Winterbourne Inn on the St.Johns

Value:
(4.9 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Winterbourne Inn is, hands down, the best choice for a wedding. I had 3 months to plan my entire wedding, and had no idea where to begin. I figured I'd start with the 'place'. I chose Winterbourne initially because of its pricing compared to other venues I saw. Little did I know I would encounter what felt like extended family! We met with Candice and she walked is around the property. It is beautiful! The ceremony spot overlooks the St Johns river and the massive Oak Trees have beautiful moss handing so elegantly. Pictures are AMAZING here! I immediately knew this was the place! Candice then gave me so many pointers, suggestions, and short cuts. She was so helpful. Although they are super busy, I always felt like their only bride. Now the food... to die for! I'm contemplating becoming a wedding crasher just for dinner! (Get the sweet potatoes. Trust me!) Winterbourne provided all the linens, glasses, dinner ware etc. We chose an open bar, the staff was awesome. The mixed drinks were perfect, and after the ceremony, all the guests went inside so the wedding party could take pictures, and we were served appetizers on the lawn! They clearly thought of everything! If you're reading this, I say "Stop looking. This is the place." Congratulations! :-)

• Wedding: 11/11/2014
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I can't say enough good things about this place. Everyone was do attentive when it came to questions and needs. Candice and Trisha were awesome at getting back to me at a timely manner. Everyone that came to the wedding just raved about it. Their food is also amazing.

• Wedding: 10/25/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We can not express how wonderful everything was for our daughters wedding 10/25/14. From the very first time we got in touch with you, it has been an absolute awesome experience! Your staff was awesome. There was nothing that my husband or I had to ask about or suggest. Everything was handled perfectly. Tim and I were able to enjoy our daughters wedding and visit with our guests. The food was great, couldn't have asked for better. The service both inside and out was AWESOME!! Thank you so very much for everything that you did to help make this day special!!! Tim and Mary Ann Schreiber

• Wedding: 10/25/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Thank you so much to everyone at winterbourne! Our wedding was wonderful and I have nothing but awesome, wonderful, great things to say about winterbourne and Candice. The food was amazing, Candice really made the whole day go by so smoothly and my entire experience with them for the past 10 months has been so positive and reassuring. Whenever I had a question or worry they wasted no time in responding and putting me at ease. Thank you so much. I feel so lucky to hold this very magical place and these lovely welcoming people so close to my heart. I can never express my gratitude enough.

• Wedding: 10/17/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Candace and the Winterbourne staff were amazing throughout the entire process. We fell in love with the location and everything was beautiful. The food was amazing...we are still getting compliments from it. The preferred vendors they recommended were also amazing. We couldn't have asked for a better venue and staff for our wedding day.

• Wedding: 10/11/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Winterbourne was a great venue to have our Fall wedding! They were extremely helpful with our planning and provided us guidance when it was needed. Candice was fabulous to work with. I highly recommend!

• Wedding: 10/04/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The winterbourne was the absolute perfect place to have my wedding! I hired Candace as my coordinator and that was the best decision I ever made. She took care of everything on wedding day and made sure nothing was forgotten. The venue is incredibly beautiful and so charming. And the food was amazing! Everyone raved about it. They even made gluten free plates for those who had diet restrictions.

• Wedding: 08/01/2014
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My wife and I were extremely pleased with our wedding experience at Winterbourne.I would recommend it to anyone looking to get married,they made our entire day beautiful and stress free.

• Wedding: 07/02/2014
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Photography
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We were very happy with this venue, although it is a little small. The setting is beautiful, the food was delicious, and Candace was very helpful. However, I would not recommend this venue if you are having a large wedding. We just barely fit with 100 guests. And I would definitely recommend paying for wedding planning services for rehearsal and day of ceremony. Candace did a great job of rounding everyone up and getting them to where they were supposed to be. She was also there to help me, the mother of the bride, take care of all the little details so that my daughter could just relax and enjoy her special day!

• Wedding: 06/28/2014
Alice
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had my son's rehearsal dinner at the Winterbourne Inn on June 13, 2014. I could not have been happier with the entire event. Candice and the staff were spectacular! I have coordinated many events and worked with many people over the years, but none as professional and friendly. On such a special night for my son and his now wife, I could not have been more pleased. I would recommend the Winterbourne Inn to everyone!

• Wedding: 06/13/2014
Donna
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Candice and her team are absolutely wonderful. My husband and I had the perfect wedding day - the site is beautiful and the food was spectacular. My husband has a gluten allergy and we only eat fish (no other meat), and Candice made sure we had meals prepared for us that would meet our restrictions (and it was DELICIOUS!). Bonnie actually coordinated the wedding for us, and she was great! We also emailed a lot with Trish and Candice throughout the entire year before our wedding, and they were so helpful and had no problems when I wanted to visit the site to check things out (over and over again...). :) We cannot recommend Winterbourne Inn enough - thanks to you all for helping us make great memories!
C & J
5-25-2014

• Wedding: 05/25/2014
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Beautiful venue on the river. The wedding was held on the lawn and the reception was held inside. The food was excellent. All the guest loved the wedding and reception. Would definitely recommend this venue.

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Winterbourne is a perfect venue for a wedding or any special ocassion. The venue is so beautiful that you don't need to spend a fortune to decorate, you actually need very little decor. We just loved the Southern charm it offered with a beautiful view of the river. It just felt like home, like you were entertaining guests in your own home. It is so relaxing that the guests feel right at home. The staff was great to work with and the food....well, it was amazing! You have to try their signature Blue Cheese Biscuits....yum yum. We still hear compliments from the wedding guests about the biscuits and honestly all the food that was on our menu.

• Wedding: 04/13/2014
Sarah
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Trish and Candice are awesome and such a joy to work with. From the minute I sent them my first email to the very last details even after the event was over they were quick to respond to emails and attend to my needs. The venue itself is gorgeous, the prices are ideal, but really what made this venue the best choice was being able to work with Trisha and Candice. You will not regret a thing by booking this venue!!

• Wedding: 03/15/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The entire staff is easy to work with, Candice and Trisha are amazing, the venue was absolutely perfect for the ceremony and reception.

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our wedding was absolutely perfect. The staff was amazing, venue was beautiful, price was awesome and the day couldn't have been better. Will suggest this place to anyone!

• Wedding: 01/12/2014
904-264-2114
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards