Anyone know how to edit video- vertical to horizontal?
From vertical to horizontal and horizontal to vertical? Which program is best to use. I am trying to edit our wedding ceremony video my daughter shot, she kept turning the camera :(

Mrs. Jacques
Married: 07/10/2010
Reviews: 5
Posted On: Oct 18, 2010 at 10:54 AM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate1 like

7 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!
Oct 18, 2010 at 11:35 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
When I hear, "I'm just going to have a family member do my video" this is the kind of thing I envision.

Yes, we can try to fix your video but it won't look that great.

We get calls from folks who thought they could save some money by not hiring a pro in the first place.

Bad choice!

Hire a professional videographer.

You'll discover that it's the best investment you'll make for your wedding.

Married: 10/09/2011
Oct 18, 2010 at 11:43 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Wow, incredibly unhelpful response, bigtimeperi. That's really unnecessary.

Mrs. Jacques, what programs do you have access to? In Final Cut Pro, turning the video isn't too difficult, the only problem is that the frame is always wider than it is long, so to fill out the frame, you'll have to increase the size of the video, which diminishes the quality.

I don't have the program in front of me at the moment, so I can't give you specifics, but I can let you know when I get home. It's essentially a key frame issue. Just make sure you put in cuts where you want the video to rotate, because otherwise, you'll end up turning your entire video.

A & M Photo and Video Productions, Inc.

A & M Photos and Video Productions, Inc.
Oct 18, 2010 at 11:55 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Dear Mrs. Jacques, Shana is right. However, if you are not familiar with this video editing software it will take you some time to edit your video. In addition, final cut is very expensive video editing software. I also agree with bigtimeperi, while trying to save some money now you have to expend money in video editing software, training, and a computer capable to edit your video. I would like to suggest to you contact a professional videographer and ask them how much it will cost you to edit your video. This way you will save money, time, and hopefully the final product will be a better one.

Mrs. Jacques
Oct 18, 2010 at 12:00 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I wasn't trying to save money nor did I know my daughter even took a video of the ceremony but I sure am happy now that I have it, its really cute! So I flipped the video to watched on my computer but when I upload the video to youtube its not flipped.

Married: 10/09/2011
Oct 18, 2010 at 12:04 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
How are you watching it the right way on your computer? Through Quicktime? Because if that's the case, try flipping it the way you want and then clicking File -> Export instead of just saving it. This will create a whole new version of the video, and hopefully the flip will stick when it goes on YouTube.

Mrs. Jacques
Oct 18, 2010 at 12:04 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Thank you Shauna. I am just looking online for some software to use. I do have some photo/video software already on my computer but I am not sure if it has the flip feature.

Mrs. Jacques
Oct 18, 2010 at 12:06 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Yes I have Quicktime- Windows Media- I tried and when I flip it the whole video flips instead of each section I need.
Login or Signup to post a comment!

Topics

Vow of Conduct