ANYONE HAVING SOULFOOD AT THEIR RECEPTION????
IF SO,WHATS ON THE MENU?

Married: 09/04/2010
Posted On: Mar 8, 2010 at 2:08 PM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate1 like

23 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!
«12»

Married: 05/22/2010
Reviews: 4
Mar 08, 2010 at 2:14 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I wish!!! At one point I was trying to work it out so I could have caribbean food at the reception but of course that was more expensive than my original plan so the idea was shot down. :-( Whatever you decide, save me a plate! lol

Mar 08, 2010 at 2:24 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I am having my reception at a country club golf course;they have a beautiful scenery.We are having different family members to cook a dish that we know they are good at cooking. We are having bbq,and freshly fried fish and shrimp.Our wedding is labor day weekend---September 4, 2010.

Married: 05/22/2010
Reviews: 4
Mar 08, 2010 at 2:25 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Nice... My soulfood/caribbean food was voted off the island quick. lol. Most venues here don't allow outside food. The ones that do are waaaaaaay expensive.

yadayada
Married: 10/30/2009
Reviews: 5
Mar 08, 2010 at 2:32 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I went to one and they had collared greens, fried chicken, mac&cheese (and randomly, chips and salsa). It was DELICIOUS.

T&M
Married: 2+ years ago
Mar 08, 2010 at 2:42 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I wish I could. I love soulfood better then the food we are having served at the reception. Thats what got me gaining so much weight. Soulfood :)

Mar 08, 2010 at 2:45 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I know.thats why I am having our reception somewhere else.The place where i'm having the wedding is at a local university --it's amazingly beautiful.It's beautiful without any decortions at all.IT'LL hold 300ppl;it has beautiful crystal chandilers,off white marble tiles,cathedral windows and doors.It only cost us $750.The place is very elegant.The reception site has a kitchen ,ice machine,outdoor patio that'll hold about 100 ppl ,a booth for a dj,there re several small white round tables out there;the patio is seperated from the inside by a tinted glass wall,the inside is for a more sophisticated group;it has a dance floor,beautiful dining area with tables and chairs overlooking the golf course and ponds.i chose this location because it fits both of our personalities.NO CHARGE OR RESTRICTIONS AS TO BRINGING FOOD OR BEVERAGES IN.

Mar 08, 2010 at 4:56 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Anyone else;Looking for menu listing.fried corn,collard greens,itallian green beans ham hocks,macaroni and chesse,hawaiin spaghetti,cream of chicken and broclli casserole,...help me out with this please...

yadayada
Married: 10/30/2009
Mar 08, 2010 at 5:02 PM • Flag As Inappropriate

Married: 07/24/2010
Mar 08, 2010 at 5:04 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
We're having a huge variety of stuff. Grilled chicken, ham, roast beef, italian stuffed shells, green beans with bacon & onions, mac & cheese, twice baked potatoes, vegetable medley, spring salad, caeser salad, broccoli & cheese salad (dad picked YUCK), and fruit salad. :) I'd LOVE to have chicken wings, but whatever, lol.

Mar 08, 2010 at 5:10 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
yadayada enough said.I gotta take beanie winnie break.give me a second.nl

Mar 08, 2010 at 5:10 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
No, but that sounds GREAT!

At Last!!!!!
Married: 07/17/2011
Mar 08, 2010 at 7:54 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
candied yams, mac and cheese, collard greens, turnip greens, fried chicken, fried pork chops, corn on the cob, black-eyed peas, cornbread, squash casserole, rice, green baby limas, okra and tomato gumbo, red rice, shrimp salad, chitterlings [if you're brave and ONLY if you know how to clean them or at least trust the person who does], rutabagas, broccoli/chicken/cheese casserole....

Married: 07/31/2010
Mar 08, 2010 at 7:57 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Roast beef and ham,baked potato,italian green beans,broccoli rice casserole,dinner salad,and roll. Yummy.Now i'm hungry.

R&J Salsa-Lovers
Mar 08, 2010 at 7:58 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I am thinking about Soulfood for the Rehersal dinner since we're in Atlanta. There is a nice place here call Mary Macs' Tea Room I think and their food is delicious!

Married: 08/14/2010
Reviews: 6
Mar 08, 2010 at 8:48 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
R&J I LOVE Mary Mac's!!!! Yay ATL! That's where my FH's family had the day-after lunch for his brother's wedding.

At Last!!!!!
Married: 07/17/2011
Mar 08, 2010 at 9:03 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Have you tried the restaurant owned by Glady's Knight? I think it's called 'Glady's Chicken and Waffles'. It's absolutely fantastic and the atmosphere is warm and inviting. The food is inspected as it leaves the kitchen...you would not be disappointed!

R&J Salsa-Lovers
Mar 08, 2010 at 9:08 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Thanks Ashely B. Im gonna put this on my list to bring up to my FH again. He really loved that place, we took my mother their when she was visiting and he never stops talking about it.
Yes- I lhave had Glady's and I loved it. I totally forgot abou tthat place. Thanks At Last!

Married: 05/14/2011
Mar 08, 2010 at 9:16 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I really, really want soul food. We planned out a menu. Collard Greens, Chicken, Mac N Cheese (yummmmmmmy), yam, the works. Then I had some brisket and was like....that's what up. So now I am really on the fence. I gotta decide :).

R&J Salsa-Lovers
Mar 08, 2010 at 9:32 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Ashley B. I believe my photographer lives or is from Dahlongeha ( i totally mispelled that! hehehe)
Eric Delaforce

Married: 08/14/2010
Reviews: 6
Mar 09, 2010 at 12:36 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Really RJ? That is really funny. We live smack in midtown Atlanta, but I lived in Dahlonega until I was 10 and moved to Marietta. That name is familar...he must have been on my preferred vendors list or something. FH did it all; for all I know, he is our photographer, too!
Login or Signup to post a comment!
«12»

Topics

Vow of Conduct