Are you having second thoughts?
In the midst of the excitement of planning the WEDDING, is anyone having second thoughts about MARRIAGE? Just asking.

Maria
Married: 07/09/2011
Reviews: 5
Posted On: Mar 1, 2011 at 10:21 AM • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate1 like

22 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!
«12»

C2ShiningC
Married: 2+ years ago
Reviews: 7
Mar 01, 2011 at 10:23 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
No, not about the marriage, I'm looking forward to that. I have def second guessed the wedding itself though.

That one chick who's married to that one dude
Married: 1+ year ago
Mar 01, 2011 at 10:40 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
No not about the marriage. But then again, if anyone has second thoughts, they may want to put their wedding on hold until they are sure.

Kimi k.
Married: 04/14/2012
Mar 01, 2011 at 10:41 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
NO! I can't wait to be married and live life with my love! The wedding is a stresser though! YUCK!

*~WiiFeY~*
Reviews: 1
Mar 01, 2011 at 10:44 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Nope.. I'm SO ready to be married. I'm having second thoughts on having a big wedding.. But I have 102 days left so its a little late lol

Kimi k.
Married: 04/14/2012
Mar 01, 2011 at 10:45 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
LMBO KK! Yeah, I'd say it's a little too late! :)

Married: 05/14/2011
Mar 01, 2011 at 10:47 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
No... But I'm with the other ladies, there has been many thoughts of the wedding itself but def not marriage :)

MrsSam2012
Married: 1+ year ago
Mar 01, 2011 at 10:49 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I can relate to Cyndi. I've been having second thoughts about the whole hoopla surrounding the wedding (because the planning is stressful) but NOT about the Marriage.

I told my Fiance yesterday when we were on our way home from work that while I'm excited about the wedding I can't wait til its over. He asked why and I told him because while the wedding will be nice and alot of fun, all Im really concerned with it what follows..... me spending the rest of my life as his WIFE.

They can have the wedding, just give me forever as Mrs. Sam

KenWay
Married: 07/28/2011
Reviews: 9
Mar 01, 2011 at 10:49 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Wow, I am just the same way. We originally wanted a very small wedding and didn't get what we wanted so I am stuck with this big wedding that I don't want to pay for lol. I love FH with all my heart and know we are meant to travel through life together so I am more than ready to be married to him, I just have serious remorse about my wedding itself. Are you having second thoughts Maria M.?

C2ShiningC
Mar 01, 2011 at 10:55 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I'm second guessing the wedding for the opposite reason! We are doing a small, DW, with only our closest family and one friend each. As much as I don't care for most of my family and I didn't want to spend a fortune on a big wedding, I'm worried my FS or I will miss some of what goes with a big family wedding. Yes well, like kk said, too late now!
Maria - how about you?

Married: 01/05/2012
Reviews: 1
Mar 01, 2011 at 10:56 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
same as the others. The subject of a courthouse wedding keeps coming up more and more and sounds a little better each time... of course there's always a "but...." I'm honestly just happy to be engaged at least and I cannot wait to be married to my FH. :)

Betsy
Married: 07/08/2011
Mar 01, 2011 at 11:00 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I got married in a courthouse and we are having a big ceremony/reception in a few months. I LOVE being married and cannot wait for the actual day, It will feel so special in a church in front of our family and friends, but this wedding planning is really starting to stress me OUT!

Married: 03/05/2011
Reviews: 4
Mar 01, 2011 at 11:14 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
NOPE i am soo excited to be marrying my FS but I am second guessing this big wedding. We wanted something small and our families ballooned it into this major production thats became a major HEADACHE. I am in the home stretch and couldnt be happier and people have the nerve to ask about a house warming for the new condo ummmm HELL NO im done planning parties lol

Maria
Mar 01, 2011 at 11:15 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I posed the question because I know two sisters who got all the way to less than 2 months before the wedding and called it off. I'm like wow. I can't imagine getting all the way to the final steps of planning a wedding to just call it off. I know I currently have thousands paid into this wedding. So it would be a huge financial loss. But I guess some circumstances require a "call-off". It's better to call it off before marriage than to have to go through a divorce later.

Mar 01, 2011 at 11:17 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I think it is normal and natural to really think through what the commitment means and evaluate how you both dealt with the stress of wedding planning. If you want to call that second thoughts, OK. A few times when we were both really stressed, I evaluated both of our actions and my feelings. During the situation (none life shattering, just typical family and planning stuff), it bcomes easy to think "there is an easy way out", but after, I realize how strong we are as a couple, how great we communicate and compromise, how amazing my FI is, and I know that the marriage will be wonderful, and wedding planning is stressful for anyone. It also makes me confident that when life gets stressful (sick parents, babies, job losses, whatever), we will be able to handle it because we are handling things now.
So to answer your question, really evaluationg the relationship...yes. Serious second thoughts about it...never.

C2ShiningC
Mar 01, 2011 at 11:19 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Absolutely! I'm against divorce at all costs so better stop it before it's too late.

Married: 10/16/2010
Mar 01, 2011 at 11:20 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I was with Cydni. On more than one occasion I asked DS to see how much money we could get back from the vendors and run off to vegas! That said, everything worked out and we could not have been happier with the way they day turned out. The only thing I would have done differently...make sure the d@mn linen people understand the difference between a bow and ascot. I am now stuck with chair bows in all of my pictures. :-)

Married: 09/17/2011
Mar 01, 2011 at 11:25 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Nope, Im married now, but Second guessing the wedding!!! Could have just taken the money and went on Vaca! But my family and friends werent able to attend our ceremony a couple weeks ago so they all want to see it happen!! :( Florida is gonna be sound REALLY REALLY GOOD in about 3 months!!!!!

Married: 09/01/2011
Mar 01, 2011 at 11:30 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Marrying the love of my life...NO!!!

Getting married at a simple courthouse....I'M DEFINITELY 2ND GUESSING WHY I REFUSED TO DO THAT!!! LOL!!!!!

countrybride*H*
Married: 04/28/2012
Mar 01, 2011 at 11:38 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I'm with everyone else, I'm DEFINITELY NOT second guessing marriage at all, personally me and FH have considered ourself "married" for almost 6 months now, I basically do everything a wife does, take care of kids, cook, clean, do laundry, etc. FH comes over to my house as soon as he gets off work and he leaves at 11(my mom's rules) yes ladies, we don't live together yet... we wish we did, but we don't just yet. Now at first I wanted an outside wedding soooo bad, but once I got to talking to a tent rental company and got prices for only tables chairs and linens... that was enought to scare me out of an outdoor wedding, and that's why we're having a church wedding now. We have a guest list of 200, and I wish that we could cut it, I want to cut it, but FH doesn't want to and he's paying for everything at the moment, so we're keeping it at 200 unless he decides to cut it between now and the time the invitation order is put in and invitations are sent out

Mar 01, 2011 at 5:40 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
no im not its just the planning and everyones opinions...........i cant wait to marry my boo
Login or Signup to post a comment!
«12»

Topics

Vow of Conduct