Wunderland Banquet Hall

Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
04/25/2015

Even though we planned to have the ceremony outside under the gazebo the weather did not get the memo; the staff of Wunderland moved it inside in front of the dance floor and it was still BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Alisa
03/28/2015
2.8

It is a very nice hall, I really wanted the hall. We had some important things that had came up and Lori wouldn't work with us whatsoever. We wanted to change the date. We couldn't do that unless we lose all of our money and would have to start all over in paying her. So we kept then at the reception I was suppose to get my $750. Deposit back and we found out that we are getting $300. She put up 2 more tables so she charged us for that. She claimed we went over but we didn't. I told her most people didn't eat and lots of people we invited couldn't make it so we. Replace. She stated it didn't matter if they was in the hall it was a charge. I wish I would've known that I would told everyone to eat. Also u can't take food left home. It's crazy. Yes very nice hall but not worth that. Folks go with reception hall way better. Also they charge at age 2 and up reception charge at age 5. I will never used that hall again for anything.they charge for everything. You chips and pretzel was $60.

Wunderland Banquet Hall responded with the following comments:

This review completely contradicts the email that Alisa sent to Wunderland on Monday following her wedding reception. The email Alisa sent said "We want to thank you for all you done for us. I really appreciate it all. Thank you for the beautiful hall. It's amazing. The food was awesome too. My birthday is in April. I'm thinking of a party. I would love to have it there. Thanks again Lori. I will recommend this hall and I will post on fb, your site, anywhere. I love this place and you help make my wedding awesome" - Sent from my iPhone on 3.30.15 @ 10:30 am. Wunderland worked with Alisa as her important things came up. Wunderland's policies are clearly stated on the contract, in the information packet and online. The terms were agreed upon when the contract was signed. Alisa knew more guests attended her reception than she expected. When she arrived she said there were not enough seats for everyone and that more seating was needed, so we added another table of 8. We waited for all of the guests to get seated before adding another table of 8 which was also filled. Lori even mentioned to Alisa that the staff was passing out many extra place settings and a 2nd additional table was set-up and the bride said no more as she knew extra guests equals extra cost! As the contract states, "Should the final "in attendance" guest count be larger than estimated, we shall do all we can to accommodate them. An additional charge based on the number of extra guests will be made." Wunderland had to deduct for the 16 additional guests from their deposit which is not usually the case. Most reception sponsors pay for the additional guests at the end of their event. It's unfortunate that we received this review after we notified the couple of the additional charge for their 16 extra guests on that same Monday afternoon. The whole point of a contract is that both parties are in agreement to the terms and abide by them.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths

They are friendly have great tasting food very helpful with everything I'm glad I chose them for our special day

Wunderland Banquet Hall responded with the following comments:

Thank you Paul! We are glad you chose Wunderland too! Congratulations and best wishes to you and your wife.

Recently Married

Wunderland was simply WONDERFUL!!! I could not have asked for more on my special day.

Wunderland Banquet Hall responded with the following comments:

Thank you. So happy your experience at Wunderland was WONDERFUL on your special day!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Chris
09/27/2014

★★★★★ We had no clue about what we were looking for in our wedding but after looking at many places from the East to the West Wunderland was a true God-send.
From DJ to wedding Official, we needed everything on a budget and had no idea where to start.
Thanks to Lori and her experience in the industry, our wedding was everything my beautiful bride wanted and everything went very smooth. We were complimented multiple times about the food and atmosphere and it was all at a great price compared to other local competitors.
We would highly recommend Wunderland as your wedding and reception location.

Wunderland Banquet Hall responded with the following comments:

What an awesome 5 star review!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you! Please continue to spread the good word about Wunderland. Hopefully, you will be at Wunderland as a guest again soon.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning
Stephanie
09/27/2014

The night was perfect. The staff was more than helpful. Everything went as planned and we could not have had a more perfect wedding day.

Perfect!!! Thanks Stephanie!

Jennifer
09/13/2014

My husband and I just had our wedding reception there and absolutely loved everything. Lori set everything up just the way we wanted it, the food is amazing and the staff is wonderful! They made everything go smoothly!

Wunderland Banquet Hall responded with the following comments:

Thanks Jen!! We are so happy you loved everything :) Best wishes to you and Joey!

Sandy
09/06/2014

Lori was fantastic to work with on the Wedding this past weekend. I had emailed her late the evening before the wedding to say that one of the tables needed to have 2 additional chairs added to them. Working with Lori I knew that I didn't need to check up on things. When we arrived at the hall everything was completely done. Kudos to the chef for the fabulous food and the staff as well.

Wunderland Banquet Hall responded with the following comments:

Thank you for choosing Wunderland. It was great working with your family again. It's always an honor when Wunderland is chosen, especially when it's for another member of the same family. Hope Jason & Jodie, Adam & Breeze and Karen & Doug are all enjoying married life!!

Kendra
08/16/2014

we were pleased with everything,food was great,it was all just absolutely beautiful,inside and out.

