Asking friends to be bridesmaids via Cards?
So my fiance and I will be getting married in the spring of 2012
we havent set a date yet but are close to setting one after out tasting appointment once the date is set i want to ask my friends to be bridesmaids since i want to start dress shopping soon, I found these really cute customized "will you be my bridesmaid?" cards on etsy is it ok to send out cards asking your friends to stand up? Its hard with my work schedule right now and to plan something where all the girls can get together two are still away at school, my other question is my MOH already knows that shes going to be moh, should i still ask her formaly?

Anonymous
Married: 2+ years ago
Reviews: 8
Posted On: May 12, 2011 at 11:36 AM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate1 like

20 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!
«12»

Brian Cesario Photography, LLC
May 12, 2011 at 11:40 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
You know, there will always be constraints and obligations, and sometimes we have to work around them. If there's really no feasible way to ask these people in person, then I'd say go for it...and be sure to include a thoughtful handwritten note to demonstrate sincerity and make it feel a little less rushed.

Married: 02/18/2012
Reviews: 6
May 12, 2011 at 11:53 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I made it a point to ask all of my guys in person. Unfortunately one just didn't work out and I had to email him. I didn't ask them at the same time of course, but I didn't talk to anyone about who I had chosen until I had gotten confirmation from each of them that they were willing. It took me two months until I had a chance to ask my best man, and he was the last one I asked.

Married: 10/01/2011
Reviews: 14
May 12, 2011 at 11:57 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I used these Etsy cards. My MatronOH is in MD, my MaidOH is in Philly and I am in NC. No way we were going to be in the same place at the same time. We are all very busy and stay in touch on text messaging, FB and email so getting a card in US Mail was really something for us!I also asked them over the phone but in person was just not an option. I have been friends with them for 38 and 22 yrs respectively. Point being, know the relationship you have with them and if doing it in a card works, do it.

Btw, the etsy designer is decadent designs. She is fab to work with!

Edited On: May 12, 2011 at 11:59 AM

Anonymous
May 12, 2011 at 12:06 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Love those cards!

Married: 11/11/2011
Reviews: 5
May 12, 2011 at 12:20 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I bought these cards & similar buttons from michaels (total cost-$7.00)

I printed out what I wanted it to say then stuck the button through the paper in the bottom corner of the card. I asked the girls to email me a picture of them wearing the button (as their response) and then I put the pics on our wedding website, under the bridal party section!

All of my girls live out of town so this was the best option for me. They all loved it!

When i get to my other computer i'll post a pic of my finished product...it was easy peasy!

May 12, 2011 at 12:21 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I found the cards and buttons in the bachelorette section of Michaels

Reviews: 14
May 12, 2011 at 12:22 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
@Sandy thanks!
@ Nicole that is too cute!
Edited On: May 12, 2011 at 12:23 PM

(User No Longer Exists)
May 12, 2011 at 12:27 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I asked my bridesmaids via a card as well. They all live in Baltimore and I live in Las Vegas. I think its a very nice gesture and when my girls received the cards each one called me with such excitement! They loved them. Also, each card had a personalized note.

Married: 10/27/2012
May 12, 2011 at 12:38 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I made a picture frame that said bridesmaid on it and put a picture of us in the frame. I including a card with a nice note about what they each mean to me and that I would be honored to have them standing by my side on my wedding day.
I think the cards would be cute. I know I love getting mail! LOL

Nicole
May 12, 2011 at 12:46 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I made cards too :) On the inside I wrote a personalized note to them too...

May 12, 2011 at 1:58 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
ok, here is the finished product! Cheaper than etsy and just as cute!

Hayley C™
Reviews: 1
May 12, 2011 at 2:25 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Poem for card...

The day, the dress
The bride, the groom
The joy, the tears
Will all come so soon

Professing true love
To my husband-to-be
With family and friends
All watching me

I hope the sun will
Be shining down
Keep your fingers crossed
That I’ll fit my gown

But there ‘s one more thing
That there needs to be
And that’s to have you
Standing with me!

Will you be my __________?

Married: 02/18/2012
Reviews: 6
May 12, 2011 at 2:59 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I never thought of that, wish I discovered WW so many months ago!

Anonymous
May 12, 2011 at 3:10 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Nicole those are awsome!
you are definitley creative something im not! :(

May 12, 2011 at 3:20 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
not a creative bone in my body...just a thrifty one! Just feed it through the printer and viola!!! You could totally do this!

May 12, 2011 at 3:21 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
You could even hand write it if you want. all you do is buy the blank card from Michaels, write on it, stick the pin on, then off to the good ol' USPS it goes!

May 12, 2011 at 3:22 PM • 
This post has been hidden by the author.
Hidden On: May 12, 2011 at 3:22 PM

2d Bride ®
Married: 10/06/2009
Reviews: 10
May 12, 2011 at 3:30 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Hmm... I may be in the minority here, but a) I really don't like the idea of asking with a card, and b) I think that if you have no way to talk to these people (even by phone), you might want to rethink having them in your wedding. One of the biggest sources of drama around here comes when the bride has one idea about what the duties of a BM/MOH are, and the BM/MOH has a different one. If people get only a card, not a chat, it is much less likely that expectations will be worked out in advance.

May 12, 2011 at 3:33 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I did let the girls know ahead of time. This was just a nice way of telling them how I feel about them (written on the card) and formally asking them. I also wanted the picture with the button so I could use it on our website.

Ab
Married: 10/29/2011
May 12, 2011 at 3:34 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Ya, I'd rather ask/ be asked over the phone if in person isn't possible. although the cards are super cute..maybe after asking over the phone you could follow up with a cute thank you card?
Login or Signup to post a comment!
«12»

Topics

Vow of Conduct