All-Inclusive Venues..??
Question: FH & I really want to get married at a mansion downtown that's considered 'all-inclusive' meaning it includes food, cake, dj, photographer, ceremony, cocktail hour, reception..... The whole nine!

We haven't gotten a price yet but I'm wondering is it really worth it? Is it better than getting our own vendors? Cheaper or more expensive?

Anybody have experience with a venue like this?

I will be getting prices soon but I just wanted some opinions....
Thank in advance :)

Danielle
Wedding: 04/18/2015
Posted On: Jun 7, 2012 at 10:39 AM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate0 likes

17 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!

Married: 06/29/2013
Reviews: 5
Jun 07, 2012 at 10:41 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I would think its cheaper to do the all inclusive!

Married: 06/29/2013
Jun 07, 2012 at 10:41 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I would think its cheaper to do the all inclusive!

Danielle
Jun 07, 2012 at 10:43 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Yea, that's what I would think too... And less stressful & time-consuming

Married: 01/21/2012
Reviews: 3
We toured one venue that did that. It was a good price but I didn't like what they offered in terms of centerpieces, nor did I like the idea of just using any DJ. I guess its good if you want a hands-off all-in-one venue but I wanted something that I designed and planned. But, as I mentioned, it was a great price!

Married: 09/21/2013
Reviews: 6
Danielle I've compared prices both ways. Found in my area (NC) its cheaper for us to do all inclusive!

Tiny Dancer
Married: 2+ years ago
Jun 07, 2012 at 10:45 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I used to work at an all-inclusive and it saved couples thousands! Plus it was sooooo easy and stress free for them. That isn't the case for all venues so you should do a little research. Find out who their vendors are and make sure you like their work. Then get a full quote from the venue and find out exactly what's included. Do you get centerpieces only? Or do they include personal flowers? Would you have to upgrade with the vendors separately?

Then do a little research outside of the package. What would it cost to order from someone else? Do they fine you for bringing in outside vendors? Can you pick and choose what you use from the venue? It can be a great way to go, but you have to like what they offer.

Danielle
Jun 07, 2012 at 10:45 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
@Cavan- that's something I need to take into consideration too, the fact that I do wanna personalize and design things myself

Danielle
Jun 07, 2012 at 10:49 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Thank you Patricia.... I am gonna do some comparing really soon!

@Kimberly- I've heard the prices are awesome too, but like you said, I still gotta do some research.... Thank you!

MrsShelton071213
Married: 07/12/2013
Reviews: 6
Jun 07, 2012 at 1:15 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
It saves you the time of having to worry about different vendors.

Wedding: 12/19/2014
Jun 07, 2012 at 1:21 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
We've been looking at All-Inclusive and we love the idea. The ones we've looked into have a very personal touch. You tell them what cake you want, what you want it to look like, what you want your center pieces to look like (sometimes they do have an extra charge if your flowers are not in season or if they are larger then the normal size) but yeah, everything is made to what WE want. We did look at a venue that was All-Inclusive that was SUPER cheap but it was because you basically show up (for the bride that has no imagination) and everything is already set up how they want it to be. We HATED that one. But seriously, they are something to look in to. The typical price for All-Inclusive in my area is $10k and I live in Orange County.

Married: 09/15/2012
Reviews: 11
Jun 07, 2012 at 1:26 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
It's a lot less headache. My venue is virtually all-inclusive...everything except the photgrapher...who I wanted to be this amazing sister I met.....and the DJ...then I found my DJ via friends for $450....

I've been pretty much done planning the big parts of my wedding since we booked the venue lol

Married: 2+ years ago
Jun 07, 2012 at 2:01 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Our venue was all-inclusive except for the cake, photographer and officiant. It was totally worth every dime, and cost about the same as if I'd booked them separately. I still had free reign to choose my menu, linens, flowers (which also were my centerpieces), etc, but the venue handled all arrangements, payments, day-of coordinating, etc. I literally sent them an e-mail w/ what I wanted, and they did all the legwork. The day of, all I had to do was show up, get ready & get married. Our venue made the day so easy for us and our families.

If I had to do it all over again, I'd do it exactly the same way - let someone else do the worrying for you! Planning wasn't nearly as stressful (overall) as it would've been if I had to manage it all. If you love the venue & the vendors they use, go for it! I think in the long run, you'll be glad you did. Good luck!

Danielle
Jun 07, 2012 at 11:27 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I definitely have to do my research because the all-inclusive venue we wanna look at is amazing!

Married: 11/10/2012
Reviews: 7
Jun 07, 2012 at 11:31 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Our venue is all inclusive except for the photographer but they did have a preferred vendor listing. I am here to tell you the time I took trying to find a great photog within budget almost put me over the edge....twice!! If I had to do that for the cake, the DJ, the venue, the caterer.....AHHHH...Not a pretty and TOOOOO stressful. I also saved A LOT of $$$ going the all inclusive route.

Danielle
Jun 07, 2012 at 11:34 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
We are really hoping the all-inclusive works out for us... Sounds good, but we shall soon find out :)

Married: 09/08/2012
Jun 08, 2012 at 6:43 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Our venue offers an all-inclusive package that we are doing, it's been great so far. You may have to pay a little extra if you want to upgrade (we are paying more for the centerpieces) but I think it's been a great value so far.

Married: 09/07/2013
Reviews: 11
Jun 08, 2012 at 10:11 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
We opted not to go for the all inclusive route. It was cheaper for us to rent a mansion and use outside catering. What I realized the big difference was the mansion fee was separate as well as catering and neither charges 28% gratuity.... Out of the 3 AI places we looked at ALL wanted to add 28% gratuity. So it hashed out like this.

$85/pp all inclusive plus 28% gratuity and 6% tax = $8500 + 2380 + 510 = $11,390...

Doing my way, for everything the venue include which was venue, food, dj cake linens...

Venue - $2800 Catering - $3700 - DJ $250 - Cake $600, linens included with catering, my total = $7350! Almost $4,000 difference. Just make sure you see do they automatically include gratuity. Gratuity should be earned in my opinion.
Login or Signup to post a comment!

Topics

Vow of Conduct