Yoj Events

Yoj Events

fabulously flawless.

60 Calhoun Street
Charleston, SC 29401 | map
Weddings: Civil, Destination, Double Weddings, Eco-Friendly / ...
Services: Full Planning, Partial Planning
Quality of Service:
Responsiveness:
Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
(5.0 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

YOJ Events, and particularly Emily, were essential in making our big day personal and seamless. We could not be more pleased with the end result--a perfect wedding weekend! Emily added small touches that tied our welcome reception and wedding events together seamlessly. Our guests are still (10 days later) raving about what an amazing weekend they had in Charleston!

• Wedding: 11/08/2014
Services Used: Lighting & Decor, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning
Kristina
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I truly cannot speak more highly of Katherine Miller and the entire YOJ Events staff. From the very beginning, Katherine was a pleasure to work with and captured my complete vision of our wedding. Being a destination wedding, she was so attentive and responsive to each and every email and phone call. Our wedding was the most beautiful event and so special and it was all thanks to Katherine and her staff. The entire planning process was so easy and stress-free thanks to her. I cannot wait to work with her again in the future someday and recommend YOJ Events to each and every bride looking for a sweet, friendly, knowledgeable and extremely talented event planner :) Thanks so much girls!

A. Michalski

• Wedding: 10/11/2014
Alyssa
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Aside from my groom, working with Katherine Miller to plan and execute my big day was one of the best decisions I made for our wedding. Katherine is amazingly intelligent, organized, knowledgable, and helpful and over the course of the year we worked together she became a really good friend to me. When I came to her at the beginning of our process I had so many crazy ideas for our wedding and the design and decor and she helped me focus, and refocus, and refocus my vision and indecision until in the end it came out more beautifully than I ever could have ever imagined. In the weeks leading up to the wedding when I should have been most stressed I was so thankful to know Katherine was working diligently behind the scenes confirming all our vendors and even helping take a few last minute projects off my plate. On the wedding day itself Katherine's talents and amazingness shined the most. She traveled back and forth all day between our reception venue, the church, and the hotel where we were getting ready making sure everything and everyone was taken care of. Whether it was helping put on the groomsmen boutonnières, sewing up my dress when the bustle buttons broke, making sure the whole wedding party including five children was ready on time, or calming my last minute control freak nerves, Katherine seemed to be everywhere at once and have everything under control. Our ceremony and reception started on time and I have received compliments from numerous friends that it was the only wedding they had ever attended to start precisely on time. When we made it to cocktail hour Katherine had a pair of flip flops waiting for my sore feet and patiently stood with me holding my shrimp and grits glass to make sure I got a bit of substance in my stomach before drinks. She was never an overwhelming presence, but at just the right moment she would show up and subtly update me on the schedule. There is not enough space in this review for me to say all the good things!!

• Wedding: 08/31/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I worked with Katherine Miller and she made everything amazing. I just relaxed, got primped up and let the show begin. She was all over the place all day, this company works extremely hard to make your day special, and everything you want it to be. YOJ also provided our lighting and draping and it was AWESOME. Thank you YOJ!!

- Andrea Salemi and Luke Robertson

• Wedding: 08/30/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I absolutely LOVE Yoj events! From the first day I met them, I felt comfortable and excited and ready to start planning. They're the most amazing women who go to all lengths to ensure your big day is exactly what you have been dreaming about. They went venue hunting with me; flower shopping with me; and even cake tasting. Planning a wedding away from your close friends and family is hard and stressful but Yoj made me feel right at home. Especially Emily;) I love her! They kept all lines of communication open and made sure they were all on the same page. They were able to handle my father and finances, that alone is a conquer in itself! I cannot say how amazing they are and how truly blessed I was to find them! They are incredibly knowledgeable in every area-from flowers to cakes to picking out groomsmen attire-they're truly fabulous. I highly recommend using them-even if it's just a partial service, they will blow you away. LOOOOOOOOOVE THEM!

• Wedding: 08/23/2014
Services Used: Band, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, Entertainer, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Invitations, Lighting & Decor, Officiant, Photography, Transportation, Travel, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
Justyn
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I cannot say enough wonderful things about all of the ladies at YoJ!!! They turned our dream wedding into a reality. Every detail was absolutely perfect and went off without a hitch. I know they were working with several brides through out our planning but they really made me feel like I was their only one. Planning the wedding was a blast for both my fiancé and I. At the wedding everything was perfect and things just seemed to magically happen. Both my parents were incredibly impressed with the entire event and were so happy at the level of care and attention the entire staff paid. Both of our families are still raving about how our wedding was the best they have ever been to. I knew it would be and had complete faith in them which let me relax and enjoy the day. Every step of the way was a joy and they made sure to not only keep our vision but enhance it. Thank you Emily and Candice. If you are looking for a wedding planner stop your search and look no further.

