Windsor Ballroom at the Holiday Inn of East Windsor
399 Monmouth Street
East Windsor , NJ 08520  | map
Services: Bridal Shower, Ceremony, Engagement Party...
Catering: Offered in-house

Flexibility:
 (4.9/5.0)

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  5.0
We just had our wedding at The Windsor Ballroom on 3/15/14 and it was gorgeous, magnificent, perfect, wonderful, exciting and the list goes on and on. The room was breath-taking. I couldn't believe how quickly they set up our room after the wedding before ours. I blinked and it was done. The girls in the office (Tara, Sam, Cristine) are all very helpful and a joy to work with. They are very responsive and gave me GREAT ideas for many details to our wedding. Closer to our big day, Tara was able to calm me down with her experience as a therapist (I'm sure it was newly acquired for me). They were able to work with in our budget and we couldn't be happier.

Chris - our maitre d - was absolutely wonderful. He helped every step of the way, from making sure my new husband and I were comfortable, well fed (and beveraged!) and if we needed anything he had it quickly to us. He even got my toss bouquet out of the chandelier (yes, I was the bride that threw my toss bouquet into the chandelier - it's all my dj's fault (but I won't tell him that!)) and brought it to my maid of honor at JT's bar well after the reception ended before he headed home for the evening (close to 1:30am!!).

The food from cocktail hour and the reception itself, was delicious. A bit of forewarning: the abundance of food will make you wish you had a bigger stomach!!! I wish we had the ability to try out some of the stations during cocktail hour but being the bride & groom does have some disadvantages - constantly being pulled in a million directions. Everyone is raving about the food and how much you get. Some were asking to box their meals up to take them home (which isn't an option for guests!).

I wish I could do it all over again so I can relive it. The Windsor Ballroom will definitely be my referral point whenever someone I know gets engaged! My wedding reception will be one of my favorite memories for a very long time!!!! I am still smiling from ear to ear (4 days later!!!!)

Wedding: 03/15/2014
Services Used: Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I am writing specifically about Windsor Ballroom's Flexibility. Yesterday my Fiance and i popped in because he had yet to see the venue due to work issues and being out of state. We were in the area looking at churches and decided to swing by. I had a few questions for the front desk (they were also wonderful and had confidant answers for me about room blocks, down payments, ect) At the end i asked if it was possible to see the ballroom? The front desk employee hurried around the desk and was more then willing to give us a tour! Usually i know these things have to be scheduled but we did not and were treated as though we had an appointment for months! After seeing the ballroom the employee went into the events office and grabbed Caitlin for us and she continued our tour and answered a TON of questions i thought of between then and booking in December. We ended our tour by seeing Tara, who just like Caitlin, was so personable and flexible. The entire staff took more then enough time with us and were wonderful as they have been in the past 5 months with me. To get this type of value is one thing... to get this type of service with the value is rare! I just wanted to thank them again since our situation is different then some with my soon to be hubby working 2 states away! They were all of the things listed above and then some! I can NOT WAIT for my wedding, and if they are anything like they have been it will be wonderful!
~Sarah and Mike
Wedding: 02/28/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Tara, Chris and the entire staff at the Windsor Ballroom were amazing! From day one, when we met with Tara I knew that this was the perfect venue for us but more importantly that Tara was going to take great care of us as a couple and was invested in making sure our wedding was perfect! The value we got with the Winter Wonderland package gave us exactly what we wanted, to host a big party and feel like we could have everything! The value at this venue is amazing and the quality of everything from service to food to ambiance was unmatched!

Tara was very responsive to all of my little questions throughout the process and was always willing and determined to help with things to ensure I was not stressed. We brought both sets of parents when making decisions and Tara was great at working with all of the personalities and keeping us on track.

For our actual wedding day there were a few last minute changes but Tara not only chatted with me about everything she communicated directly with my other vendors to ensure that everyone was on the same page. I never had to worry for one second on my wedding day about if/how everything was going to be ready and set.

