Anyone doing a spray tan before wedding?
I live in AZ so finding sun is no problem but I've already had cancer cut out of my back so I don't want to tan the old fashion way. However, I have "olive" skin so I can look a little green without a tan. Has anyone done the professional spray tan? I watch Bride Wars religiously and am worried I'll look like a traffic cone. HAHA

Married: 04/10/2010
Reviews: 5
Posted On: Dec 27, 2009 at 8:05 PM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate1 like

32 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!
«12»

Traci&Bob
Married: 02/26/2010
Dec 27, 2009 at 8:11 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
My FMIL JUST had this done and to be honest, you couldn't tell and she even got mad at FH for not noticing, so I don't have any advice for you hon, sorry :(

SunSand
Married: 02/27/2010
Reviews: 11
Dec 27, 2009 at 8:30 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
i just had one done.. the only parts that came out "orangy" were my hands, especially in the wrist area and the toes...
so i would advise to be careful with those areas. Since you have enough time to let it wash off I would do a trial session. My photographer said that one bride did come out looking "radioactive" in her own words, one time. She said her dress got stained too...horrible.
Now i had a base tan when i did it so that may have help to not look orange.
Just don't do it without a trial.
let us know how it went.

SunSand
Dec 27, 2009 at 8:31 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
i just had one done.. the only parts that came out "orangy" were my hands, especially in the wrist area and the toes...
so i would advise to be careful with those areas. Since you have enough time to let it wash off I would do a trial session. My photographer said that one bride did come out looking "radioactive" in her own words, one time. She said her dress got stained too...horrible.
Now i had a base tan when i did it so that may have helped to not look orange.
Just don't do it without a trial.
let us know how it went

SunSand
Dec 27, 2009 at 8:33 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
please disregard first one and read second.. :)

Married: 12/10/2010
Reviews: 6
Dec 27, 2009 at 8:59 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
i LOVE spray tans...however, your feet and hands crevises (sp.) especially nail cuticle areas and such will be brighter orange. ive done all of the extra lotion like they tell you so that you dont get it and it honestly doesnt work. i vote no on this before the wedding as it takes a week to get rid of the orange if it happens...

Married: 09/17/2011
Dec 27, 2009 at 9:00 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I have had some friends that had a good spray tan and a not so good spray tan. I wouldn't do it yourself, I would have it done and not get it so dark, just a little color. and I think you'll be fine

Married: 09/10/2011
Dec 27, 2009 at 9:59 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I had it done for a formal dance my sophomore year of highschool and LOVED it. I didn't look orange at all. I do recommend having it professionally done. The tech can suggest what color/tone will be right for you. I also recommend having it done no less than 2 months prior so that you will have an idea of how your skin looks with it done. It will then have enough time to wash off for your wedding. Also make sure you have 3 days between the time you get it done and your wedding so that you can take a shower in between. That should cut down your chances of staining your dress.

Married: 07/03/2011
Dec 27, 2009 at 10:02 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Awesome question Z because I'm thinking I'll have to do the same thing to hide tan lines since I'm getting married in July and it's the middle of summer already!

I know they can change the color of the tan to accommodate each individual, but my question is how long does it last??? Especially since JJ is saying not to have it done more than 2 months prior, but no less than 3 days before.

Dec 27, 2009 at 10:06 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Ok, so questions are How long does it last? How much does it cost to go pro? If you have a trial run you suggest a few months before wedding then the final spray a few days before to avoid stains?

Dec 27, 2009 at 10:16 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
If I remember right mine lasted a little less than a week. But it all depends on how many times in a day you shower. I normally shower every day, maybe twice depending on what I did in gym that day. Also when it starts to fade you will kind of look like a leopard because it doesn't wash off completely, it washes off in some spots faster than others. I think mine was like 40 dollars or so. I suggest doing the trial run that far ahead of time so that you will have time to see what it looks like (make tweaks to the formula, etc) and then let it completely wash off before you get your final one. The suggestion to get it done 2 or 3 days before because you have to wait 24 hours before you can shower. But I do recommend showering before wearing your dress because it will stain if you haven't washed off the excess spray. I think that covered all your questions...:-). Let me know if you have anymore or if I missed something.

Married: 10/09/2010
Dec 27, 2009 at 10:20 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I have had several spray tans and I love them... I dont tan very well otherwise but I would suggest going to a place where they do it by hand with a spray gun and not one where you walk into the machine because your more likely to be streaky that way. Also give it a day or so before the wedding and if they mess up you have time to have it fixed. Ill probably have one done before my wedding too

ladylee
Married: 06/05/2010
Dec 27, 2009 at 10:22 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
i considered it but i am concerned about it staining my gown so i probably will opt to start using a tanning cream a few months prior to the wedding.

Dec 27, 2009 at 10:24 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Ladylee just be careful not to use the cream a few days prior or when you sweat during the day it will stain.

Dec 28, 2009 at 2:37 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Hey are you in Tucson?- if so I have a great place that uses sugar based hand sprayed tan that actually looks real (and i am not a fan of most spray tans). Not orange at all- it only lasts about a week but its pretty cheap so not a problem to keep up on for a season or special occasions

Dec 28, 2009 at 2:44 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
BOMBSHELLS BOUTIQUE on Broadway -

disregard the stripper gear it may seem a little odd at first but the client are about a 50/50 split "dancers" and college students. but I promise it is a friend fun environment and once your appointment begins they are very professional.

Dec 28, 2009 at 3:04 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Thanks, I'm in Phoenix but my parents are in Tucson. I'll check it out. Funny how so many great things are stripper oriented.>8-) Like that store down on 4th that had great boots and pretty dresses. Think it was Kanella's...but it's gone now, I heard. Anyhoo, thanks again!

SunSand
Dec 28, 2009 at 7:02 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I haven't tried the one applied by hand. Mine was done by the walk in machine. The girl gave me a darker shade and an anti aging spray too that it's supposed to help hydrate your skin.
Mine lasted about five days showering every day and costed $35. Shower before you go and then the next day your tan is set in.
If you do it this way just towel off your wrists and toes when you come out. Also depedining on your skin tone have her recommend you a shade.
Again, don't wait until the wedding to give it a try. Try it before.

Unique
Married: 02/11/2010
Dec 28, 2009 at 8:13 AM • 
This post has been flagged by the WeddingWire Community and is now hidden.

Dec 30, 2009 at 12:38 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I found a really great lady in Phoenix who is squeezing me in for a trial make up on New Year's Eve and she's doing my trial spray tan tomorrow!! Yay. And I trust her because I was willing to pay more for the airbrush make up but she gave me her honest opinion about my skin type and talked me into spending less! I'm so excited!! And my FIL's gave me a dress for Christmas that I will wear that night!!! It's cream so it will look great with a tan!

Married: 06/17/2012
Dec 30, 2009 at 12:53 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
my cousin had if done for her wedding, she looked great. You should do a trail though because there are different degrees and my cousin said that if gets darker after a couple hours. So do a trail first to find out how it looks on you.
Login or Signup to post a comment!
«12»

Topics

Vow of Conduct