Wunderland Banquet Hall responded with the following comments:

Thank you Kendra! So glad you were pleased with everything :)

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Wedding Planning

Wunderland was a wonderful choice to host our wedding! My husband and I both agreed from the beginning Wunderland would be a great place to host our guests. It was big and open, beautiful scenery, the food was amazing, and the staff there was outstanding. Lori, the event manager, went over and beyond to fulfill my expectations of what I wanted our reception to look like. She listened to every detail and put in so much work to make things the way I wanted them. She was great to work with and the night of the wedding all the staff members were great! We highly recommend Lori, her staff, and Wunderland to host any event you may be planning! Thank you again to the staff at Wunderland for making our night so wonderful!!

Kelly and Josh Mason

Wunderland Banquet Hall responded with the following comments:

Thank you Kelly and Josh for the wonderful review and future recommendations. It was nice working with you. Hope you are both enjoying married life!

mary
01/25/2014

I would highly recommend this hall to anyone who is planning a wedding or any other occasion. The food was outstanding as well as the service. Its a beautiful hall for all occasion.

Wunderland Banquet Hall responded with the following comments:

Thank you very much! It's greatly appreciated.

Michael
10/19/2013

What made my wife and I chose Wunderland was that they were extremely flexible and cost effective. Lori couldn't have been more professional and helpful with every aspect of our planning. We got the Grandour package and the food was absolutely amazing! That's all I heard from our guests the entire night.

Wunderland Banquet Hall responded with the following comments:

It was great working with both of you! Thank you so much for the thank you card you mailed as well as this nice review. It is greatly appreciated. Best Wishes Michael & Melissa!

1+ year ago
2.9

I LOVED the venue. I LOVED the food. What I didn't love, however, was the attitude I got from the manager Lori, any time I had a question or any time I wanted her to work with me on something. She never smiled. She was short and rude. And probably the worst thing, was that she didn't even speak to me on our wedding day. NOT A WORD. We were there for 4 hours and she couldn't say "congratulations" or even "hello"? Especially when I paid her the amount of money I did. Which also brings me to the food. Way overpriced for what you got. And we had a ton left over, which just got thrown away. And also, it rained on our wedding day. But it stopped about an hour before the wedding started. Instead of calling me to ask me if I wanted to move it inside the banquet hall (which she didn't), the staff just went ahead and set it up inside and it was like that when we arrived in the limo. My DREAM was to have it outside, and she couldn't even bother to call me and see what I wanted.

Wunderland Banquet Hall responded with the following comments:

We are glad you LOVED the venue and that you LOVED the food. Unfortunately, your 10.19.13 afternoon wedding ceremony and reception was several months ago & this is the first time we are hearing about this!! This review came as a shock & we weren’t even sure who the private user was until we did some more research. Lori meets with each couple and goes above & beyond with suggestions (such as the rose favors you made for your guests) and setting up for each event. She met with you a few times & exchanged several dozen emails with you. You attended a couple of Wunderland’s buffets open to the public & even choose the pork which wasn’t part of your package because you liked it at the buffet. Wunderland had enough food for all of your guests. Wunderland’s policy is that no food items may leave the premises except the cake which was clearly stated on the contract you signed. Obviously, Wunderland has no control over the weather. The back-up plan in case of bad weather is always discussed in advance. After setting up your fall leaf garland around the gazebo (at no charge), it started to rain so much so that the dye on the garland came off & the deck had to be scrubbed. It takes time to set-up 81 chairs with covers/sashes for the ceremony. We can only wait so long & a decision has to be made based on the back-up plan previously discussed. We make every effort to give the couple the wedding of their dreams. We cut it so close on this particular day waiting for the weather to clear up, that we were still tying sashes as people were arriving. If you felt that it cleared up enough for your ceremony to take place outside, we could have moved a few chairs outside for parents/grandparents. We moved the garland decorations to the head table as requested. We make an effort to talk to each couple/parents at some point without being intrusive on their special day. Lori talked with the Groom before the ceremony started and he was pleased with the set-up.

Tj
09/20/2013

The entire staff at wunderland was fantastic and very professional. They were a key part in how the night went and they night went perfect. Thank you too everyone at w underland

Wunderland Banquet Hall responded with the following comments:

Perfect... love it!!! Thank you!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Lori and the staff at Wunderland did a great job at making our wedding look amazing. Not only did the hall look great but Lori made sure everything went smooth. She gave us great suggestions and let us use their center pieces which I got many compliments on them. Their website gave referrals for cakes, DJ and photographer and we used their recommendations and it was all just perfect! The Wunderland is the best banquet hall I've seen by far!

Wunderland Banquet Hall responded with the following comments:

So glad you had a wunderful experience at Wunderland and with the vendors! Please spread the good word.

gail
06/01/2013

The Wedding was a total success, thanks to Lori and her staff. Everything was done to perfection.
I could not have asked for anything better. The tables looked great, no line at the bar, and the food was exceptional. Quests commented that it was the best "wedding food" that they have had.
Thanks again, to Lori and her staff. They are the best.

Gail Carmosino

Wunderland Banquet Hall responded with the following comments:

Thank you! Krista and Kevin's reception was so much fun to work. We are glad your guests enjoyed it too.