Aisle Runner Alternatives--Need Suggestions
So my church has marble floors which means an aisle runner is not allowed (too slippery). I also would have to get someone to clean up any rose petals before we leave for the reception which could be time consuming so that's probably out as well. It's a daytime wedding so candles along the aisles would be a bit out of place. I don't have the money to have bouquets of flowers on every pew although I like that look. I hate tule but like ribbons so that's an option. It's a Christmas wedding so there will be LOTS of poinsettias on the alter and my colors are red with gold accents. Ladies and Vendors, I would love some inexpensive ideas on what to line the aisle with to dress it up a bit. Maybe something with pinecones? Would I still do something with white ribbons or go with red or gold? The pews are a medium/dark colored wood. I'm looking online for ideas but not finding anything too wintery/Christmasy. Help!

Married: 12/28/2009
Reviews: 9
Posted On: Sep 15, 2009 at 11:15 AM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate1 like

9 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!

Sep 15, 2009 at 11:17 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I started putting together an inspiration board with looks that I liked but still not in love with anything yet that will be fast and easy to make AND take off the pews right after the ceremony.

Married: 03/26/2011
Reviews: 3
Sep 15, 2009 at 11:26 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
http://originalrunners.com/index.htm

I found this website that claims they use a non-slip fabric for their aisle runners. Maybe you can use them?

FMS, the barefoot wife!
Married: 2+ years ago
Reviews: 10
Sep 15, 2009 at 11:31 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Hmm..maybe some pew bows in white then every other pew you can put poinsetteas to line the aisle? They don't even have to be real, you can just get some pots from the dollar store, some green floral foam and gold fabric or even paint, paint the pots gold, or cover it in gold fabric and put in fake poinsettas..if you're okay with fake ones, and FYI to make poinsettas go RED you actually put them in the dark, not light

FMS, the barefoot wife!
Married: 2+ years ago
Sep 15, 2009 at 11:32 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
If you did decide to use real poinsetta, you could then in turn use them as center pieces or other decor for the reception,

Sep 15, 2009 at 1:13 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Do you think it would look weird to clip a few red flowers/leaves of the poinsettia off and tie that to bows/ribbons instead of flowers? Maybe wire a few pinecones (the yummy cinnamon scented ones) together to sit under them? Some gold spray paint on a few of them? I'm more inclined to go along with all the church Christmas decorations than to fight it. I'm getting small pine trees (~2-3 ft tall) as gifts for our parents and sisters as wedding party gifts so they can plant them and watch it grown along with our marriage. Maybe I could decorate the six of those and line the beginning and ending aisles with those and they can each grab one on the way out.

Married: 11/14/2009
Sep 15, 2009 at 1:33 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I like the flower, leaf, and pinecone idea. I don't think you need to spray paint them though. Maybe use a wide gold ribbon to line the aisles (draped from pew to every other pew) and have the poinsettia clusters on every other pew. Or you could use red and gold ball ornaments. You could tie a ribbon to the top and gather a few together at each pew. Or you could just do the pinecones. Lol, so many options.

Sep 15, 2009 at 1:43 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
OH, I like the red and gold ball ornament idea too! That's pretty cheap and I could do all of it ahead of time. I'm wondering if in a month or so whether I could just find some medium sized floral picks that have a nice cluster of fake pine branches, pine cones, ornaments, flowers, etc. Then I can just wrap that around the ribbon, drape that ribbon across the pews, with the little cluster sitting on every other pew?

Married: 01/17/2010
Reviews: 7
Sep 15, 2009 at 2:19 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
You could visit the Christmas tree lots and ask if they would give you branch trimmings for free (or maybe really cheap). They trim the branches off the bottoms of the trees so they'll fit in the tree stands so I don't see why you couldn't get some of those and create some pine branch 'bouquets' with the branches and some of your ribbon.
Jan 13, 2010 at 8:44 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Take a look at a Keepsake Wedding Rug. We can make it in any color. In fact you can design your own on our site. It not only makes a great addition to your wedding décor but it will be a nice addition to your home décor. It's where you'll share that first kiss as husband and wife. After the wedding you can hang it on your wall or place it on the floor - there as a daily reminder of one of the most special occasions of your life together.
Login or Signup to post a comment!

Topics

Vow of Conduct