Zelo Photography

Value
Flexibility
Marianne
06/28/2014

Seth and Dez were absolutely wonderful to work with! From our initial interview with them, we knew right away, we wanted them to photograph our wedding. They did our engagement photos, too and it just made everything fun and easy going. As for our wedding photos, they were definitely worth the wait. It looked as though they came straight from a magazine, I kid you not! The way they captured every moment of our wedding was absolutely gorgeous. They are awesome and cool, BOOK THEM!

Zelo Photography responded with the following comments:

Thank you for such a great review! As we mentioned before, it was an honor to be a part of your event and a part of your lives. Thank you for trusting us to capture it! :)

1 Review
Recently Married

We LOVED our photos from Seth and Dez. We used them for our engagement session and they were able to provide a very quick turn-around so that we could use a photobook from the session as a sign-in book at the wedding. We received our wedding pictures a few weeks ago and are again thrilled with the results. The quality is excellent and they were a lot of fun to work with. I've already recommended them to friends and will continue to do so.

Services Used: Photography

We love Zelo! We found Seth and Des by looking through blog posts of previous weddings at our venue (Leo Carrillo Ranch in Carlsbad) and thought Zelo's photos were clearly the best. They were classic but also fun, and the colors just seemed to pop out of their photos. We arranged to meet with 3 photographers, because Zelo's prices were a bit more than we had planned for, but especially after meeting with them it was no question who we would hire. Seth and Des are fun people, and made us feel at ease from our first meeting. We ended up hiring them for an engagement session and 8 hours at the wedding, but not doing albums, to save a bit of money there. We could not be happier with our experience. They suggested fantastic locations for our engagement session (balboa park and then a rocky beach in la jolla) and had us laughing and looking our best. We were nervous, but it ended up being fun! Our experience at the wedding was even better. They were organized, on time, and ready to go with our list of "must have photos." Our ceremony start was delayed because of a mishap with another vendor, and they did not miss a beat, using the extra pre-wedding time to get additional photos we had planned for afterwards. They were around but not in the way the whole night, being there when we wanted a group shot, but otherwise keeping a low profile and snapping candids. We really appreciated how before they left they asked us if there were any other photos we still wanted, and waited as we gathered together friends we hadn't gotten photos of earlier. They also set up an AMAZING night shot of us using remote flashes. We got our photos back 4 or 5 weeks after the wedding (so fast!), and LOVE them. The day was beautiful, but their photos REALLY made the day look beautiful. They caught so many moments, from facial expressions during the toasts to moves on the dance floor to artistic details of the venue. Hiring Zelo was seriously one of the best decisions we made for the whole wedding.

Services Used: Photography

When I say "exceeded our expectations", you might think that maybe we didn't have the highest of expectations. However, this is entirely not true! When my husband and I were first searching for a photographer, we found many websites, and Zelo Photography was the first one who made us really feel "WOWed" by their work. We knew they were going to put fourth incredible work. So needless to say, when we had our expectations EXCEEDED, and by a long shot, we couldn't have been happier! We have looked through our wedding photos about a million times over and never tire of it! Their ability to capture the emotion, the feeling, the love, and the energy is incredible, and they do it in a style that will be completely timeless. Their dedicated work ethic and awesome attitudes make you feel 100% comfortable throughout the day and the outcome is TOTALLY worth the wait. Everyone deserves the most beautiful of wedding photos, and I can PROMISE that you will get just that with Zelo.

Services Used: Photography

I met Seth and Dez at the bridal bizarre in downtown San Diego and right away they stood out from other photographers. They were actually listening to me and not trying to pitch any "spiel." When they followed up the next week, it wasn't with an automated message but a personal one that included the specifics we had talked about. My fiance and I were very impressed with their photos. Nothing was cheesy; everything was very classy and had a very warm feeling to it. They were the first photographers we interviewed and they answered all the questions we didn't even know we had, including giving us advice about what to ask other photographers we might be considering. When all the interviews were done, I knew they were my first choice, and Seth and Dez worked with us to come up with a package that would fit our budget. Leading up to the wedding, they were available for any questions and made the whole portrait planning process a breeze. Day of they were very calm and professional, things I had been looking for in a photographer since I knew I would be stressed out and the last thing I needed was a high-strung photographer ordering people around. They captured every important moment with ninja stealth; we never even knew they were there! They worked seamlessly around our schedule, keeping the day all about us. And the end product is superb. We absolutely love all of our photos and haven't yet tired of looking through them all as we share them with family and friends. I highly recommend Zelo to any bride looking for a photography team that will deliver great photos with zero stress.

1+ year ago

Seth and Dez are the best! They are super professional and yet make you feel like you've known them for years!!! They're super fun to work with and their work is amazing!!!