• Wedding: 02/08/2014
Services Used: Band, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, Entertainer, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Favors & Gifts, Flowers, Invitations, Party Supplies, Photography, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
Elizabeth
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Candice is so much more to us than a "wedding planner" - she was there with us every step of the planning process as a creative mind, a friend and even a therapist when needed! :) I don't know what we would have done without her! Candice has an incredible gift of taking a bride and groom's vision and expanding upon it and refining it through every last beautiful detail. Our wedding truly felt like a dream...and Candice worked so very hard to make that happen for us, going above and beyond her call of duty in every element of the planning. She handled all of our logistics and details professionally and gracefully all the way to the day of our wedding - when she was 8+ months pregnant doing set up under the sun in the middle of a field! Our wedding was more perfect than we could have ever imagined and we'll be forever grateful that we had Candice and the amazing Yoj team by our side.

• Wedding: 10/05/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Candice and her team at Yoj are the best of the best!!! I started my wedding planning a little late in the game so I had been hearing from most people that it would be impossible to get everything I wanted for my wedding day. After my first meeting with Candice my worries were completely gone. She was SO positive and reassuring that I knew after meeting with her that my wedding day was going to be everything I dreamed of and more, and it was!! Candice thought of every single detail and was there to help me with anything and everything I needed throughout the entire process. Not only did they deliver to us our perfect wedding they were such a pleasure to work with. I can't say enough good things about Yoj and I will never be able to fully express my gratitude to them for all of their support, guidance and dedication during the wedding planning process!! I would HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend them to all future brides, they are truly one of a kind AMAZING!!

• Wedding: 05/19/2013
Lo
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our day wouldn't have been the same with the help of Yoj!

Never expected so much support (and so many decisions on our part!) leading up to and managing our wedding day. We ended up having an all-day event, buy Yoj didn't let us down!

I'd recommend Yoj, with no reservation. Don't look further!

• Wedding: 05/11/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

YOJ did a wonderful job in helping to decorate the Conservatory at Magnolia Plantation for our wedding and reception. Though we never met in person with YOJ representatives, we felt as if we were receiving personal attention. They really did a great job in working with our wedding planner and the other vendors.

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Services Used: Unique Services (Other)
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Candice was a pleasure to work with and made sure that our wedding was everything that we had dreamed of and more.

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Anonymous
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Caren and I simply cannot express just how thankful we are for Candice and her team's efforts throughout our entire wedding planning journey. You all for us, were truly heaven sent. Your dedication, guidance, patience, and attention to every detail unequivocally paved the way for our storybook day. We are forever grateful to have shared this experience with such a compassionate, kind, and creative group! Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for truly making our wedding the "Best Day Ever".

• Wedding: 10/06/2012
Modibor
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Candice is the very best of the very best!!! You should thank your luckiest stars if you're able to secure her services, &/or ANY of the Yoj representatives. In addition to making me feel valued and important, I was also made to feel the validity of our day was valued & of the utmost importance, too. Not only did she restore my faith in the service industry, she restored my faith in people. Yoj/Candice did all the yucky homework/research in fulfilling my/our vision via maintaining our budget. Thanks to Candice, I was able to keep the last shred of sanity! She is a DREAM!!!! Several of my friends/guests specifically made comments about how great Candice was. She had her hands full with a select few in my wedding party & she managed to keep me calm. I ADORE Yoj & am emotionally indebted! I fear you will regret choosing any other wedding planner!!

• Wedding: 08/18/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Candice and the ladies at YOJ are- as the name says- fabulously flawless. From Skype meetings to emailing me samples of fabrics, decor, etc, to coordinating EVERYTHING so i dudnt have to worry about it, Candice was perfect and really attentive to my style. Such a blast to work with- she's amazing, you won't be disappointed!

• Wedding: 08/05/2012
Services Used: Lighting & Decor, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I don't know what I would have done without Candice and Yoj! Based on a few details I told her I wanted for my wedding, she was able to come up with so many wonderful ideas. So many people said how beautiful everything looked. Candice is so great about responding to emails in a timely manner and answering any questions you may have (and I had a lot)! I would absolutely recommend Yoj to anyone who needs a wedding planner.

• Wedding: 07/21/2012
Services Used: Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Candice and her team at YOJ did a wonderful, more-than-was-expected job. Candice went above and beyond to work with us, being that we did not live in Charleston. She has impeccable taste, and provides excellent reassurance when you need it most. Her staff is just wonderful, on top of every detail. You will not regret choosing YOJ for your event!

• Wedding: 07/07/2012
Services Used: Band, Beauty & Health, Ceremony Music, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Party Supplies, Transportation, Travel, Unique Services (Other), Videography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
CeeCee
843-614-3413
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire
Schedule Appointment