Affordable Wedding Venues in South Florida
Does anyone know of any nice affordable venues for a ceremony and reception in South Florida. My fiance and I are getting married October 20, 2012 and have went from having our wedding here at a mansion which became too expensive to having a destination wedding in Dominican Republic but now realizing some of the people we would really like to come may not be able to and we are now back to searching for venues locally to try to make sure all of our family can come. I am going crazy looking for a venue that is going to be really nice but unique and wont break the bank. Can someone help?? Please!! I am figuring if we dont find something we really like, we may just have to go back to a destination wedding idea which is what we can afford but we would really like for everyone to share the special moment. Thanks all.

Married: 10/20/2012
Posted On: Jul 26, 2011 at 2:04 PM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate1 like

39 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!
«12»

Raptor Bride
Married: 05/28/2011
Reviews: 4
Jul 26, 2011 at 2:05 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
What area Martina? I got married in S. FL and it was spectacular and very affordable.

Jul 26, 2011 at 2:13 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Hey. Any area in South Florida will be fine. We are just in need of something affordable but nice too. Do you have any pictures? What all was included? We are seeing with decorations that pricing goes up. Thats what happened with our first venue. Omg. I feel like I am going to go crazy. LOL. Thanks

Raptor Bride
Jul 26, 2011 at 2:46 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
We got married in Pembroke Pines at the Floridian Ballrooms. I'll pm you a link to my shutterfly account if that's okay?

Jul 26, 2011 at 2:52 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
That would be perfect. Thank you so much. I am going crazy so I appreciate the help.

Raptor Bride
Jul 26, 2011 at 2:58 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I can tell you we had a small wedding of 70 people, and rented their ceremony room and their smaller ballroom. We had a full sit down dinner, open bar, champagne toast, cake included, dj included, centerpieces and linens included. It came to around 5.5k total.

We picked our own photog (who I can recommend if you want) and that was SUPER cheap compared to the one they recommended. Oh and I gave you a link to my fb album instead. There were more pictures of the venue itself.

I'll send you more pictures of the ceremony room and the venue when I get home.

Jul 26, 2011 at 3:04 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
wow!! 5.5k is great. We are looking to actually have no more than 60 people. Keeping it intimate and as small as possible. That is perfect. Thank you so much. If ok, I can add you on fb. Whats ur name? Thank for the help I really appreciate it.

Raptor Bride
Jul 26, 2011 at 3:26 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I sent you the link in a private message. click on my wedding at the top tool bar and you'll see my message with the link to my fb

Jul 26, 2011 at 5:34 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
awesome. ok thanks again. looking now

Raptor Bride
Jul 26, 2011 at 9:21 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
here's the ceremony set up and the sweethearts table at the reception

Raptor Bride
Jul 26, 2011 at 9:25 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
more

Edited On: Jul 26, 2011 at 9:28 PM

Raptor Bride
Jul 26, 2011 at 9:28 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
update with centerpieces

Edited On: Jul 26, 2011 at 9:31 PM

Raptor Bride
Jul 27, 2011 at 7:47 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
bump for martina

Michelle
Married: 10/06/2012
Reviews: 5
Jul 27, 2011 at 9:27 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I have heard the Old Davie School House is affordable for weddings. Don't know whats included but might be worth checking out.

There is also some beautiful parks available. You can only have beer and wine but I think for price its worth it!

Private User
Married: 2+ years ago
Reviews: 6
Jul 27, 2011 at 9:34 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I don't know if this is considered "south Florida" or not, but I went to a wedding at the Marie Selby Gardens (in or near Sarasota) and it was gorgeous. I know the bride and groom made great efforts to save money, but I don't know how much it costs. It's a beautiful indoor/outdoor venue by the water. The pictures were FABulous.

Married: 2+ years ago
Reviews: 5
Jul 27, 2011 at 9:45 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
My venue is at the Delray Beach Golf Club, affordable, with beautiful scenery for pictures and the wedding coordinator on site (Beth Mullen) is AMAZING! Very helpful and takes a lot of stress off of you.
Jul 27, 2011 at 9:55 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
J&R, yes -- the Marie Selby Botanical Gardens are here in Sarasota. It is a beautiful location for weddings. Ceremonies can be held in the large or small gazebos, the mansion, or the hall, under the big oak tree or under the banyan trees, or by the koi pond/waterfall.
Jul 27, 2011 at 10:29 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Hi...I am a wedding planner in South Florida...There are some amazing venues that are not too crazy expensive...do you want ceremony and reception all in the same location? Do you want indoor or outdoor? What type of food do you want? How formal do you want to be for your wedding?

Do you have a total budget for the wedding? Have you started your guest list?

All of these things will play a role in your decisions...

If there is anything I can do to help feel free to email me at jennifer@simplysignificantevents.com

How far are you willing to travel in S. Florida...Miami Dade only? Broward, Palm Beach?

Lots of things to consider...

Jen

Jul 27, 2011 at 10:37 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Thanks everyone for the help and the pics are absolutely gorgeous... i am goi to look into all of the venues and hopefully find something that will work. Planni a wedding is more stress than people realize. We are tryi to keep everything in one location for ceremony and reception. We are looki to have 60 adults and 10 kids. Our total budget is $6000. West palm beach, boca raton ose are all options. We are just looking for something nice where the reception and ceremony can be in one. We are not a fan of beach weddings. So anything like that we are looking for.
Edited On: Jul 27, 2011 at 10:42 AM
Jul 27, 2011 at 2:55 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
My friend had her wedding at the West Palm Zoo and I know she was on a tight budget. You might want to check there as well!

Raptor Bride
Jul 27, 2011 at 4:26 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Martina, we had both at that venue. Like I said, we have 70 people, full sit down dinner, open bar for 4 hours, for 5.5k. I would definitely call over and talk to them :) They're so flexible and REALLY sweet. they include a day of coordinator, cake and dj too!

Old Davie School House is nice, but you have to bring in outside catering, and I'm not sure that you can bring alcohol (if it's an issue) But Martina, If you need any help with the Floridian let me know. :)
Login or Signup to post a comment!
«12»

Topics

Vow of Conduct