm also having a Camo wedding on July 14. since camo is expensive we decided to use camo as an accent to our theme. so our colors now are chocolate brown and clover green (colors from davids bridal) I also wanted the girls to wear the camo dresses but it was way to much money to spend just to wear for one day, so i chose a clover green for my girls, and a chocolate brown for my maid of honor. My wedding dress is ivory, You can always wear a white dress with a camo sash around your waist..less expensive..whatever your preference is. i chose to only wear a camo garter, i'm still undecided about the sash. for our head table i bought camo tulle (online) and battery operated lights to put the lights inside the camo tulle..our flowers are sunflowers with a hint of browns and greens as well. The guys are wearing black tuxes with mossy oak camo vests and ties. our cake is white with edible printed camo ribbon with edible leaves.(will post pic)

May 25, 2012 at 12:53 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
continued lol....
For our centerpieces we are doing something simple..just a small vase, with a flameless candle (so kids dont burn the place down) and a brown and green ribbon around middle with a fake sunflower hot glued in the middle of the vase, this sits on a glass plate (all from dollar tree) with pinecones around the bottom on the plate with i'm sure we will be adding moss either inside it or around the bottom (glued) for boutineers for the guys we are going to our local floral shop and getting miniture brown roses..for our favors we have tree topiaries with name cards. (party city) trees go with the theme perfectly. and we are just putting some dinner mints in tulle and tying a ribbon around it and setting them in their cups..so when the guest sit they have the mints. Hope i've helped with some ideas and feel free to ask me anything and take my ideas.. :) good luck!

May 25, 2012 at 12:56 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
The cake..Maid of honors dress, and bridesmaids dress which is darker than the picture.

Married: 07/21/2012
Aug 25, 2012 at 11:15 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I just had a camo (mossy oak) wedding it was beautiful! When it came to the reception I stepped away from camo because the whole bridal party had camo on. But I had orange table cloths with green sashes and for my center pieces I had mason jars with river rock in the bottom birch twigs with moss on them and glued fake leaves to them. Just like 2-4 per jar depending on the size of them, and finished them off with orange lilies.
Login or Signup to post a comment!

Topics

Vow of Conduct