Announcing an Elopement?
When we get back from our vacation, we'll have to announce our elopement... should I buy cards or something to send out? I don't want it to seem like a soliciation for gifts...and we don't plan on having a reception...so I don't know...I just want everyone to know that it (finally) happened....

Married: 07/20/2009
Posted On: Jul 9, 2009 at 9:16 AM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate1 like

6 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!

Married: 09/12/2009
Jul 09, 2009 at 9:19 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Well, If there are certain people you want to tell I would call instead of sending a card. It just seems cards seem like a solicitation and a call seems like you just want to share good news. You could also put a wedding announce it in the paper to cover more bases.

Married: 06/12/2010
Reviews: 5
Jul 09, 2009 at 9:34 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I would send out a card. It wouldn't seem gift grabby to me. If I wanted to give you a wedding present, regardless of how you told me, I would. Including registry info on the card, however, would look like you just wanted gifts! And make sure to announce it in the paper.

lauren10
Married: 2+ years ago
Reviews: 4
Jul 09, 2009 at 9:51 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
It's the same thing as a baby announcement, right? Just to let people know? I think it's a good idea, and I think you should include a picture from your wedding on it!

Married: 06/05/2014
Jul 09, 2009 at 10:31 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
go for it send them a card. this is you elopement with your fh the hell with it have fun
Jul 10, 2009 at 4:11 PM • 
This post has been flagged by the WeddingWire Community and is now hidden.

Private User
Married: 2+ years ago
Jul 10, 2009 at 4:14 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Yes, definitely send out an announcement! It's up to people if they want to send a gift or not. We're sending out announcements to those people who we weren't able to invite to our wedding. I bought DIY invitations from Michael's and I'm using them for the announcements. Congratulations!!!!
Jul 10, 2009 at 8:25 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I think that sending out an announcement is very appropriate and would be appreciated by family and friends alike. I agree with lauren10, you should include a picture of the two of you on your wedding day.

Best of Luck and many blessings!

JulyBride
Married: 07/25/2009
Jul 10, 2009 at 8:29 PM • 
This post has been flagged by the WeddingWire Community and is now hidden.
Login or Signup to post a comment!

Topics

Vow of Conduct