Reviews (10)
Flexibility:
 (4.6/5.0)

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  5.0
My granddaughter got married at Woodloch Pines in August. Having worked in the food industry all my life she asked me to help her with a Venue. I cannot say enough about Woodloch. It was so perfect. The setting was so beautiful to make her very special day wonderful. This all happened without any problems at all due the Wedding Co-ordinator Cara. Nothing but outstanding. The food and the service was outstanding. If you choose Woodloch Pines you will not be disappointed.
Wedding: 08/10/2013
3.8/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  3.0
  • Professionalism:  3.0
  • Flexibility:  3.0
I had spent Thanksgiving at Woodloch for several years as a child. When I found out they did weddings I could not have been more thrilled! The staff at Woodloch, as always, were very kind and accommodating. The food was outstanding, the cake was delicious and the view of the lake is unbeatable. Woodloch is truly a gem.

My real gripe was with the wedding coordinator. Though all worked out in the end, I was dissatisfied with the level of service provided by my coordinator. I had read other reviews on Wedding Wire and really should have listened and requested another coordinator from the get go. E-mails questions were half answered, the confirmation of payment letter was sent to an old address (which was updated via e-mail - clearly not a method of communication that works for this person) and the details of my wedding day really were not finalized until a few days beforehand - not a good feeling for someone who is about the get married.

The icing on the cake was during my actual reception when our wedding coordinator noted to my husband and I that we "didn't discuss how we were going to handle the bar tab" for our extension that we added on to our reception. Incredibly unprofessional and frustrating, as that was a matter that could have been discussed when we were writing out the final payment check to you the night before at our rehearsal!!!

In addition to extending our reception, we set up a bonfire for our guests after the reception with s'mores and drink service. While this was lovely, it would have been nice for the staff to actually come out and take drink orders as was noted to us during the booking process - our guests also had to stoke the fire that was almost out before any guests got outside.

Overall, the day was beautiful and the actual staff members were lovely. Food was fantastic, and you get quite the bang for your buck at this venue. If my coordinator was not part of the mix, I would have given 5 stars.
Wedding: 04/13/2013
Services Used: Wedding Cake, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My husband and I wanted a winter wedding. But, I was dead set on having it in Vermont (I wanted snow!). My cousin had attended a wedding at Woodloch the June before we got engaged, she thought the place was amazing, and suggested we look there. I caved as I knew the chances of us having snow in the Poconos was pretty high as well. When we saw the two rooms where our ceremony and reception took place, we fell in love. The rooms over look a beautiful lake, and we knew it would be amazing in the winter. Their packages were reasonable, and they had so many different options to choose from. A year or so later, on our wedding day, we knew we had made the right choice. Cara, our coordinator, made sure everything was perfect for us. She emailed back and forth with me for a year, answering every question we had. Our families had rented the houses at Woodloch Springs, so Friday night we had food catered to the houses, and Sunday we had a brunch at their Clubhouse. Saturday was the wedding, and the staff was absolutely amazing. And the food was delicious. Everything was truly perfect. We have no regrets booking Woodloch, they hosted a beautiful wedding weekend for us, and we can't wait to go back!
Wedding: 01/12/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
When we first went to Woodloch to scout wedding venues, the first impression we had was of it’s beautiful and diverse grounds. In the Poconos this locale is one of the prime locations for a magical destination wedding. The lake site ceremony site was a picturesque location. The dinner hall and dining room was a perfect size and supplied a wonderful banquet. Booking with Woodloch was easy and surprisingly very affordable. I looked at many other locations before choosing Woodloch and I discovered their prices to be reasonable for a destination wedding. Woodloch rented my family houses at great prices right on the resort. We were overwhelmed at how amazing these houses were. The process of planning the wedding was a very stressful at times for us, but the staff at Woodloch went above and beyond to ensure that dealing with them was stress free. The staff walked us though our options and really showed a genuine interest in making this wedding amazing. Our guests loved that Woodloch ran a shuttle service from the wedding to the ceremony to the housing complex. This gave the guests the option to enjoy the open bar and not have to worry about how to get back to their houses. The day after the wedding, we hosted a brunch for our guest. After the brunch most of the guests stayed and enjoyed the activities available on the resort. My new wife and I loved taking out a two person kayak with all of our family members. Over all, we had an amazing wedding thanks to the impressive staff and facilities at Woodloch.
Wedding: 05/18/2012
4.7/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.5
  • Professionalism:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  4.5
We were married at the Inn at Woodloch during May 2011. Overall, we were thrilled with the entire event. We had a Saturday wedding starting at 11:30 am by the lake. The ceremony set-up was as we had discussed.
We had the Smorgasbord Reception with the Premium bar. Our guests were thrilled with the food and the open bar. After we got home, we had several guests comment on the quality and variety of food offered. We also ordered appetizers for the cocktail hour. The appetizers were fantastic. A tray of appetizers was assembled for the bridal party and family as we were taking photos. A server was also available to take drink orders. During the meal, my husband and I had a personal server available to get food for us from the Smorgasbord. At the end of the meal, the food left on the table was boxed up for us to enjoy later in the evening. Also, we got a few pieces of cake to eat later since we didn’t get much during the reception.
The cake was excellent. Although, the top layer that was sent home for our first anniversary was a little big (about 9”). We cut a few pieces to freeze and shared the rest with friends.
As the bride, I had a few brief moments of frustration with the on-site wedding coordinator. I emailed the wedding coordinator a few minor changes to our initial plan, and the wedding coordinator did not make these changes to our plan without additional reminders. Also, I had a hard time working out the seating chart with the wedding coordinator. My preferred method of communication is email; however, I am not sure the wedding coordinator was completely comfortable with this. All the issues were quickly addressed and resolved. On the weekend of the wedding, the wedding coordinator helped ensure the day went perfectly. I did not worry about a thing.
Overall, I highly recommend Woodloch for your wedding. My husband and I live out-of-state. We were thrilled with the “one-stop shopping” for the planning. The ceremony venue, reception venue, catering, and cake were all addressed with one decision. The wedding coordinator even provided a list of recommended vendors we used to find photographer, dj, and florist.
Wedding: 05/07/2011
3.5/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.0
  • Responsiveness:  2.5
  • Value:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  3.0
My wedding was beautiful, the location and weather were fantastic. The food was great, we did the buffet option with open bar. Our guests still talk about a great weekend. We held our own rehearsal dinner there the night before and it felt like a mini vacation for most of our guests. The option to stay in a house was great, especially since it cost the same if not less than a room at Woodloch Pines and we were all so close and could hang outside on porches.
I gave the ratings mostly based on the horrible wedding coordinator, Connie. She was completely unprofessional, lost e-mails (thank god i kept a print out of everything), was bossy to me and my bridal party, and did not even stay for the entire wedding reception. It's a shame b/c the wait staff and staff that assisted in booking the homes and rooms were wonderful. Unfortunately Woodloch throws in this "coordinator" with their package and she handles everything. I made more than one wasted two and a half hour drive to Woodloch on her account. The entire experience she acted like I was lucky to be having my wedding there, forgetting that I was paying a pretty penny to be married there. Make sure you start planning early b/c she never returned phone calls, and often mixed up brides. She tried blaming this on me, saying some people do not sign emails or leave contact info- another reason I kept a book with my emails and showed her that I did not do this. My only other complaint was that we were given a complimentary bridal suite. it was supposed to be located in the building right next to our reception at the Inn. Instead they switched it all the way to the other end of the complex after my family had placed out luggage at the original destination. We literally had to track down a ride and the room was nothing special at all, not even a kind sized bed or any type of tub.
I recommend Woodloch without this particular wedding planner.
Wedding: 08/31/2010
4.7/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.5
  • Responsiveness:  4.5
  • Value:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Rehersal dinner, Ceremony and Reception were fantastic. Venue was perfect. Outside lakeside ceremony, cocktails on the deck of the INN and reception in lakeview dining room. Food choices were plentiful. Reception service was fantastic. Referrals for local vendors were great. Only negative I found was that the wedding planning staff really isn't acustom to dealing with an out of state bride. They definitely were not used to dealing with a bride via email. In the end though, it all worked out beautifully. Resort is great for out of town guests. Guests can really have a vacation experience if one is wanted. All wedding guests are still talking about how beautiful the location is.
Wedding: 07/11/2010
4.8/5.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Well, the only thing i was disapointed with was the wedding coordinator. She was kind of bossy and rude to my family at the rehersal but, that aside i was infatuated with woodloch! I loved the food,service,decor! I live down the road from woodloch and never realized what a treasure i have in my back yard!
Wedding: 06/19/2010
  • Flexibility:  5.0
This was the perfect setting for our wedding! We loved it! Our guest were raving about it after, so we know they had a wonderful time as well. The service is exceptional- they far surpassed our expectations. The food was also spectacular, many guest said the best they have ever had at a wedding. We had family and friends stay at the resort for the weekend, which was great because it made it a whole weekend affair. I highly recommend Woodloch.
Wedding: 05/30/2009
4.6/5.0
  • Value:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The setting has been described by our guests as "like a wedding out of a movie." We wed lake-side while the sun was just getting ready to set. It was absolutely beautiful. Our reception allowed us to look out over the lake and looked absolutely amazing. I, however, provided the decor myself.
We also requested a themed menu which there were no chocies for on the wedding menu, so the chef tailored the menu to our wants. People are still raving about the Harvest Butternut Squash Soup! The rest of the meal was outstanding as well.
The homes available to stay in are amazing! We rented one for the bridesmaids and one for the groomsman. We woke up on our wedding day to find deer playing on the golf course outside! The fireplaces made great backgrounds for the pictures and the rooms offered more than enough room for preparations. We would highly recommend the homes at the Springs over the regular rooms at the Pines.
Woodloch truly offers a phenomenal setting for a fall wedding and I would not change a thing!
Wedding: 10/03/2008