BR - UPDATE ON PAGE 2 - Threatened Miscarriage - Dr Appt tomorrow - Prayers Welcome
Well, I've been putting off posting this for the last few days since I've been in a rough place emotionally.

After having some spotting Tuesday night/Wednesday I spoke with a nurse at my OB/GYN's office who told me not to worry unless the bleeding was bright red and/or heavy. Woke up Thursday morning to some moderately heavy bleeding (like the typical first day of my last period). Went to the ER where they drew blood, gave me an internal exam and did an ultrasound. The results were inconclusive. They didn't see anything on the U/S but they said that this early, that isn't anything to worry about. They also let me know that my HCG levels were a bit on the low side (182 at 6 weeks past my last ), but again that doesn't necessarily mean anything. The Nurse Practitioner said to go home and take it easy, that they wanted me to come in for bloodwork again on Saturday and that I would need to see my Dr (cont)

Married: 10/01/2011
Reviews: 7
Edited On: Aug 28, 2012 at 2:13 PM
Posted On: Aug 27, 2012 at 7:50 PM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate0 likes

62 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!

Aug 27, 2012 at 7:51 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
first thing this week (was supposed to be today but my Dr isn't in the office on Mondays, so we go tomorrow). She also told us before we left the ER that there was a 50/50 chance we would either have a miscarriage or go on to have a healthy pregnancy. She said that if I were to miscarry to expect the bleeding to get heavier and to have some cramping like a really bad heavy period. The bleeding never got any heavier than it was while I was in the ER and it has stopped completely as of last night. I would describe it like one of my periods while on the BC pill (probably like an average persons normal period because off the pill I have super heavy super painful periods), I never had any really bad cramping, just some mild cramping like I've had ever since I got my positive pregnancy test (cont)

Aug 27, 2012 at 7:51 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
We aren't really sure what to be thinking right now. I want to be positive and I don't want to give up on my child, but at the same time friends and family are urging us to be cautious - to expect the worst, so as to minimize the pain just in case. I was just wondering if anyone had any similar stories and/or any advice. We would also welcome any prayers or positive thoughts.

Shelley
Married: 12/22/2012
Reviews: 5
Aug 27, 2012 at 7:55 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I am sorry I have no advice, but you are in my prayers. God please take care of mommy and her baby!

Married: 09/29/2012
Aug 27, 2012 at 7:55 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Sending my thoughts your way. My sister had some mild bleeding about halfway through her pregnancy but she is due any day now. Try to stay positive

Married: 10/23/2013
Aug 27, 2012 at 7:56 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I am so sorry. I hope everything will turn out fine. I am thinking of you

Married: 06/16/2012
Reviews: 3
Aug 27, 2012 at 7:59 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Prayer...done

Married: 03/16/2012
Reviews: 6
Aug 27, 2012 at 7:59 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Sorry your going through this. Hopefully all is well with the baby.

Ab
Married: 10/29/2011
Aug 27, 2012 at 8:14 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Sending my positive thoughts to you and the baby..I'll keep you in my prayers as well!

Stephanie
Married: 10/11/2012
Aug 27, 2012 at 8:16 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
So sorry you are going through this.
My last child was a "problem baby". At five weeks I also had similar bleeding but no cramps and my hcg levels weren't not as high as they should be. Started the roller coaster of every other day ultrasounds and blood tests. After 5 visits and almost 2 weeks of this they finally saw her little sack and the levels had increased enough to say that it was a viable pregnancy. The following week I developed Hyperemisis, which is excessive vomiting and had a GI bleed. They put me in the hospital for 5 days until they could get it under control. I had the same issue with her brother but not as severe so we kind of knew what to expect. That was until the MD said that it was likely the whole pregnancy would be rough and they would proceed with a medical abortion should we wish to terminate. No way! It was rough but she is a happy healthy 15 yr old that is now driving me teen crazy.
Hang in there and don't give up. Sending prayers your way.

Married: 10/27/2012
Reviews: 6
Aug 27, 2012 at 8:20 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Good luck and just take it easy.

Married: 05/25/2013
Aug 27, 2012 at 8:21 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I am so sorry to hear this, positive thoughts, I hope the best for you and your baby, keep us updated!

*Edited typos
Edited On: Aug 27, 2012 at 8:41 PM

Married: 08/25/2012
Aug 27, 2012 at 8:27 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Take care of yourself..I hope the best for you..

Reviews: 18
Aug 27, 2012 at 8:28 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Both daughters required that I be on progesterone to ward off a miscarriage. My HCG levels were on target, but my progesterone levels never were. With Cate, I was prescribed vaginal suppositories. For Maggie it was oral pills. Perhaps this is a question you might want to ask the doctor.

Please keep us updated.
Edited On: Aug 27, 2012 at 8:28 PM

Married: 03/23/2013
Aug 27, 2012 at 8:38 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
thinking of you in this tough time! Prayers!!

Married: 03/10/2013
Aug 27, 2012 at 8:44 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
keeping you in my prayers!!

Married: 10/12/2012
Reviews: 2
Aug 27, 2012 at 9:00 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Sorry I have no advice! I will keep you in my thoughts!

Married: 10/13/2012
Aug 27, 2012 at 9:05 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
My thoughts and well wishes are with you. Both of my daughters were possible miscarriages until I had ultrasounds around 6 weeks and we were able to see and hear a heartbeat. With my second daughter my hcg levels were never on track and the doctor even wanted to schedule a D&C. Needless to say everything worked out and I am feeding her as I type this. Good luck!

Married: 04/14/2012
Aug 27, 2012 at 9:09 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I hope everything works out for the best and your baby is okay.

Married: 10/06/2012
Reviews: 2
Aug 27, 2012 at 9:19 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Praying!!!

Married: 09/21/2013
Aug 28, 2012 at 2:14 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
My thoughts are with you ... I just recently miscarried about 6 weeks again.. I was 4 weeks pregnant for the first time ever.. i was heart broken.. however I never thought I could get pregnany either so it was a shock to us both. now we know and after the wedding we plan on trying.. Please keep us updated.. I hope everything works out well for you...
Login or Signup to post a comment!

Topics

Vow of Conduct