Beauty and the beast themed wedding
My fiance and I have decided that we want to do a Beauty and the Beast themed wedding since it's both of our favorite classic Disney movie. The problem is of course that we don't want to go TOO over the top for the fear that it would be like a child's birthday party.
Even though our wedding is years away he and I love to plan.
Things we've already decided on
- Our first dance will be to Tale as Old as Time
- Centerpieces will be a single rose with a glass dome over it
- Be Our Guest will be playing quietly as dinner is served.
- We want a horse drawn carriage

But we haven't really decided on anything else, so any suggestions are greatly appreciated! Also any ideas on to make the rose look like it's floating is helpful too. Thanks

His silly little fairy ♥
Wedding: [Private]
Posted On: Oct 10, 2010 at 3:38 PM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate1 like

34 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!
«12»

Married: 12/09/2010
Oct 10, 2010 at 3:43 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Found this website. They dont sell these vases there anymore but is that the sort of thing you mean for a floating rose?

http://www.uncommongoods.com/item/item.jsp?itemId=17952

Teapot Bride
Wedding: 10/04/2014
Oct 10, 2010 at 3:46 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Cool theme! If you could find candelabras or tea sets that look like the one in the movie that would be cool too. Also, have you checked out the new Disney dresses by Alfred Angelo? One of them is Belle-inspired.

Married: 06/25/2011
Reviews: 6
Oct 10, 2010 at 3:50 PM • Flag As Inappropriate

Oct 10, 2010 at 3:52 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
The Belle gown by Alfred Angelo - will be between $599 - $1199 and will be released in store starting January

His silly little fairy ♥
Yes I have, I'm waiting until they are actually released so I can get a better look at the Belle-inspired dress.

And sorta, I read somewhere about putting the rose in water so it was floating and holding it down with clear rocks, but they didn't provide pictures so I'm not exactly sure how it would turn out.

Are professional seamstress expensive? Because I was thinking of maybe just having a Belle-inspired dress made for me, but I'm not sure.

KittenPurrFace
Married: 06/16/2011
I thought about doing this because my fiance's pet name is Michael Beast. Love the centerpiece idea!

Married: 12/09/2010
Oct 10, 2010 at 3:57 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
There's also expandable "crystals" that act like water that you can use in vases. They expand once you put them in water. They might hold flowers in place.

His silly little fairy ♥
Oct 10, 2010 at 4:03 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I recently found these invites and so far they are the ones I love the most

http://www.invitationsbydawn.com/We_ViewEns.cfm?sItemCode=WedEns6120&sCatalogCode=WedEnsDD&iStartRow=
I love this idea so much that I wish I lived in your state so I could shoot it!

As guest favors, you could buy tealights and put character stickers on them.

Water pearls and "suspended flower"

Part One - hydrate water pearls, then drain water and remove half of the pearls. Place rose in vase and arrange to liking, add rest of pearls until covered. See picture

Oct 10, 2010 at 4:04 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Part Two - add water, pearls are clear and have same light refraction as water, so turn "invisible"

Oct 10, 2010 at 4:04 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Part Three - final look

Oct 10, 2010 at 4:05 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I was originally planning on doing that for my centrepieces :) I love Beauty and the Beast. Unfortunately, I was veto'd by the hubby... he isn't as big a disney fan

His silly little fairy ♥
Oct 10, 2010 at 4:09 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I love that! I might have to use those :)

Also should add my cousin is going to school to be photographer and so is my sister, so I have the photography taken care of :)
And my aunt is a cake decorator on the side so I have that taken care of too :)

XDream Designs Stationery

XDream Designs Stationery
Oct 10, 2010 at 4:33 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Have you bought your stationery products? I sell stationery as well as wedding accesories (Glasses, serving sets), Invitations, Menu's, Programs, Thank yous, Placements, and much more. If you would like something custom, I can do that as well. Please check out my vendor site on here. I do ship internationally, so that won't be an issue.

Christina

His silly little fairy ♥
Oct 10, 2010 at 4:49 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
We haven't bought anything as of yet, since we're planning so far ahead we are waiting at least a year and a half before we buy anything, just in case we change our minds on the theme, etc.
We're kind of rough planning as of now, but we just want to get a good idea on everything so when the day to our wedding comes closer we won't be as stressed! :)

Laldy
Married: 1+ year ago
Oct 10, 2010 at 4:49 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Love your theme... You can try www.save-on-crafts.com for supplies and tutorials.

His silly little fairy ♥
Oct 10, 2010 at 4:59 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I haven't picked a color scheme yet, but I know I want some shade of blue, do you think that would work with this theme?

starlette7886
Married: 12/03/2011
Oct 10, 2010 at 5:26 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Rachel hit it on the head with the dress. The Belle gown from AA will hit stores in January 2010. I push AA because they tailor your dress to you at the time you order it, so it should need next to no alterations (unless you gain or lose weight).
As far as colors are concerned, watch the movie and pick up on some of the decor in the castle, Belle and The Beast's attire, etc. Gold should definitely be a focal point, because Belle's formal gown was gold, Lumiere, Cogsworth, and most of the other animated furnture and decor were either gold or had gold accents. To take it even further, an idea for colors and a centerpiece would be to have the same shade pink as the enchanted rose and gold as part of the color scheme (which, believe or not would look stunning), and have 2 centerpieces that you alternate out-replicas of the enchated roses and replicas of Lumiere.
All of the ideas I could give you (since this was my original theme) would depent on how formal you want your wedding to be.

starlette7886
Married: 12/03/2011
Oct 10, 2010 at 5:26 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Good luck and I hope it all turns out for you. :)
Login or Signup to post a comment!
«12»

Topics

Vow of Conduct