Bride/Father and Groom/Mother dance at the same time?
My fiance and I have tossed around the idea of dancing with our respective parents simultaneously to just one song. I do love the father/daughter and mother/son dances at weddings, but sometimes, it's just really boring as a guest to watch ten minutes of people dancing in a circle. I know my father is not the center of attention type, so it might make him more comfortable if 100% of the focus isn't on him. What do you guys think?

Thanks!

Kimber
Married: 09/02/2012
Edited On: Jan 23, 2012 at 9:38 PM
Posted On: Jan 23, 2012 at 9:38 PM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate1 like

15 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!

Married: 1+ year ago
Jan 23, 2012 at 9:39 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I personally love this idea! It does get boring just watching them dance to these slow songs....that's my least favorite parts of weddings.

Married: 03/25/2012
Jan 23, 2012 at 9:42 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
we are doing this.. but that is because I lost my dad when i was 10 so these dances are always really hard for me and a few of my family and friends so we are just going to do a mom and kid dance. but my FFIL wants to have dance with me and on sure if i will be up for that lol.

Wedding: 09/02/2017
Jan 23, 2012 at 9:44 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
we are debating doing this... With the idea that halfway we switch it out and Fh dances with my mom and I dance with FH dad... Both of our parents are divorced so it would be a way to blend our 4 parents in one dance...

Kimber
Jan 23, 2012 at 9:51 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
@Robyn, so sorry about your dad. My mom passed when I was 19, and planning without her is so hard! Best of luck!

Nay-Nay
Wedding: 05/24/2014
Jan 23, 2012 at 9:57 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
this is a good idea!!! i must admit it does get boring watching all those people dance...

Kimber
Jan 23, 2012 at 10:02 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
What about song suggestions?

Tiny Dancer
Reviews: 5
Jan 23, 2012 at 10:04 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I'm doing this too… F/D & M/S.. then I'm going to have my brother dance with my mom (she feels left out), & his dad dance with his sister. It'll be a big family dance, I'm just not sure what song to do yet. Not "we are family" ;)

Married: 03/25/2012
Reviews: 6
Jan 23, 2012 at 10:55 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I'm doing this too. I don't want to have my guests just sitting around watching for so long, so we are only doing 3 special songs; first dance, f/d & m/s, and then a dance with my fh and my daughter and me with my son.

Married: 04/27/2012
Reviews: 4
Jan 23, 2012 at 11:15 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
We are doing a dance with my WF, her step dad, Bio dad and me. She will dance the first half with bio dad while I dance with step dad and then switch. My dad is no longer living so, it works well. As for song suggestions. We are doing changes by kelly and ozzy osborn. I think it would be a great song for your type of dance.

KT
Married: 2+ years ago
Jan 24, 2012 at 12:23 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
We did this. I agree, multiple organized dances are boring to watch. Our guests appreciated it.
Jan 24, 2012 at 12:29 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I do this all the time, two years ago almost 50% of B&Gs that year decided it was the way to go..
I call it the "tribute to the parents" dance.

Married: 02/18/2012
Reviews: 9
Jan 24, 2012 at 9:26 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
This was something we talked about, but ended up opting to dance them seperately with the understanding that we had to choose short songs :P You can always have your DJ fade songs away too, if they're too long *shrug*

If you decide to dance them together, I'd suggest: Sunrise, Sunset. :)

Married: 06/30/2012
Jan 24, 2012 at 9:32 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
What a great flipping idea!! The plan is to have Father/Daughter dance, Mother/Son, and I want to have a Mother/Daughter dance- Wonder if FMIL or my mom would be opposed to FH and his mom dancing while my mom and I are... something to def think about!!!!

Married: 03/03/2012
Reviews: 6
Jan 24, 2012 at 9:35 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
We're doing this for the same reason, I wouldn't want to watch 10 minutes of people dancing. It sort of loses its "Aww" factor after the first minute or so.

We're all four dancing to “Never Alone” by Jim Brickman ft. Hillary Scott and Lady Antebellum. My dad and I will start, and the DJ will bring hubby and his mom in when the 2nd verse starts.

Jan 24, 2012 at 10:21 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
good idea and wish I could do this too but culture wise probably not going to happen! =\
Login or Signup to post a comment!

Topics

Vow of Conduct