Services Used: Photography

I found Seth and Des at the Bridal Faire in Del Mar, and from the get go, they were friendly, warm, and easy to talk to. More than that, their photos spoke for themselves: beautiful moments that were captured so effortlessly. I was drawn to their albums immediately--other photographers' photos looked as if they were trying too hard with funky colors and hazes. When we set up an engagement session, my now husband and I felt really awkward. We weren't used to posing and never figured out what to do with our hands! ;) Yet, Seth and Des made us feel completely comfortable. Fast forward to our wedding day. It's amazing how despite only spending one other day together, it felt as if we were old friends. There was no awkwardness. We could just be completely ourselves, and Zelo was there to capture it all. Every single person that has viewed our photos has said they're the best wedding photos they've ever seen. We have great moments with family, friends, and most importantly, each other. Seth and Des really captured the feelings of the day. We have a great amount of candids, which we will treasure always. Definitely snag Seth and Des as your photographers while you can. We will definitely be calling them in the future when we add kids to the mix! :)

Services Used: Photography

I cannot speak anymore highly of Zelo Photography! Seth and Desiree were absolutely AMAZING to work with. My fiancé and I flew out from Chicago to San Diego to do our engagement session and we had no idea what to expect. They were very good with communicating with us in planning on where to meet and what not. Oh, and might I add that our photos turned out INCREDIBLE. I recommend them to EVERYONE. You will not be disappointed!!! Thank you so much for everything!! :o)
-Courtney & Josh

Services Used: Photography

Seth and Desiree were great!!! The pictures came out amazing and I could not be happier with them! They were great with our big wedding party and made the entire process so enjoyable. I would definitely recommend them! You will not be disappointed!

Services Used: Photography

We were blown away by Seth and Desiree of Zelo Photography. They were recommended by our coordinator and we could not have been happier or delighted. they were flexible and FUN! They did a lot to reduce the stress and make us feel comfortable in front of the lens. Our photos came out better than I could have ever hoped. We are not spring chickens so I was really nervous...but we looked fabulous and their eye for a good shot is modern and very creative. I would recommend them without hesitation to anyone!

Services Used: Photography

I met Seth & Desiree at the Bridal Bazaar in Del Mar. I actually approached them because they were the only booth at that show that weren't attacking me when I walked by and telling me what I had to have for my wedding. Choosing them for our photographer was by far our best decision! They made me and my now husband feel so comfortable, most of the time you didn't even notice they were there taking pictures.
Our wedding was probably the hottest day of the year and they were still running all around trying to capture the best shots.

I have many friends that were disappointed w/ the photographer at their weddings and I honestly can say that I don't have a single complaint. I highly recommend them to anyone that is looking for an amazing photographer.

1 Review
2+ years ago

When booking our wedding photographers we were looking for someone that would capture our day in a unique and artistic way. What we did not expect was that this fun and playful couple would also add to the joy of our day. We enjoyed every minute with them and have the stunning pictures to last a lifetime.

Services Used: Photography

We feel so lucky that we had the opportunity to work with Seth and Desiree of Zelo Photography for our engagement and wedding photos! Seth and Dez are two of the nicest people in the world, and they were responsive, flexible, professional, easy-going, and lovely throughout the whole process. At our engagement shoot in San Francisco, they instantly made us feel comfortable and laid-back in front of the camera. Our engagement photos were incredible--they so perfectly captured our personalities and love--and we had a wonderful time shooting with Seth and Dez. We recently received our wedding photos and, like our engagement photos, they are breathtaking. Seth and Dez captured us, our loved ones, and the spirit of our wedding day so authentically, beautifully, and thoughtfully. On our wedding day, they were gracious, kind, and attentive. When we look through the photos, we see the overwhelming, incredible emotions of the day reflected and we are transported back to our special day. We will treasure both sets of photos for years to come, and we feel so grateful to have had the chance to work with Zelo.

Services Used: Photography

I truly can't recommend better photographers. Years ago, a friend used them for her wedding, and I remember being in awe of the pictures returned to her. Within a day of getting engaged, we had a couple of flexible wedding dates in mind, and Zelo Photography was our first call. I knew I absolutely had to use them. Such a delight to work with, responded immediately to (MANY MANY) questions I had, and really helped me with the planning process. They came from San Diego to Arizona in the middle of a HOT summer, and were fabulous. They were such good sports despite 100+ degree temperatures, joking, helping us relax, and have a great time. Even when I had a dress/hair mishap, Dez was the one to help me out and troubleshoot!! By the end of the night, they honestly felt like friends, such a pivotal part of our big day. When our pictures came back, they blew our impossibly high expectations out of the water. They beautifully captured the wedding details, our candid moments, expressions, and the love shared by us, our family, and wedding guests. Absolutely breathtaking photography, which did our memories justice of the all-too-fast wedding day. It was the best decision we made :) I have four younger sisters and a younger brother who will get married someday, and without a doubt, will use Zelo Photography. Can't wait!!!

Services Used: Photography

My husband and I LOVE LOVE LOVE Zelo Photography. They are a dynamic duo. They were a referral from a family member and now they are the people we refer. The are so great and make you feel so comfortable. Our photos are so beautiful, creative and so elegant. We would HIGHLY recommend them to any one.

Services Used: Photography

Zelo Photography (Seth & Dez) are simply the best! I cannot express to you have amazing they are. They were a referral from my sister who was wed a year prior to me, and after seeing how stunning her photos turned out I HAD to use Zelo! From their organization from when I first contact to book with them, to the day of the wedding getting all my family together for photos along with getting such special moments between me and my husband, they made us feel so comfortable. And they made us look so glamorous! Because of their ease and confidence my husband and I were able to take fabulous photos. I would HIGHLY recommend them to ANYONE getting married.