Chris handled the event with a calm confidence and made us feel like he had it handled. Even when my groom wound up hitting his head on the chandelier mid-Hora, Chris and his staff managed to clear the floor, clean up and fix the fixture with little to no disruption to the actual flow of the evening.

Little bumps and/or changes were nothing for the Windsor Ballroom staff and their calm confidence was invaluable. Plus it is always all the little things that really matter. I would recommend this venue to anyone looking to have the support and value to create your own custom wedding from top to bottom!
Wedding: 02/22/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Our daughter's wedding was on 2.22.14 (Winter Wonderland) and we can't offer enough thanks to Tara & her team, Chris & his team, the Hotel front desk, registration & the entire hotel staff. Our daughter's wedding was magnificent and as one of her uncles said, "This has to be the best family life cycle event we have ever had!" It was everything that we could have hoped for ... and then some.
Wedding: 02/22/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
TARA, CHRIS AND EVERYONE AT THE WINDSOR BALLROOM AND HOLIDAY INN MADE OUR WEDDING CELEBRATION WONDERFUL. TARA WAS EXTREMELY HELPFUL WHEN WE WERE CHOOSING THE BALLROOM AS OUR VENUE AND MADE OUR FAMILY COMFORTABLE AS WE MADE DECISIONS FOR OUR BIG DAY! THE SERVICE AND QUALITY OF THE FOOD, WAS EXCELLENT. OUR GUEST WERE ALL EXTREMELY SATIFIFIED WITH EVERYTHING AT THE WINDSOR BALLROOM! THE STAFF WATCHED OUT FOR US AS THE BRIDE AND GROOM AS WELL AS OUR FAMILY MEMBERS AND GUEST. WE WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND THE WINDSOR BALLROOM FOR WEDDINGS OR ANY OTHER EVENTS! THANKS AGAIN FOR EVERYTHING YOU DID TO MAKE OUR SPECIAL DAY A HUGE SUCCESS! HUGS AND LOVE, EDWIN AND MELISSA GARCIA :-)
Wedding: 12/22/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
It was so amazing, much beyond my expectation. Everything was so organised and service was superb. All the guests loved the event, the setup and all arrangements. The center pieces, arrangements, Cake, stage, ice sculpture, services, each and every little things were upto mark and all were very very good. Guests asked me who did this all, is it you? and all I have to say is that its Tara the Windsor Ballroom event organizer.

I am so thankful for all the arrangements and setup, I am so happy to select this venue for my wedding reception.

