Aisle Runner???
I want to paint a monogram on my aisle runner. I've seen the flowery-lacey 29.99 runner at Michaels.Buuut,I love the heart runner from Oriental Trading Co.,but don't like some of the reviews for it.Some gals make it sound like it didn't unroll well & it was sooo cheap it tore! Does anyone know anything about either the Michaels runner or the Oriental Trading runner? TFAI!!!! Kathy (o:

z&k
Married: 2+ years ago
Posted On: Jan 4, 2010 at 12:11 AM • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate1 like

9 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!

Married: 10/03/2009
Reviews: 6
Jan 04, 2010 at 12:58 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Those runners are very thin. You are better off buying yars of fabric and then hemming the edges and stenciling on your monogram. You can also personalize the colors that way more.

z&k
Jan 04, 2010 at 4:03 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Thanks! Bumping......anyone else? Kathy (o:

ladylee
Married: 06/05/2010
Jan 04, 2010 at 4:12 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I agree with analy. I initially purchased a runner from Michael's but as soon as I opened it and saw the quality I immediatly put it back in the packaging and returned it. I bought a bolt of muslin fabric from Joann's. With a 40% off coupon it ended up costing only a few dollars more than the pre-made runner I'd purchased. I plan on monogramming mine as well and will probably just attach some ribbon to the edge or maybe some bias tape. I got the idea from another DIY bride's blog. I'll see if I can find a picture.

ladylee
Jan 04, 2010 at 4:18 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
ok well this bride did hers with a runner from joann's which is pretty consistent with one you would find at michael's or another craft store

Here's a link to her blog: http://roadtotheaisle.blogspot.com/2007/07/diy-aisle-runner.html

This one is made from a length of muslin fabric.

As you can see her aisle was very long so I custom runner would have been very expensive for them. It was featured on Style Me Pretty. Here is a link and in the comments toward the bottom the bride posts a link to her blog. http://www.stylemepretty.com/2008/10/30/diy-project-custom-aisle-runner/

z&k
Jan 04, 2010 at 6:07 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Thanks-that's where I got the idea a couple days ago,from her blog.I'm glad I read her comment postings too,because I saw that one photographer told brides to put the logo 5 ft. from where the b&g would be standing.Not at the entrance top,that way the monogram is in the photos!Good tip!I guess I'm just trying to picture how or what to roll the muslin onto to look as nice as possible.Maybe ask my Joanns to save a bolt roller from one of those home fabric bolts-like those Waverly bolts & then just add a nice white cording.?? Kathy (o:

Jan 04, 2010 at 6:17 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I don't know if this applies to you or not but I would suggest against an isle runner if you are doing an outdoor wedding. I recently watched a wedding video of someone doing an outdoor wedding with a isle runner and the thing not only got trashed and torn from the uneven ground but the bride nearly tripped on it and the sound of shoes walking on the thing was so loud that it interfered with the beautiful music they decided to play.

Married: 09/26/2010
Jan 04, 2010 at 6:22 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
just an idea for the design on your aisle runner....take it to your local shirt printing/embroidery business and see what they can do for you. Just take them the fabric and see if they can either embroider the design you want or heat set it (with a vinyl for fabric). It may be cheaper and less time consuming for you.

ladylee
Jan 04, 2010 at 7:24 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
@ z&k I was thinking of putting mine where we will be standing for that very reason. i hadn't read her comments though. what I did for now is saved an empty roll from wrapping paper. I also picked up a dowel from the craft store. I am considering having it unrolled but draped over this little step thingy up at the front and then the usher can just grab the cord and stretch it out.

ladylee
Jan 04, 2010 at 7:25 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
good idea on the silk screening.

i think if anyone heard shoes making noise on their runner it's b/c they bought a really cheap plastic one. but if the ground is unlevel i would be concerned about it.

glanci
Married: 06/12/1998
Aug 03, 2010 at 5:18 AM • 
This post has been flagged by the WeddingWire Community and is now hidden.

qwer
Married: 12/08/2010
Dec 06, 2010 at 5:28 AM • 

fsdf
Married: 02/11/2011
Feb 05, 2011 at 11:07 AM • 

bing
Married: 03/16/2011
Mar 15, 2011 at 10:39 PM • 
Login or Signup to post a comment!

Topics

Vow of Conduct