Willamette Valley Vineyards

Willamette Valley Vineyards

We produce high-quality, sustainably grown Pinot Noir and other cool-climate varieties.

8800 Enchanted Way SE

Flexibility:
(4.2 / 5.0)
4.2/5.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

I received an e-mail a couple months before our date saying that Phase 1 of remodeling was complete... needless to say I was a little concerned. Luckily construction did not affect our wedding and I have to say the hospitality manager was great, but the vineyard is moving away from being a wedding venue. Our day was perfect, but I would be too uncertain to book them in the future.

• Wedding: 09/17/2011
4.6/5.0
  • Flexibility: 4.5

I held the reception for my wedding at Willamette Valley Vineyards and I could not have dreamed of a more beautiful location. The winery facilities are stunning, and its location with its view over the Willamette Valley cannot be beat. The interior of the Estate Room is lovely and is easily suited to different looks for different styles of weddings. The floor to ceiling windows along one wall and the decking made for an amazing look to our wedding. We didn't have any problems with parking or with the tasting room, although our reception didn't begin until after 5pm. We also had a few communication issues with the wedding services being transferred midway through our planning, but I'm confident these will be ironed out as time goes by. The only issue that affected the day itself was that the bride's room (Blossom Room) in the mezzanine area was not open, as it was meant to be, but even this was easily sorted out and didn't cause us too much trouble. If you want to have an elegant and beautiful reception, this is the best venue in the Willamette Valley.

• Wedding: 06/25/2011
3.9/5.0
  • Flexibility: 3.5

If you want a very nice ceremony and/or reception with a view, this is an amazing place! We had our ceremony outside on the lawn with a great view in the background. The reception was up in the main room with a big deck with beautiful sunset views. The reception staff was very friendly, professional, and helpful! We are so glad we had our wedding here!

• Wedding: 08/07/2010
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths
3.8/5.0
  • Professionalism: 3.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

Lovely location, and Willaby's Catering food and service was excellent. They also worked with us to get a nice selection of food (and a cookie tower!) close to our budget.

However, there were a few issues that made the wedding less than the "magical" we were hoping for. The facility changed coordinators in the middle of the planning, so we had to revisit decisions we had already made and perhaps some things got lost in translation.
--The contract called for a sign with my daughter and fiance's names out in front of the building to greet the guests, and that wasn't there.
--We brought in balloons that morning to decorate and were then told the facility did not allow them -- although there was no wording in the facility use agreement that said that -- so we were out the cost of the balloons and the extra color we expected them to add.
--The white tablecloths on the guest tables were not ironed or steamed after being unfolded, so they looked tacky rather than elegant.
-- Most significantly, because it is a working winery, the winery tasting room was open in the same building at the same time as the afternoon wedding. This was a real problem because the customers of the tasting room were allowed on the deck immediately behind where the ceremony was taking place (while it was taking place), and on the mezzanine which overlooks the room where the ceremony and the reception took place. We knew the tasting room would be open, but we didn't know guests could flow so freely between the public and the private areas, and the facility folks would not close the areas off. We had several wedding crashers come in to partake of our refreshments, and strangers gawking at our event throughout. So don't expect a really private ceremony or party unless you schedule your event for 6 pm or later when the tasting room is closed.

• Wedding: 04/11/2010
4.5/5.0
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 4.0

We had a beautiful wedding at Willamette Valley Vineyards, but what I would point out is that a WVV wedding is organized and run by Willaby's Catering and not the vineyard. The best thing I did was to hire Sue Hamilton of SHE Designs, who works closely with WVV, but also does events at other venues. While others have said that their Willaby's event manager was no where to be found, Sue Hamilton was at the venue at 10am for my 5pm wedding. She was there to oversee all vedors, decor and anything else that needed to be done. I didn't have to make a decision all night!

I don't think things would have gone as smoothly if I had left it all up to Willaby's. The Willaby's food was great and the prices were reasonable. My advice: Let the caterers focus on the food, and bring in a professional to do the day of coordination. It pays off!