All I can say is close your eyes and do whatever Tara suggests :)
Wedding: 12/08/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
There are not enough positive adjectives in the English language to describe the experience of working with Tara and her staff at the Windsor Ballroom.
The planning process was so smooth! No matter what question I called to ask, Tara, Caitlin, and Christine were always happy to help. They returned calls promptly and were so accommodating and willing to do whatever it took to get you the right answer or to get the result you wanted. Since the packages are so inclusive, it really felt like a huge weight was lifted off our shoulders once we signed our contract. The bakery they use is superb, and the food that Anthony prepared was phenomenal. EVERYONE we have talked to since the wedding has commented on how delicious the food was, and how our wedding was the best one they had ever been to! Even my great aunt, who NEVER has anything nice to say and complains about every wedding she goes to, said that it was beautiful, the staff was amazing, and that it was the best wedding she had ever been to- including those of her own children'!!!
Every staff member we came into contact with was beyond courteous, and went out of their way to help us. Veronica was fabulous in helping us set up and check our room block for our out-of-town guests, which was most of them. The room rates were exceptionally good for our guests.
Our Maitre D', Chris, was exceptionally organized, beyond friendly, and made sure everything ran smoothly. We did not have to worry once about any details- Chris left no stone unturned. We were able to really enjoy every moment of our reception because of his attention to detail. And Tara- well, if you've met her even once, you know how much joie de vivre she has, and how much she loves weddings! She was amazing to work with, and I can honestly say that I don't think there is a better team that I saw. The Windsor Ballroom is an incredible value, and you'd be remiss not to book them!!
Wedding: 12/06/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I cannot express in words how incredible this facility is. From the attentive staff to the delicious food you just cannot go wrong using The Windsor Ballroom for your next event.
Tara is the manager and dealing with her was nothing short of stellar. She was understanding of our needs and made sure every detail was attended to. She treated us like family, making every accommodation we needed from setting up before we arrived until the last guest was walking out the door, go smoothly. Also Chris was our maître d' and what a fantastic level of service he provided as well. During the cocktail hour they even made sure I was eating, bringing me plates so that I could greet our guests hassle free. Even going so far during dinner as to cover my plate so my food wouldn't get cold. That is some amazing service.
The food by the way was delicious. My guests were overwhelmed with so many incredible choices during the cocktail hour. They raved about the mashed potato bar and sushi. The dinner was also not your typical run of the mill event food. The dishes were well prepared, hot, and yummy.
All told my event was one of the best family events I have ever attended and it was mostly due to the level of incredible service that this facility provides. Everyone from the bartenders, friendly servers, the security guard, Tara, Chris, and even the front desk staff gave us the experience of a lifetime and one my family is sure to be talking about for a long time. I highly recommend them for making any event special for your family.
Wedding: 11/09/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We had our wedding here this past weekend and we were thrilled!
Wedding: 10/13/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Words can not describe how happy we are that we booked our wedding (Oct 11, 2013) with The Windsor Ballroom--Tara and Caitlin have made this entire process so easy and have helped us so much. They were so accommodating with us and we even were able to have Indian food served for certain tables, which was awesome!! Thank you to Macio (Chef)!! Each employee we have come in contact with over the past year have been so accommodating and helpful! The night of our wedding, the room was exactly what I pictured it would look like, food was great (got so many compliments), Chris (maitre'd) was awesome and also got many compliments on the servers!! Thank you to everyone at The Windsor Ballroom for making our wedding as great as it was!! I would recommend them to any bride looking for a great venue, reasonable prices and awesome staff!
Wedding: 10/11/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Being a bride is a wonderful, exciting, scary, overwhelming experience. You go through every emotion fathomable, and sometimes the stress of the event can get the better of you. This is why it's so important to go with vendors that you can trust, rely on, book, and then just understand in the back of your mind that everything is going to be fine. This is exactly how I would describe the Windsor Ballroom.

I had gone there already completely interested in the venue based on all the wonderful reviews the venue had received. From the minute I contacted Tara through email to the walk through with my fiance, I was hooked. The ballroom was beautiful with the biggest dance floor I had seen, the hotel looked fantastic, and the bang for the buck was just amazing. It was the first venue and only venue we looked at. We were

So just when we thought the process couldn't get any better, it did. Tara answered all my questions within 24 hours, Veronica helped me set up my room block with absolute ease, and at that point I was able to sit back and not think about the venue again until the end of the process when we had to sort out final details. Tara was flexible with my out-of-town weekend-only schedule, and the final meeting with her was amazingly FUN.

The day before and of the wedding were obviously incredibly stressful, but everyone at the hotel pitched in to ensure anything we needed would be attended to right away. The bridal suite was AMAZING.

At the wedding, the food was great, presentation was fantastic, and the staff were just so attentive and kind. My fiance and I really felt like we won the lottery having our wedding at the Windsor Ballroom. Thank you for everything! (by the way, all the add'l vendors they recommended were just FANTASTIC, too)
Wedding: 10/04/2013
Services Used: Wedding Cake, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Choosing and booking a reception site for your wedding can be one of the most daunting task that a couple can face during the wedding planning stages. As soon as my fiance (well husband now), became engaged, we immediately starting looking for our site. Of course being my own internet search engine, I began looking online and finding different sites. When I visited the Windsor Ballroom site, I became more intrigued and wanted to learn more. I called and booked a tour, only one week after he proposed!

