Alternatives to "Bridal March"
Other than the traditional "Bridal March" by Wagner, what could I walk down the aisle to? My bridesmaids are coming in to Canon in D. I'm at a loss as to what to do! My wedding is only about 3 weeks away and I feel like my mind is totally blank!!! ahhh! I need help from my favorite ladies!!

Married: 02/19/2012
Posted On: Jan 31, 2012 at 1:35 PM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate1 like

20 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!

Married: 06/09/2012
Reviews: 3
Jan 31, 2012 at 1:37 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
My aunt got married two years ago and did Canon in D. The organist played the creschendo part when her and her Dad started walking...so the same song, but a different (and more "epic") part! I thought it was really nice

My BMs are walking to Trumpet Voluntary and then the organist is transitioning into Trumpet Tune for my Dad and I

Married: 10/13/2012
Reviews: 7
Jan 31, 2012 at 1:54 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I'm walking to Jambi by Tool. =P

Married: 2+ years ago
Reviews: 6
Jan 31, 2012 at 2:13 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I'm walking to Ave Maria instrumental orchestra :)

Anonymous
Reviews: 5
Jan 31, 2012 at 2:14 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Hey, what's wrong with the bridal march?! ;o) Youtube these:

Air (from Water Music Suite), (George F. Handel)
"Bridal Chorus" (from Lohengrin), (Richard Wagner)
"Canon in D" (Johann Pachelbel)
"Procession of Joy" (Hal Hopson)
"Rigaudon" (Andre Campra)
"Spring" (from The Four Seasons), (Antonio Vivaldi)
"Te Deum" (Marc-Antoine Charpentier)
"The Prince of Denmark's March" (Jeremiah Clarke)
"Trumpet Tune" (Henry Purcell)
"Trumpet Voluntary" (Jeremiah Clarke)
"Trumpet Voluntary" (John Stanley)
"Wedding March"

Married: 11/13/2011
Jan 31, 2012 at 2:15 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I walked to Stoybook Love, from the princess bride. My dj found the piano version and I loved it

Anonymous
Jan 31, 2012 at 2:15 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
"Canzon V" (Giovanni Gabrieli)
"Coronation March for Czar Alexander III" (Peter I. Tchaikovsky)
"Overture" (from Royal Fireworks Music), (George Frederic Handel)
"Promenade" (from Pictures at an Exhibition), (Modest Mussorgsky)
"Romeo and Juliet Love Theme" (Tchaikovsky)
"Sinfonia" (from Cantata No. 156), (Johann S. Bach)
"Toccata" (from L'Orfeo), (Claudio Monteverdi)
"Trumpet Tune in A-Major" (David N. Johnson)
"Sonatas for Organ, Op. 65, No. 3 (con moto maestoso)," (Felix Mendelssohn)
"Winter," Largo, (from The Four Seasons), (Antonio Vivaldi)
"Appalachia Waltz" (Yo-Yo Ma, Edgar Meyer, Mark O'Connor)
"The Vow" (Jeremy Lubbock)
"Wedding Processional" (from The Sound of Music), (Richard Rodgers & Oscar Hammerstein)

Anonymous
Jan 31, 2012 at 2:16 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
^ That should keep you busy!

On another website I saw a bride is walking down the aisle to an instrumental "beauty and the beast" theme song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewfCR-qLeOY
Edited On: Jan 31, 2012 at 2:17 PM

Married: 10/20/2012
Jan 31, 2012 at 2:22 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Do an acoustic/instrumental version of a song that means something to you & your fiancé. I'm walking down the aisle to an acoustic version of "Annie's Song" by John Denver.

Married: 06/30/2012
Jan 31, 2012 at 5:05 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
The whole bridal party down to the flower girl are going to dance down the aisle to "Party Rock Anthem" by LMFAO with a lil of "Shake Senora" when the flower girl goes down...she has this cute lil dance to it...I will then dance half way down the aisle to the end of "Party Rock Anthem" before switching to "God Gave Me You" to finish the walk to the alter with my dad.
Jan 31, 2012 at 7:18 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Kimi has a bunch of great suggestions I often recommend brides to walk down to acoustic, classical or alternative versions of their favorite songs. Have you looked at some of the covers by Vitamin String Quartet? I have had brides walk to an acoustic guitar version of "Over The rainbow" a piano version of Red hot chili Peppers "Hard To Concentrate" and all kinds of personal songs. We have more options today since we have access to such a diverse spectrum of music. I encourage you to ask your DJ/band for ideas.

Jan 31, 2012 at 7:20 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I second Vitamin String Quartet. We are playing this during our cocktail hour. That way we can mix our "alternative" music in for the young people and the older crowd won't be offended.
Edited On: Jan 31, 2012 at 7:20 PM
Jan 31, 2012 at 7:20 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I too have seen the "over the rainbow" and really enjoyed it... but they have to dance a little while the walk.

Married: 04/01/2012
Jan 31, 2012 at 8:15 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I'm walking to 'I promise you'- by the Backstreet boys lol.

I am having the opposite problem, I have no clue what my BP should walk to.

Andrea
Married: 05/05/2012
Jan 31, 2012 at 8:31 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I'm walking to a string version of "Can't Help Falling in Love." When I heard that song, I could see myself walking down the aisle. I think that I got more teary-eyed when I heard that than I have with any other aspect of the wedding planning process.

http://youtu.be/DGvmtYjbNNc

Married: 10/27/2012
Jan 31, 2012 at 8:40 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Kimi thats me!! I'm the Beauty and the Beast bride (or at least the theme song) lol. It's a version by Jim Brickman. It's gorgeous! All Piano. OP if your interested i can try to find the song for you to send to you! :-).

Married: 05/03/2012
Reviews: 1
Jan 31, 2012 at 8:56 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
We hired someone to play the saxophone. I felt like I was beating my head against the wall trying to pick a song out. Then I thought I found one last week and now I decided to let the man play the saxophone and have it be his choice.

I'm starting to stress over all the planning and now I have one less thing to worry about.

Married: 02/17/2012
Jan 31, 2012 at 9:02 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I'm walking down to "When You Know" by Shawn Colvin (:

flo's clone
Married: 1+ year ago
Jan 31, 2012 at 9:02 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
My whole party is walking down the aisle to the instrumental version of Turning Page by Sleeping at last from the Twilight Saga, Breaking Dawn Part 1. If youve seen the movie its when she is walking down the aisle. But the song is long so its perfect for my kids (the flower girl and ring bearer) my MOH and myself to walk to because the song cresends to an awsome part perfect for my entrance!

Married: 02/19/2012
Jan 31, 2012 at 9:04 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Thanks for all of the suggestions! You've all given me quite the list of songs to listen to!! What would I do without all of you beautiful people!??!?!

Wedding: 09/02/2017
Jan 31, 2012 at 10:03 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I really want One and Only by Adele. Was hoping to have a guitarist play it but I think an acoustic version will have to work...

Login or Signup to post a comment!

Topics

Vow of Conduct