Windsor Ballroom at the Holiday Inn of East Windsor

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Tara and her girls are beyond helpful!! They have great experience and know exactly how to help brides/grooms to make their day the best!

4.7

I'm so glad we chose to have our wedding here! Everyone we worked with was so nice Tara and Randi worked with me and they always offered to help, and answered any questions I had. My husband broke his button on his suit and Tara even helped him sew it back on! Everything was really nice and worked out well. The food was amazing, and the cake that was included from Chocolate Carousal was absolutely goergous, and tasted amazing! They had a really good deal going on In the winter that included a breakfast buffet for all the guests that stayed over night at the hotel, special lighting, a discounted room rate, and a grilled cheese and a soup station at cocktail hour. Everyone there was extremely helpful they always asked if we needed anything at all. The bridal party got a private room with some of the food from cocktail hour which was really nice. I did have little problems here, my first problem was the grilled cheese station was horrible which was something I was really looking forward too, it was regular bread with semi-melted cheese in the middle, it really was not good, also the private room that we had during cocktail hour did not include food from all of the stations we had, we did not get the grilled cheese and soup, or the pasta, the fruit and some of the other food. The other problem I had was while I thought this was normal other people told me it was not, they had charged us a service charge of 20% on top of what we were paying for everything else (and on top of paying about $80 a plate already). Other than that I had no problems with them and I really loved working with everyone there, everything was beautiful and went really smoothly! I would recommend them to people because even though it was pricey you were getting a lot!!!

Heather
11/08/2014

Wonderful staff and beautiful atmosphere for a wedding!

Private User
Recently Married
3.6

The place was very nice however the food was NOT good.

Jessica
08/09/2014

We got married at the Windsor Ballroom yesterday, and the experience was phenomenal!!!! Our wedding party, guests, and us had a blast, and Chris was an amazing Event Coordinator. I highly recommend this site for anyone looking for a great deal, awesome food choices, and amazing staff! Loved everything about our day!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had my reception at the Windsor Ballroom and I can tell you that it was only the third place we looked at and we booked that same day. Do not be put off by the outside area which looks very run of the mill Holiday Inn. The ballroom is very nice, the cocktail hour is held at a very spacious area and more importantly for us....they dancefloor is ginormous!

Unless you come here for a wedding, I don't think you get the scope of how beautiful the ballroom can turn out. Tara and her team did so much to help us with price, decor and lighting which made the place really come alive.

Cocktail Hour: We did a Jersey Shore table during cocktail hour which everyone raved (especially the kids). The servers were excellent, kept coming by with trays of food and very attentive to guests needs. MOST IMPORTANTLY the maitre'd was PHENOMENAL!! He greeted me as soon as I stepped foot on the premises and literally ran around helping me fix a dress issue I had, got me a cocktail to relax and had another server bring me food so I wouldn't pass out.

Food: The food is was all so delicious! We picked the baked chicken and the crab stuffed fish and people all loved it. We added dessert trays at the end were filled with these ginormous chocolate covered strawberries and endless crispy pastries, at first I thought I wouldn't need it, but our cake turned out to not be that good, so it really helped.

Decor: They can include everything from centerpieces, table numbers, tea lights an envelope cage AND YOUR WEDDING CAKE as part of your package.As a bride that wanted to spend a month-long honeymoon in Europe INSTEAD of centerpieces, this was a huge selling point.

Service: I can not say enough about the amazing service I received from the Windsor Ballroom. I have a very demanding job and kept forgetting about due dates for deposits, guests counts and basically everything important....and they were all so patient with me, accommodating to my schedule and really always taking that extra step t

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had my Daughter's wedding on May 25th 2014 Everything from the staff to the food and décor were wonderful, we also had a breakfast the day after the wedding and that was wonderful as well The staff was such a pleasure to work with we had many out of town guest and I haven't received any negative comments, everyone raved about the food and Tara and Chris made everything wonderful along with all the venue staff and hotel staff. It was a wonderful wedding !!!!!!!!!!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The reason my husband and I chose the Windsor ballroom was because of Tara Dibianca. I can't imagine working with anyone else, Tara was so helpful and flexible during our wedding planning process, we looked forward to meeting with her each time. She's fun, and makes it fun to plan a reception. The food was excellent, and the value for the price was great! The ballroom was a great choice and they were very hospitable for our guests and ourselves. Also, the Maitre'D Chris, was extremely helpful and coordinated out whole night with the vendors. Our reception was perfect!!!!

Private User
Recently Married

Wonderful experience from booking to event.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I never would have imagined that one location could have so many wonderful employees. Tara, Cristine, and Chris were all so amazing that I want to get remarried just to see them again! Jason, the bartender we had, was incredible! So many of my guests made sure to tell us how Jason had their drinks memorized and was super friendly. I am not sure if you can request bartenders but if you can, ask for Jason! My aunt, who always has something negative to say, could not find one thing to complain about. Every detail came out perfectly and there is not one ounce of regret for leaving my wedding in their hands.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I just in Love with The service Andes everybody love my wedding,food and service was amazing! 100% recommend and really good price :)

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had my wedding at Windsor Ballroom and from the very first time I met with Tara and her team, I had a great experience. They made everything flow so easy for me that I had no stress what so ever. The Maitre'd, Chris, was fantastic and made sure I was happy every step of the way. Cristine was AMAZING and I could not have asked for someone better. Tara was awesome and was always there for you, she even helped my girls bustle my dress when my buttons went missing. Having my wedding here was the best decision I could make and I highly recommend Tara and her team.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I LOVE THE WINDSOR BALLROOM! It was our first venue we looked at once we got engaged, and it was also the last! Tara & Cristine are so amazing, helpful and friendly. I couldn't have asked for a better experience. The venue is beautiful, and we loved that the reception was in the hotel, making it SO CONVENIENT for our guests. Everyone raved about the great food, and how nice their stay was with the Holiday Inn (including the incredible breakfast in the morning!). If you are looking for an amazing venue; for a really great price- this is it! Almost a month later, we are still getting phone calls from our guests complimenting us on our wedding. Thank you Windsor Ballroom- you are the best!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We just had our wedding at The Windsor Ballroom on 3/15/14 and it was gorgeous, magnificent, perfect, wonderful, exciting and the list goes on and on. The room was breath-taking. I couldn't believe how quickly they set up our room after the wedding before ours. I blinked and it was done. The girls in the office (Tara, Sam, Cristine) are all very helpful and a joy to work with. They are very responsive and gave me GREAT ideas for many details to our wedding. Closer to our big day, Tara was able to calm me down with her experience as a therapist (I'm sure it was newly acquired for me). They were able to work with in our budget and we couldn't be happier.

Chris - our maitre d - was absolutely wonderful. He helped every step of the way, from making sure my new husband and I were comfortable, well fed (and beveraged!) and if we needed anything he had it quickly to us. He even got my toss bouquet out of the chandelier (yes, I was the bride that threw my toss bouquet into the chandelier - it's all my dj's fault (but I won't tell him that!)) and brought it to my maid of honor at JT's bar well after the reception ended before he headed home for the evening (close to 1:30am!!).

The food from cocktail hour and the reception itself, was delicious. A bit of forewarning: the abundance of food will make you wish you had a bigger stomach!!! I wish we had the ability to try out some of the stations during cocktail hour but being the bride & groom does have some disadvantages - constantly being pulled in a million directions. Everyone is raving about the food and how much you get. Some were asking to box their meals up to take them home (which isn't an option for guests!).

I wish I could do it all over again so I can relive it. The Windsor Ballroom will definitely be my referral point whenever someone I know gets engaged! My wedding reception will be one of my favorite memories for a very long time!!!! I am still smiling from ear to ear (4 days later!!!!)

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

I am writing specifically about Windsor Ballroom's Flexibility. Yesterday my Fiance and i popped in because he had yet to see the venue due to work issues and being out of state. We were in the area looking at churches and decided to swing by. I had a few questions for the front desk (they were also wonderful and had confidant answers for me about room blocks, down payments, ect) At the end i asked if it was possible to see the ballroom? The front desk employee hurried around the desk and was more then willing to give us a tour! Usually i know these things have to be scheduled but we did not and were treated as though we had an appointment for months! After seeing the ballroom the employee went into the events office and grabbed Caitlin for us and she continued our tour and answered a TON of questions i thought of between then and booking in December. We ended our tour by seeing Tara, who just like Caitlin, was so personable and flexible. The entire staff took more then enough time with us and were wonderful as they have been in the past 5 months with me. To get this type of value is one thing... to get this type of service with the value is rare! I just wanted to thank them again since our situation is different then some with my soon to be hubby working 2 states away! They were all of the things listed above and then some! I can NOT WAIT for my wedding, and if they are anything like they have been it will be wonderful! ~Sarah and Mike

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Tara and crew at Windsor Ballroom are totally awesome and go above and beyond expectations!