Upon our arrival, I instantly knew that The Windsor Ballroom was where I wanted my reception to be held. Tara and Caitlin were amazing, during the tour and we both felt at ease and comfortable, the entire time. Even though I was ready to sign the contract, that day, we decided to wait a few days, to make sure that we were certain. Well it only took about a week for that and I immediately reached out to Tara, wanting to book and reserve our date!

From the contract signings, to the menu tastings, I was always felt welcomed and comfortable. Coming to see Tara and Caitlin, was like going to see my girlfriends and going over wedding details and then chatting about stuff (that may or may not have been about the wedding). I could call or e-mail them anytime, for practically anything! I love the both of them, so much for EVERYTHING that they did, to make my wedding special!

My wedding day, was one to remember. Tara, Caitlin and the staff of the Windsor Ballroom were absolutely EXCELLENT. My guest were so pleased the quality of service and how much of a good time they all had; so much so, that they are still calling today and talking about it (& my wedding was almost a month ago)! I could not have chosen a better site for my reception; I wish I could have another reception, just so I could do it all over again!

Thank you Windsor Ballroom for making my dreams come true!!
Wedding: 09/28/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Everything, everyone, every detail was just perfect from the first email with Tara to the staff smiling and waving at us as we left. Tara, Caitlin, Nick, and Chris are professional, organized, and made our day not only beautiful but fun! Thank you to the staff of Windsor Ballroom!!!
Wedding: 08/18/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I would definately recommend the Windsor Ballroom in East Windsor, NJ to any upcoming bride to be. From the moment we met with Tara D'Bianca, I knew that we would be in good hands. Both Tara and her assistant Caitlin Vance answered every email, phone call and in person query right away and we always felt like we were their only wedding! The maitre'd - Nick - made the entire evening flow smoothly, and our guests have expressed numerous times how great everything turned out. If we had to do it all over again, I would choose the Windsor Ballroom (Holiday Inn) again!!
Wedding: 08/10/2013
Services Used: Wedding Cake, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Booking the venue is probably the biggest wedding-planning decision there is. It’s ridiculously nerve-wracking. But I knew it would all turn out ok, because Tara was on the other side of the desk promising, “We will take care of you.” Tara is outstanding to work with. She has a fantastic reputation as well. So many of the vendors we interviewed knew her and were excited at the chance to work with her again.

Tara, and later on Caitlin, helped us plan an awesome party! The cocktail hour food is insane and I think it’ll be months before people stop talking about how much they loved it! We were blown away with all the wonderful things we were able to afford on our budget. The venue’s centerpieces saved hundreds. The room looked gorgeous! The food was great. And Tara, Caitlin, and Nick made sure all our little touches were exactly the way we wanted them. They really listen to all the details. Their 24hr response policy is the best! They were always there to answer questions! Tara & Caitlin even helped me book a morning-after breakfast buffet at the last minute, going over all the paperwork after-hours. They are so flexible!

The service at the Windsor Ballroom is outstanding. Our Maitre D’ Nick and his assistant Chris along with the waitress assigned to our table were all amazing. I was treated like royalty all night. They made sure we always had everything we wanted. They made sure we ate. Nick gave us instructions on how to cut the cake and he even gave me pointers on how to throw the bouquet! They really know how to orchestrate a reception. The rest of the staff took excellent care of our guests too. All our guests said they were very well taken care of.

The only bump in the road was the hotel staff did not give great rates on the room block. The rooms themselves are great though. The bridal suite had plenty of room for me & my maids to get ready in the morning. The french doors are awesome for pictures.

Thank you all so much!!!! You made the day perfect!
Wedding: 08/02/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We are so pleased that we had our Wedding Reception at the Windsor Ballroom!! From our first meeting to through the morning after our wedding, we received fantastic service! Tara, Caitlin and Nick were all WONDERFUL and we can not thank them enough for making our wedding so special. Jason was very helpful with dealing with room block and reservations. All of the servers and bartenders were awesome as well!! Thank you!!
Wedding: 04/12/2013
Services Used: Lighting & Decor, Ceremony & Reception Venue
 609-448-7000
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire