Alternatives to rice/birdseed/bubbles etc.
I want something out of the ordinary. I don't want rice or birdseed and bubbles are messy. We are planning a Traditional ceremony with Renaissance and mythical touches. Like most people we are on a very small budget. I want something original yet not expensive. Does anyone have a beautiful yet unusual idea for when we leave?

LuckyinLove
Wedding: [Private]
Posted On: Sep 18, 2008 at 4:45 PM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate1 like

10 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!

WeddingPhotosHouston.com
Sep 18, 2008 at 5:06 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Just an idea but, try flaked coconut. It is dry enough, it wouldn't harm the birds, and you can eat it! But the best it would photograph beautifully. www.WeddingPhotosHouston.com
Are you getting married on the North side of Houston?
Tara

KYwedplanner

Every Last Detail
Sep 18, 2008 at 5:17 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Grass seeds are popular and so are rose petals. One time the bride didn't want to spend extra money on rose petals and there were a lot in her centerpieces already so the guests were instructed to grab a rose out of the centerpieces as they went outside before the toss. As they were lined up, the guests were shown how to give a slight twist to the flower to remove the stem. Quickly, everyone had a handful of fresh petals to toss. She didn't spend any extra money and some of the flowers from the reception served a dual purpose.
Sep 18, 2008 at 7:17 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
A balloon release would be awesome! Just an idea.

Married: 09/13/2008
Reviews: 5
Sep 18, 2008 at 7:30 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
For a mythical touch why not sparkley fairy dust. Or fairy ribbons easy to make & the guests just wave them around very very cute. Or a butterfly release but that can be kind of expensive but NOTHING is more beautiful!

Married: 09/13/2008
Sep 18, 2008 at 7:30 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
For a mythical touch why not sparkley fairy dust. Or fairy ribbons easy to make & the guests just wave them around very very cute. Or a butterfly release but that can be kind of expensive but NOTHING is more beautiful!

Married: 04/18/2009
Reviews: 7
Sep 18, 2008 at 9:26 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
you could use sparklers

i am making ribbon wands for our wedding...we spray painted wooden dowels and put tiny screw eyes in the top and are tying satin ribbon through them. send me a message if you want a picture.

also check out my profile on here, it has a link to my knot bio that has my inspiration picture

Married: 10/11/2008
Sep 20, 2008 at 8:23 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
We are using ribbon wands: http://www.myweddingfavors.com/ribbon-wand.html

But we had originally came up with the idea of using sparklers....

I hope this helps.

Married: 02/07/2009
Sep 25, 2008 at 9:10 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
ecoparti.co has biodegradable confetti in lots of colorsit is cheap and pretty too

Married: 2+ years ago
Nov 11, 2008 at 4:03 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
what about dried lavender buds?

Diane M.

Fresh Petal
Jan 23, 2009 at 5:13 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
For a fabulous way to celebrate your exit, always use fresh rose petals!
DeeDee
www.freshrosepetals.com
Login or Signup to post a comment!

Topics

Vow of Conduct