• Wedding: 09/26/2009
  • Flexibility: 5.0

This place was beautiful and perfect! I grew up in the area and had always thought "I'd like to get married there" every time we drove by. The staff is easy to work with and VERY friendly! The price is very good compared to other similar venues. I HIGHLY recommend this place!

• Wedding: 06/13/2009
4.0/5.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

Willaby's food turned out great. They accommodated everything I wanted and were flexible with the menu. The table decorations looked beautiful and it was convenient that they worked so closely with SHE designs.

• Wedding: 11/15/2008
Services Used: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers
4.4/5.0
  • Flexibility: 3.5

Willamette Valley Vineyards was a beautiful location, and the staff were extremely helpful in meeting our needs for the reception.

• Wedding: 10/18/2008
Services Used: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers
4.7/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Willamette Valley Vineyards along with Willaby's Catering was the perfect combination of the most scenic setting coupled with excellent food and service. The staff was very attentive and efficient. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking to plan their wedding in the Willamette wine country!

• Wedding: 09/12/2008
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Wilaby's Catering and She Designs (flowers/decorations) provided excellent service. They were extremely attentive. They had great suggestions. Their food and designs were fabulous. The wait staff was outstanding. Our guests still rave about the food and service. Willamette Valley Vineyards is a wonderful venue for a wedding. Strongly recommend it!

• Wedding: 09/06/2008
Services Used: Catering
4.8/5.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Great venue, beautiful location.

• Wedding: 09/05/2008
1.9/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 2.0
  • Responsiveness: 1.0
  • Professionalism: 0.5
  • Value: 3.0
  • Flexibility: 3.0

The venue was beautiful. The food was delicious. However there were major issues.

Even though I was assured there would be a representative at my rehearsal, no one was there.

The day of the wedding:
1) There was trash all over the yard where the ceremony was held from the previous wedding.

2) There were not enough tables set up in the hall and there were no extra tables available in the building.
There was no staff at the vineyard that would help us find tables and finally my wedding planner just took one from another room.

3)Our reception manager, whose name I was never given beforehand, did not arrive until minutes before the ceremony started and her contact information was not available at the site so there wasn't any way to call to address these issues before the wedding started and thus they had to be taken care of during the cocktail hour.

4) The food was great. The staff was acceptable. Some had facial piercings even though I was assured there would be none on the staff.

5) Even though we paid hourly wages for a manager and a bartender (among other waitstaff) the manager WAS the bartender and thus we overpaid by close to $200.

6) No one responded after the wedding to the issues we had on that day even after I complained.

I love the vineyard, the wine and the food, but Willaby's Catering was dreadful to deal with.

ALSO - make sure that you request the 10% case discount. They have a minumum wine purchase but are not forthcoming with the case discount that they offer to the general public.

• Wedding: 08/24/2008
4.2/5.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

A very nice place to get married! It is such beautiful venue and everyone there was so helpful. I feel that we got alot for our money. Everywhere was very over priced and you still had to pay for seating and tables and a reception venue. At the vineyards we got it all, the catering was a bit expensive, but everything else was wonderful!

• Wedding: 08/14/2008
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Unique Services (Other)
3.5/5.0

• Quality of Service: 3.0
  • Responsiveness: 3.0
  • Professionalism: 3.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

Things were rather disorganized when I arrived. Staff was not very helpful in set up, seemed like someone needed to be in charge. Was disapointed with this because I had taken a day off to go over everything in detail from start to finish- dont know where this info went because the staff at the wedding sure didnt seem to know about it. The person in charge seemed to be more focused on another- larger wedding that was taking place. Staff was approaching the groom for details and questions- which is not acceptable on the wedding day. The food was great- working with Jean was great- just need to step it up a little on prepping the staff before the event and would definately recommend better set up.

• Wedding: 07/26/2008
Services Used: Catering
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The entire day was a dream come true! We met with the caterer and decorater two or three times to design our menu and figure out the layout of the venue. It could not have been more perfect!

• Wedding: 06/29/2008
503-588-4024
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire
4.2