Bridesmaids Dresses
Going today to make a decision on what my ladies will be wearing. I'm bringing my MOH and another BM...aaaaaand going for a margarita or two (it is cinco de mayo, afterall!)

So, opinions...

For an evening beach ceremony (4:00)/poolside cocktail hour/tent reception would you think long or short dresses?????

Originally I was stuck on long because I know when I wear short dresses I love to wear cute pumps/peep toes/etc. but my girls won't be able to do that while in the sand....and I'm not the biggest fan of short dresses and flip flops...
But now that I'm looking, a lot of the long dresses are very elegant and maybe too formal for my wedding...

Opinions? Experiences?

Gracias!

Married: 07/06/2013
Posted On: May 5, 2012 at 8:51 AM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate0 likes

7 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!

Married: 04/14/2012
Reviews: 1
May 05, 2012 at 9:01 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I am a fan of convertible dresses!!! I saw them in David Tutera and got in love . I used them in my wedding, my BMs used the short version and the matron and MOH USED THE LONG ONE. THEY loved the dress and so did everyone at the wedding
You can see some pics here
http://www.weddingwire.com/wedding-forums/and-they-lived-happily-ever-after-wedding-pics-edit-more-pics/1f291e023cc6628e.html

We got them from henkaa.com

Married: 09/08/2012
Reviews: 5
May 05, 2012 at 1:15 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
For a beach wedding I think short or tea length would be best. If you don't like the idea of flip flops what about just having the girls barefoot if you are actually on the sand?

Private User
Married: 1+ year ago
May 05, 2012 at 1:28 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
http://www.dessy.com/accessories/Crinkle-Chiffon-Flower-Shoe-Clip/#.T6ViiutYtig
http://www.dessy.com/dresses/twist-faux-wrap-detail-skirt/#.T6Vi0-tYtig

the dress is $$ but they can also use it after the wedding and have it look totally different
the shoes you also can get without the flower

Edited On: May 05, 2012 at 1:28 PM

Married: 04/14/2012
Reviews: 1
May 05, 2012 at 4:52 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
@kristin that's he same dress I'm saying it's cheaper at henkaa.com very good quality as well!!

Married: 10/06/2012
Reviews: 2
May 05, 2012 at 4:59 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I would say short dresses. I would be worried about the bottom of a long dress getting messed up by dragging in the sand. We are doing a beach wedding and doing short dresses with dress flat sandals. I know you said you don't like the flip flops, but you can get very formal looking sandals that are flat and will look elegant.

Private User
Married: 1+ year ago
May 05, 2012 at 5:05 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
@ Dena&JD

I didn't click your link..sorry my bad

and yes its munch cheaper:) thinking I order from them

keli716
Married: 09/08/2012
Reviews: 5
May 05, 2012 at 7:03 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I would say short/tea length for beach weddings..if you wanted to do long, I would do long and flowy.
Login or Signup to post a comment!

Topics

Vow of Conduct